Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:34:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Cult
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Cult  (Read 468185 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1020 on: October 10, 2010, 12:50:37 PM »

Funny sidebar to this show, Ian chunked a tambourine at a guy 'texting" during the performance..

Awesome.

I'd like to see video of that -- is it true the guy was a member of The Cult's own entourage texting in the pit. hihi

Nope, from what I've heard from a few friends at the show it was an audience member.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1021 on: October 10, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »

Nope, from what I've heard from a few friends at the show it was an audience member.

So it was someone in the audience who wasn't paying attention -- even better. yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1022 on: October 11, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNVyQSettpI

My new band playing its first gig. We do our own song, but i figured id post it because we decided on the spot to do The Cult, the sound quality is horrendous, so dont have it loud guys. But being able to play The Cult live is something im very grateful for so i wanted to share it.

As you can see, the song gets me going (im on the bass)

We did guns too but the microphone cut out for like half the song so it wasnt worth posting up.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1023 on: October 11, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »

My new band playing its first gig. We do our own song, but i figured id post it because we decided on the spot to do The Cult, the sound quality is horrendous, so dont have it loud guys. But being able to play The Cult live is something im very grateful for so i wanted to share it.

Well done young man, Jamie Stewart would be proud! yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1024 on: October 12, 2010, 06:04:53 PM »

More Euro dates for early 2011 are in:

Feb 1/2011 - Brussels, Belgium, Ancienne Belgique
Feb 3/2011 - Groningen, Holland, Oosterport
Feb 5/2011 - Amsterdam, Holland, Paradiso

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1025 on: October 13, 2010, 07:49:29 PM »

We did guns too but the microphone cut out for like half the song so it wasnt worth posting up.
Cool, I didn't know you had a band, that's very cool.  You have a Nikki Sixx stage presence.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1026 on: October 18, 2010, 03:54:26 PM »

An updated itenerary of L?AMERICA MMX: THE CULT + BLACK RYDER

10/28/10 Chicago-Vic Theater
10/29/10 Buffalo-Town Ballroom
10/30/10 Sayreville-Starland Ballroom
10/31/10 Boston-Palladium
11/02/10 Baltimore-Rams Head Live
11/03/10 Hartford-Webster Theater
11/05/10 Pittsburgh-Carnegie Music Hall
11/06/10 Atlantic City-House of Blues
11/08/10 tampa-Janus Landing
11/09/10 Melbourne-Levelz
11/10/10 Orlando-Hard Rock
11/12/10 Atlanta-Tabernacle
11/13/10 Charlotte -Fillmore
11/14/10 Raleigh-Lincoln Theater
11/15/10 Cleveland-House of Blues
11/17/10 Grand Rapids-Orbit Room
11/18/10 South Bend-Club Fever
11/19/10 Detroit-Fillmore
11/20/10 Milwaukee-Eagles Theatre

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1027 on: October 26, 2010, 02:21:54 PM »

Capsule 2 info revealed:

http://www.planetrock.com/Article.asp?id=1998468&spid=35748

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1028 on: October 26, 2010, 06:51:41 PM »

Official press release on "Capsule 2 - New Blood Deep Cuts"

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/10/prweb4691514.htm

The Cult Announces Release of Capsule 2: New Blood Deep Cuts Due Out November 16th

New Song "Embers" Available Nov. 16

Legendary rock band The Cult prepares to release new music on November 16th via innovative music capsules, heralding a new era of music delivery that will impact the way we hear music for years to come. Capsule 2: New Blood Deep Cuts features new songs ?Embers? and ?Until The Light Takes Us,? live recordings of some of the band?s huge hits and an intimate look into The Cult's rehearsal space, with a never before seen warm-up performance of ?Black Angel.? Rather than revisit the traditional method of releasing a long form CD, the band is pioneering a new way of providing material. Capsules span multiple media formats including vinyl, digital, USB, CD and DVD formats, and can be purchased at: http://cultcapsulestore.com.

Frontman Ian Astbury explains, ?We are stepping away from the conventional system. By including new music, live music and film, we are giving our fans the opportunity to own other creative visions. The Capsule is a way of delivering music in bites, quicker and fresher than in the context of an album format.?

Capsule 2: New Blood Deep Cuts? lead track, ?Embers,? will be available exclusively on iTunes beginning November 1st for 2 weeks, while iTunes? exciting new music-oriented social network site called Ping boasts an exclusive On Demand preview streaming of ?Embers, the ?Black Angel? rehearsal film and new band photos. For an advanced taste of ?Embers?: http://aderra.net/Embers_Preview.html.

On the heels of their wildly successful Love Live Tour celebrating their 1985 groundbreaking album, The Cult announces a new run of U.S. dates on their L?America Tour kicking off October 28th in Chicago. UK dates begin January 18, 2011 in Leeds. Fans are afforded the unique opportunity of leaving the venue each night after a Cult concert with a full recording of the show on a USB flash drive - to relive each incendiary moment.

The Cult is Ian Astbury (vocals), Billy Duffy (guitar), Chris Wyse (bass), John Tempesta (drums) and Mike Dimkich (rhythm guitar), who worked with producer Chris Goss (Queens of the Stone Age, Unkle) to bring the new capsule recordings to life.

?Our latest recordings are a mixture of violent guitars, emotive vocal performances with high melody and driving beats,? offers Astbury. ?Textured metaphysical rock music for the contemporary music head."

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1029 on: October 27, 2010, 03:16:51 PM »

An interview with Ian and the full version of The Cult's next single "EMBERS" from "Capsule 2: New Blood Deep Cuts" can be heard heard below starting with "EVERYMAN AND WOMAN IS A STAR" around 65 minutes in.

http://www.planetrock.com/ondemand/default.asp?pfp=http%3a%2f%2ftx.sharp-stream.com%2fjw.php%3fc%3dplanetrockod%2fTuesday2610_nicky_horne.mp3%26type%3drtmp%26rtmp.loadbalance%3dtrue%26backcolor%3d000000%26frontcolor%3dFFFFFF%26autostart%3dtrue&activeSong=true&trackDivID=13&trackID=33

Smart and insightful as always.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #1030 on: October 27, 2010, 04:52:48 PM »

An updated itenerary of L?AMERICA MMX: THE CULT + BLACK RYDER

10/28/10 Chicago-Vic Theater
10/29/10 Buffalo-Town Ballroom
10/30/10 Sayreville-Starland Ballroom
10/31/10 Boston-Palladium
11/02/10 Baltimore-Rams Head Live
11/03/10 Hartford-Webster Theater
11/05/10 Pittsburgh-Carnegie Music Hall
11/06/10 Atlantic City-House of Blues
11/08/10 tampa-Janus Landing
11/09/10 Melbourne-Levelz
11/10/10 Orlando-Hard Rock
11/12/10 Atlanta-Tabernacle
11/13/10 Charlotte -Fillmore
11/14/10 Raleigh-Lincoln Theater
11/15/10 Cleveland-House of Blues
11/17/10 Grand Rapids-Orbit Room
11/18/10 South Bend-Club Fever
11/19/10 Detroit-Fillmore
11/20/10 Milwaukee-Eagles Theatre

Yeah baby- got my tics 4 Raleigh- just 10 min. from my house- was front row last year "Love " Tour will b front again- glad playing  "NYC" & other hits- gonna rule! beer
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1031 on: October 27, 2010, 05:31:12 PM »

Yeah baby- got my tics 4 Raleigh- just 10 min. from my house- was front row last year "Love " Tour will b front again- glad playing  "NYC" & other hits- gonna rule! beer

Well alright then. yes

Heard the venue is cool as hell as well.

I doubt the setlist will vary much from the first leg so you should be getting NYC second outta the gate..

Enjoy. ok
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 06:18:12 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #1032 on: October 27, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »

Well alright then. yes

Heard the venue is venue is cool as hell as well.

I doubt the setlist will vary much from the first leg so you should be getting NYC second outta the gate..

Enjoy. ok

Sweet- Thx 4 info- ya venue is awesome- remodeled couple years ago, great acoustics, hold like 800 & front row inches from stage smoking
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1033 on: October 27, 2010, 07:51:36 PM »

A little preview for ya, NYC live in San Diego 9/14/10, Billy D on fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFIQqXDTz44
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 06:19:12 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1034 on: October 28, 2010, 10:16:27 PM »

Ian guested with UNKLE earlier this week in LA at the the El Rey, in fine form with "Burn My Shadow"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXNVGFHP-0M

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1035 on: October 29, 2010, 01:05:24 PM »

Setlist from last night in Chicago, the first date of Phase 2 of the "L' America Tour":

1- Every Man and Woman is a Star
2 - NYC
3 - Phoenix
4 - Rain
5 - Sweet Soul Sister
6 - White
7 - Illuminated
8 - Sun King
9 - Nirvana
10 - Spirit Walker
11 - Embers
12 - Rise
13 - Firewoman
14 - Wildflower
15 - She Sells Sanctuary

Encores
17 - Lil' Devil
18 - LRM

USB's should be available soon at www.cultcapsulestore.com

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1036 on: October 29, 2010, 07:46:29 PM »

Setlist from last night in Chicago, the first date of Phase 2 of the "L' America Tour":

2 - NYC
3 - Phoenix
4 - Rain
5 - Sweet Soul Sister
6 - White
7 - Illuminated
8 - Sun King
9 - Nirvana
10 - Spirit Walker
11 - Embers
12 - Rise
13 - Firewoman
14 - Wildflower
15 - She Sells Sanctuary

Encores
17 - Lil' Devil
18 - LRM

Hmmm!! Interesting indeed, late 80s early 90s Cult. Didnt think Ian was into that stuff.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1037 on: October 30, 2010, 12:46:18 PM »

Hmmm!! Interesting indeed, late 80s early 90s Cult. Didnt think Ian was into that stuff.

Sweet Soul Sister and Fire Woman have pretty much been setlist staples over the years with Sun King being played sporadically over the last few tours. 

Great to see "NYC" added, that's a scorcher live.  Kinda indifferent on "White", there's a couple of on that record I'd prefer although "Ceremony" songs in general just never came off well live..
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 07:14:33 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #1038 on: October 31, 2010, 09:16:43 AM »

2 - NYC
3 - Phoenix
4 - Rain
5 - Sweet Soul Sister
6 - White
7 - Illuminated
8 - Sun King
9 - Nirvana
10 - Spirit Walker
11 - Embers
12 - Rise
13 - Firewoman
14 - Wildflower
15 - She Sells Sanctuary

Encores
17 - Lil' Devil
18 - LRM

very Nice!- about the best set I've seen from them-Very rocking- still remember hearing "NYC" back in the day -89' when they came to my college in Radford VA- "you guys ready to the fucking roof off this  place?!" - Which they did- I don't think the College knew what they were getting into to! hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1039 on: October 31, 2010, 01:25:30 PM »

Sweet Soul Sister and Fire Woman have pretty much been setlist staples over the years with Sun King being played sporadically over the last few tours. 

Great to see "NYC" added, that's a scorcher live.  Kinda indifferent on "White", there's a couple of on that record I'd prefer although "Ceremony" songs in general just never came off well live..
I think Wildhearted son would be good live providing they had two guitarists

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 102 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: