Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Cult
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Cult  (Read 468331 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1160 on: June 21, 2011, 12:41:30 PM »

THE CULT - ?HD? Sweet Soul Sister - Live HELLFEST 17/06/2011, Clisson, France -tinaRnR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r5FF8aTZA4

Wild Flower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdLE0p19JIQ

Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHHi-I_hqYU

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1161 on: June 24, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »

With recent escalated interest of Ian's prior band to The Cult, Southern Death Cult - original members Ian, Aki Nawaz, Buzz Burrows and Barry Jepson have made available T shirts
through this portal:

http://www.mamstore.co.uk/SouthernDeathCult

For those not familiar with the band, give them a google - a very interesting story. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1162 on: June 26, 2011, 08:01:59 PM »

With recent escalated interest of Ian's prior band to The Cult, Southern Death Cult - original members Ian, Aki Nawaz, Buzz Burrows and Barry Jepson have made available T shirts
through this portal:

http://www.mamstore.co.uk/SouthernDeathCult

A % of proceeds from sales will be donated to a Native American charity of Ian Astbury's choice.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1163 on: June 28, 2011, 10:21:59 PM »

An interesting photgraphic view of The Cult can be viewed below, tons of stuff I've never seen.

http://thecultbiografia.blogspot.com/2011/03/cult-friends-part-two-history-of-cult.html

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1164 on: July 05, 2011, 03:12:27 PM »

The Cult starts production of studio album 9 today in LA with producer Chris Goss.

No release date announced just yet - more to follow.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1165 on: July 05, 2011, 11:28:45 PM »

From The Cult's twitter, Ian being his mystical wolfchild self:

Studio Day One building it slowly already chills in the room ....
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:28:11 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1166 on: July 07, 2011, 01:01:32 PM »

KYUSS LIVES! Frontman Performs With THE CULT At Italy's SONISPHERE (Video) - July 3, 2011

KYUSS LIVES! singer John Garcia joined legendary rockers THE CULT on stage on June 25, 2011 at the Sonisphere festival in Imola, Italy to perform the classic THE CULT song "Love Removal Machine". Fan-filmed video footage of his appearance can be seen below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160218

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1167 on: July 14, 2011, 05:21:59 PM »

KYUSS LIVES! Frontman Performs With THE CULT At Italy's SONISPHERE (Video) - July 3, 2011

I saw that a week or 2 ago, absolutely brutal - very hard to watch.

It's too bad, Garcia's biggest influence has been Ian and it would have been cool to see him nail it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:49:45 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1168 on: July 14, 2011, 05:22:58 PM »

More from The Cult's twitter:

"Nailed a new song in the studio on the second Anniversary of the passing of Dash Snow the gloves came off today nothing to prove raw power ..."

And from Johnny Tempesta:

Things are going good. Yesterday was more or less setup day. I have two different kits set ups so I have some variety. Got the White Tama Bubinga kit and the Ludwig Stainless steel kit. Trying out tons of different cymbals too.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:24:08 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1169 on: July 15, 2011, 06:17:47 PM »

Billy Duffy will be taking part in The Alarm's Mike Peters "Love Hope and Strength" event coming up in Hawaii - details here:

http://www.thealarm.com/archives/17348

Come and Join Mike Peters in Hawaii for Kauai Rocks 2011 and celebrate 30 years of Mike Peters and Alarm history at a special Love Hope Strength Foundation concert on Tuesday August 23rd where Mike will be joined by such musical luminaries as Billy Duffy, John Oates, Donavon Frankenreiter, Shawn Colvin and more. Alarm fans who make the journey to Hawaii will have the opportunity to help choose the songs Mike performs throughout the day and take part in shaping an up close and personal performance event that will honour 30 years of Mike Peters and The Alarm songwriting history that began with 1981′s ?Unsafe Building? and continues to the anthemic signature tune ?Love Hope & Strength? of modern times.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1170 on: August 03, 2011, 11:00:50 AM »

Any idea what this is about...from Sebastian Bach:

me & billy talked abt a song i did w the Cult thats gotta come out?@AJCeli: @BillyDuffyandAJ and @sebastianbach http://t.co/FOaAmBR?

https://twitter.com/sebastianbach/status/97815538427887616

31 Jul via Twitter for iPhone

Warning, some people may find the photo offensive. hihi

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1171 on: August 05, 2011, 08:14:54 PM »

Any idea what this is about...from Sebastian Bach:

me & billy talked abt a song i did w the Cult thats gotta come out?@AJCeli: @BillyDuffyandAJ and @sebastianbach http://t.co/FOaAmBR?

https://twitter.com/sebastianbach/status/97815538427887616

Warning, some people may find the photo offensive. hihi

Yep, he  demoed a song with Ian called "Indian" during the "Ceremony" sessions in late '90, the song appeared on the record sans The Savage Animal. 

And yes, I find the photo quite offensive - although maybe not as offensive as the following, notice the footwear on BD....

http://yfrog.com/kh7wuhij
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:29:12 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1172 on: August 06, 2011, 01:46:46 AM »

Yep, he  demoed a song with Ian called "Indian" during the "Ceremony" sessions in late '90, the song appeared on the record sans The Savage Animal. 

So the song will probably never surface, you hope.

And yes, I find the photo quite offensive - although maybe not as offensive as the following, notice the footwear on BD....

http://yfrog.com/kh7wuhij

Imagine he's off to the beach Smiley -- at least he's not wearing your open toed man shoe. hihi

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1173 on: August 06, 2011, 12:25:01 PM »

So the song will probably never surface, you hope.

There's always a possibility it will, Beggars Banquet (The Cult's former record co) has used the bands back catalog as cash grabs many times over the years - multiple reissues, box sets etc
so never say never - althought I hope never. yes

Imagine he's off to the beach Smiley -- at least he's not wearing your open toed man shoe. :ihi:

I've tried but it doesn't work, I've seen this footwear fashion faux paux behavior before from Billy and hid it for years only to finally cleanse my soul of the shame I've been carrying and face my demons head on (well, foot on) with the picture linked above.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1174 on: August 06, 2011, 07:13:37 PM »

Imagine he's off to the beach Smiley -- at least he's not wearing your open toed man shoe. :ihi:

I've tried but it doesn't work, I've seen this footwear fashion faux paux behavior before from Billy and hid it for years only to finally cleanse my soul of the shame I've been carrying and face my demons head on (well, foot on) with the picture linked above.

Well, at least you've come to terms with it. hihi  And we could talk about Ian's footwear - but I have the feeling that would be an entirely different discussion. Smiley

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1175 on: August 06, 2011, 07:18:41 PM »

I'm waiting for my copy of Beyond Good and Evil (2001), in the mail.   Matt Sorum on drums!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1176 on: August 06, 2011, 07:38:57 PM »

I'm waiting for my copy of Beyond Good and Evil (2001), in the mail.   Matt Sorum on drums!

If you like heavy riff driven rock music, it's a good listen all the way through - very chunky.

They do sneak a ballad in there called "Nico" and it's a full on clunker.  Skip at all costs.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1177 on: August 06, 2011, 07:48:49 PM »

Well, at least you've come to terms with it. hihi 

It's been a long hard road but it's a cross I'll have to bare.

Imagine the personal hell I've had to endure knowing my favorite all time band once collaborated with The Savage Animal and the epitome of guitar slinger frequently wears flip flops.

I should sue for mental anguish with a side dish of pain and suffering. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1178 on: August 07, 2011, 01:38:35 AM »

It's been a long hard road but it's a cross I'll have to bare.

I didn't know it was that serious. Cheesy

Imagine the personal hell I've had to endure knowing my favorite all time band once collaborated with The Savage Animal and the epitome of guitar slinger frequently wears flip flops.

Then these are two subjects I'll try to avoid in this thread.  The Savage Animal and flip flops that is.

Unless I see a photo of Sebastian in flip flops.  That, I can't promise. hihi

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1179 on: August 07, 2011, 12:14:25 PM »

Then these are two subjects I'll try to avoid in this thread.  The Savage Animal and flip flops that is.

Please do, I've suffered enough already.

Back onto Cult news, Chris Wyse finished up bass tracks for The Cult's new record last week and
Cult touring guitarist Mike Dimkich has entered the twitter world @michaeljdimkich - he's an extremely witty/sacastic guy, very much worth a follow if you're into such things as the twitter..
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:38:11 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 102 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: