Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did we all pass over this in the Axl interview
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did we all pass over this in the Axl interview  (Read 7100 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: January 19, 2006, 12:57:49 AM »

""We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,"

Does that mean that only SIX songs are 100% done or that they just have six songs that are not done yet?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 01:32:31 AM »

Means 6 are completely finished

1.Chinese Democracy
2.Madagascar
3.The Blues
4.IRS
5.Rhiad
6.There Was Time or Better perhaps?

The reason I know this is u cant have 26 nearly done and not have even started on the other 6.

cause if u havent started on the other 6 then technically they arent songs so therefore they wouldnt even count on the total.

but the 26 nearly done just may need some fine tuning, a little punch in to clean up a mistake here or there.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Grass
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 01:40:40 AM »

I disagree.  I took it to mean that 26 songs are in the final stages of recording, while the other songs are in a much earlier stage and far from complete.  But it could really be either or...  beer
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 01:44:05 AM »

The first time I read it I took it as they are working on 32 songs and almost 26 are done. Meaning they only have like 6 or so songs left but now I think that could be the other way around.? ?nervous

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 01:52:16 AM »

CD,Madagascar, The Blues,IRS

By the rationale u have Genesis, it would mean they dont have any songs finished and they would have to have the songs I mentioned above finished right?

of course I just re read it and I see where u are coming from now Genesis.

So maybe 26 are almost done and the other 6 are in the starting stages??

Yikes.

Maybe CD by Christmas.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 01:53:08 AM »

The first time I read it I took it as they are working on 32 songs and almost 26 are done.
Thats how I took it also. I dont think we need to go into panic mode over this. His attitude towards it seems to have changed, and we're lucky he opened up about it, even if the remarks were more spontaneous instead of a calculated response.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 01:53:16 AM »

I disagree.? I took it to mean that 26 songs are in the final stages of recording, while the other songs are in a much earlier stage and far from complete.

That's how I read it, that 26 of the 32 songs are almost finished, with another 6 to complete also.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 02:35:09 AM »

its good news either way.if""We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," means that 6 are done but 26 are nearly done then we nearly have 32 full song.and if ""We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,"
means that 26 are near completed and only 6 nead some attention,then we almost have 26 songs out of which the 13 slated for CD could be in them and the 6 not so finished songs could be already enlisted for a later album which is why theres no hurry to get them ready....ow my head hurts.. confused

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 03:11:27 AM »

its good news either way.if""We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," means that 6 are done but 26 are nearly done then we nearly have 32 full song.and if ""We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,"
means that 26 are near completed and only 6 nead some attention,then we almost have 26 songs out of which the 13 slated for CD could be in them and the 6 not so finished songs could be already enlisted for a later album which is why theres no hurry to get them ready....ow my head hurts.. confused

You made my head hurt.lol

I think thta 26 tunes are near completion, he has 6 personal favorites, outta the 32 . IT probably will come down to what makes the cut for this first record. THen Im sure that they will ponder the second release, but first things first, remember he said he wanted to gradually bring the fans with him , so I expect from his most recent statement that you may like a few (pharapasing there), leads me to think those will def have the "old Style GNR " sound, and mixed in will be the sound of what this ensemble is now, and progress from there.

All in all Im just one syked mutherfuckerLookin to hear and evolve with what is goning on.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Groghan
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 04:07:51 AM »

any song writers out there?
is it possible to keep your focus and heart/soul into 26 different songs at once?
do u know what I mean? can u give 100% to working on 26 or 32 different songs at once?

is that how bands usually do it? or do they have a group of potential songs, and then try and finish them up, maybe working on 4-5 at a time?
SADIS
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 04:29:23 AM »

any song writers out there?
is it possible to keep your focus and heart/soul into 26 different songs at once?
do u know what I mean? can u give 100% to working on 26 or 32 different songs at once?

is that how bands usually do it? or do they have a group of potential songs, and then try and finish them up, maybe working on 4-5 at a time?

I'm a songwriter/producer.....you write a song pretty quickly. Maybe some finetuning later on but good songs are written pretty quickly.

The proces of producing is pretty different. You can't work on 26 songs at the same time, but you can work on about 6 at the same time. What they mean is they probably need to do some mixing or maybe alter a solo or something but the 26 songs are 98% done. The other six are still in the process of producing which means they don't know what solo comes under what part and when the orchestra kicks in or maybe they haven't even written the bass-line. So the other 6 are far from completion but th eother 26 are as good as finished, they now exactly what it's gonna sound like but maybe the guitar needs a little more distortion or the drums are a tatbit too loud.
shaun
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 04:40:40 AM »

With all these songs do you think this will be the last lot of songs from Gn'R. If Cd is to contain 13 of the best making it as big as if not bigger than (although i doubt it) AFD, then the remaining songs maybe released like the UYL albums were, 2 CD's worth to clear the slate as Slash once said. Clearing the slate for what though.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 04:55:29 AM »

I disagree.? I took it to mean that 26 songs are in the final stages of recording, while the other songs are in a much earlier stage and far from complete.

Is the correct answer........
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 05:14:14 AM »

U cant write 26 songs at the same time but once u get the music,lyrics and all that, u can them skip around from song to song.

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 08:45:25 AM »

I'm not going into any complex expanation, but I see it as this:

26 songs - These are a mixture of finished songs and songs that need a bit of tweaking (remixing, etc)
6 songs - still recording/composing.

This what I would have meant if I spoke those exact words - hence "working on 32".

@#$%Funker
elmir
VIP

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 09:11:45 AM »

1.Chinese Democracy
2.Madagascar
3.The Blues
4.IRS
5.Rhiad
6.There Was Time or Better perhaps?

Oh My God.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 09:49:49 AM »

What mutherfunker said, for now. It's still pretty ambiguous, if not equivocal.

Do you remember around September 2004, both Dizzy and Tommy stated that they heard the final mixes of CD?

FYI,
"It's like, all the stuff I heard was phenomenal. I didn't get a chance to listen to all of it, because I was pressed for time. But also I wanted to hear the things I hadn't heard yet. Some of the stuff had been done a while ago and hadn't changed much; I didn't really bother with that. But I wanted to hear all the new stuff and I heard about six things that I hadn't heard finished yet, that were really mind-blowing. A few of the songs are pretty epic in length, but that's always been GN'R's thing, hasn't it? I don't think it's a particularly long album, but I think the six I heard are pretty epic. I mean they are just... fucking huge, you know [laughs]. " ----------Tommy September 14, 2004
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 10:54:19 AM »

CD,Madagascar, The Blues,IRS

By the rationale u have Genesis, it would mean they dont have any songs finished and they would have to have the songs I mentioned above finished right?

of course I just re read it and I see where u are coming from now Genesis.

So maybe 26 are almost done and the other 6 are in the starting stages??

Yikes.

maybe 26 are finished as far as the band are concerned, performance and parts but it just need to be mixed..Huh?

Maybe CD by Christmas.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 11:47:21 AM »

he`s WORKING on 32 SONGS. 26 are nearly finished and 6 are not finished at the moment.......   he isn`t working on the complete songs i guess.....     so i think we still have to wait a bit....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 12:00:57 PM »

he isn`t working on the complete songs i guess

Why should he work on a song which is complete? Huh
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: