Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:42:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did we all pass over this in the Axl interview
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did we all pass over this in the Axl interview  (Read 7101 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 12:29:57 PM »

is it possible to keep your focus and heart/soul into 26 different songs at once?
do u know what I mean? can u give 100% to working on 26 or 32 different songs at once?

In a span of ten years, yes.

I remember back in '99 when Axl told Kurt Loder they were working on 70 songs.  With as long as it's taken I'm surprised there aren't more.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 12:35:34 PM »

I think what most people have glossed over in this interview was that Axl just told RS something (anything), so he could get on with his night of smoking cubans and the finest greens with some other rockers at a party, while getting his cock sucked by some hot dumb bitch or two.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 12:38:43 PM »

Axl told Kurt Loder they were working on 70 songs.? With as long as it's taken I'm surprised there aren't more.
Why? If he kept adding to the total, it would never end. Its only logical that Axl would have narrowed the song total down at some point. ok

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 12:46:08 PM »

Or he's concentrating on the first two albums.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 01:45:11 PM »

he isn`t working on the complete songs i guess

Why should he work on a song which is complete? Huh

sorry   i didn`t make it very clear............... i was referring to this question
Does that mean that only SIX songs are 100% done or that they just have six songs that are not done yet?

i think it`s safe to say that those 6 songs aren`t done, but are still in the recording process... otherwise axl wouldn`t have said that he was working on 32 songs. because he isn`t working on finished songs. peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2006, 02:59:43 PM »

well, first I thought that 26 songs were as good as done, with 6 to go.
now Im thinking he's finished with 6 and have 26 left...oh lord I hope not, might take another few years.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
McDuff
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2006, 03:20:55 PM »

Well I think he most likely has most of the songs finished,and maybe he re-wrote some of the songs that he had during that interview with Kurt Loader,so most likely he is just working on the songs that he thinks will be the best ones,and ofcourse he probably scrapped some of the songs that he had been working on before and wrote new ones,anyway maybe we'll here the songs soon beer
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2006, 03:46:16 PM »

Same here McDuff.

i think it`s safe to say that those 6 songs aren`t done, but are still in the recording process... otherwise axl wouldn`t have said that he was working on 32 songs. because he isn`t working on finished songs. peace

Agreed. And cheers for clarifying.
BTW, their "finishing" might not be exactly what you'd imagine.  see Tommy's "working on an interlude" comment.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2006, 06:07:53 PM »

Axl told Kurt Loder they were working on 70 songs.? With as long as it's taken I'm surprised there aren't more.
Why? If he kept adding to the total, it would never end. Its only logical that Axl would have narrowed the song total down at some point. ok

ok.

BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2006, 06:54:09 PM »

It means that they are currently "working" on 32 songs. None of these 32 songs are complete although 26 are "nearly complete." It doesn't mean that there are only 32 songs. My guess is that the 13 songs for Chinese Democracy are done and completed and Axl was commenting on 32 songs he wants to finish up for the next two follow-ups to Chinese Democracy.

Edit:

I re-read the article and it says that of the thirty-two songs, thirteen are slated for Chinese Democracy. So that pretty much means they have not completed anything.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 07:01:24 PM by BabyGorilla » Logged
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2006, 09:49:27 PM »

""We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,"

Does that mean that only SIX songs are 100% done or that they just have six songs that are not done yet?

Exactly. Whatever  happened to "the album is done" or we are doing "finishing touches"? I guess we were all lied to for the last 4+ years.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2006, 10:53:09 PM »

you guys are nuts over-analyzing interviews and things Axl says. If you had to ask me, it means that out of all the song ideas they've had over the years, they have demos for 32 songs. 26 are at a stage where they're 95% done (maybe adding some minor tweaks) and 6 are probably still raw, but will be finished sometime in the future.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2006, 11:09:28 PM »

they have demos for 32 songs. 26 are at a stage where they're 95% done (maybe adding some minor tweaks) and 6 are probably still raw, but will be finished sometime in the future.
Am I the only one who thinks Madagascar could be one of the songs still in this "raw" stage? The songs pretty good, but I've always thought there was something missing, and cant imagine him releasing it if its in its 2002 form. The musics great, but it needs more lyrics.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »

I dont dissagree, I think the initial version played, grew from show to show, , but at the end if you listen to its evolution , well I can see great things being done with it .

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2006, 05:33:11 PM »

It means Slash's' comments can be finally put to rest.

Axl's now got six songs with vocals.   Tongue

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
badapple81
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 01:57:45 AM »

Could mean a variety of things..

I think it means 25 are complete and they working to complete #26 now and so on until they finish 32.. or maybe they have a few songs to work on and that'll be 26 done.. and then they'll start on the final 6..

It definately doesn't mean 6 are done and the others aren't. Nobody would word their sentences like that..

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2006, 06:03:14 AM »

mmmmm 26 songs,perfect for two 13 song albums just like uncle axl said,CD 13 songs.then half of the third album is already got its foundation,sounds tastey  drool

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2006, 02:34:47 PM »

when i read this in the recent dizzy interview ["Well... I actually thought that there are more... but if Axl says there are 32 then I guess. But what's already in the bank is unbelievable material. There's a lot. There's at least three dozen. There's a shitload of stuff. We've actually been doing stuff... we haven't been sittin' around. There really is a lot of stuff."] i thought,ok,so there working on 32 songs of which 26 are nearly done and 6 are less done.but what if there are other songs which are complete which axl doesnt include in the 32 songs hes workin on.coz if there complete then when he said theres 32 songs were workin on,then that would not of included any completed songs.like dizzy said "But what's already in the bank is unbelievable material"and " I actually thought that there are more than 32".maybe CD is complete and the 32 songs that are being worked on are for the follow up albums which axl is hoping to get finished before he has to release CD.and another thing,the 32 songs could be the next two albums and a few spare songs for bsides etc.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2006, 02:56:19 PM »

Very Smart interview by uncle AXL. It just keep everyone guessing guessing and guessing.
Welcome to the jungle!!

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2006, 12:23:46 PM »

14 years
32 songs