Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:21:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Cult
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Cult  (Read 467845 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #800 on: February 21, 2010, 07:12:23 PM »

And some vids..

Sweet Souls Sister:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qcRBjjgUbs

Edie:
http://www.youtube.com/user/01socalgal#p/u/0/uzFpffnhZX4

I Assassin:
http://www.youtube.com/user/01socalgal#p/u/1/vLN2Z4pxDTM

Revolution:
http://www.youtube.com/user/01socalgal#p/u/2/se5ukzK837c

thanks to 01socalgal

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #801 on: February 22, 2010, 06:24:20 PM »

They're working on the new album in the desert...anything else on the album news?

Musink Tattoo Convention & Music Festival at OC Fairgrounds

Feb. 22 2010 @ 2:37PM

The Show: The Cult headlined Friday night to an undersized but appreciative audience. Front man Ian Astbury was decked out in sunglasses and layers of black while dusting off some classic tunes like "Sweet Soul Sister," "Fire Woman", "Love Removal Machine" and "She Sells Sanctuary." Guitarist Billy Duffy windmilled the strings on his Gretsch White Falcon in dramatic, winning fashion, supporting my theory that few bands really know how to rock these days.

Astbury informed the audience that the Cult was working on a new album "in the desert" with recording wizard Chris Goss (Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age). The heat in the desert may have affected Astbury, as he went into a diatribe about wanting to play Coachella and asking promotor powerhouse Goldenvoice to make it happen. It might have been a possibility, if they had broke up 10 years ago.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/heardmentality/over-the-weekend/musink-nofx-the-cult-buzzcocks/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #802 on: February 23, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »

Those video are really good, very cool.  Thanks for posting them.  Smiley

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #803 on: February 23, 2010, 05:08:35 PM »

Check out the vid Billy mentions below at www.billymorrison.net/weblog

"Here's a compilation video from the January Ducati Allstars show that took place in Los Angeles. I am completely wrapped up in rehearsal land with my new job.... and I will be able to say very soon who its with - I just have to wait until the dates are announced and then I can let you all know. I gotta tell you, it's a great vibe, and I get to play guitar on songs that I love and grew up listening to. To be able to play every day, in a full-on preproduction situation again is exciting for me. I have obviously missed touring and I'm happy to be headed out there this year. As soon as I get the 'OK' to say, I will say. In the meantime, we'll be doing another D.A.S. show out in Scottsdale, Arizona at the Red Bar on March 1st.
Have a great rest of the week and keep your eyes here for further info."
Peace

Billy

Just throwing it out there, but is there any chance Billy has gotten the rhythm guitar gig for Slash's upcoming tour, that he is talking about here...?

Now that you point it out, it does seem to fit.  Interesting.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #804 on: February 24, 2010, 03:01:55 PM »

THE CULT: Quality Footage Of MUSINK Performance Available - Feb. 24, 2010

Fan-filmed video footage of THE CULT's February 19, 2010 performance at the Musink tattoo convention and music festival at the OC Fair & Event Center in Costa Mesa, California can be viewed below.

The setlist was as follows:

01. L'il Devil
02. Electric Ocean
03. Rain
04. Sweet Soul Sister
05. Revolution
06. The Witch
07. I Assassin
08. Spiritwalker
09. Edie
10. Nirvana
11. Fire Woman
12. Rise
13. The Phoenix
14. Dirty Little Rockstar
15. Wildflower
16. Love Removal Machine
-----------------
17. She Sells Sanctuary

Check out a review of the performance from The Orange County Register.

THE CULT in 2008 parted ways with Roadrunner Records, the label that released the group's latest album, "Born into This". That CD sold 12,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 70 on The Billboard 200 chart. It was recorded in London with producer Youth (VERVE, PRIMAL SCREAM).

THE CULT's current touring lineup includes principals Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy alongside bassist Chris Wyse, drummer John Tempesta (ex-WHITE ZOMBIE, TESTAMENT, EXODUS, HELMET) and rhythm guitarist Mike Dimkich.

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=135688

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #805 on: February 24, 2010, 09:16:28 PM »

A couple of Cult related side projects - bassist Chris Wyse's "OWL" and touring guitarist Mike Dimkich's "The Looters" both have upcoming live dates scheduled..

OWL:

LA: Feb. 27, 2010 - Los Angeles, CA - The Viper Room

NYC: March 6, 2010 at Northern Lights, Clifton Park, NY (opening for JET)

and..

The Looters:

LA: Saturday, March 6, 2010 at The Cat Club, 8911 Sunset Blvd. W. Hollywood , California.

There will be two sets 9:00 and 10:15.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #806 on: February 24, 2010, 09:30:20 PM »

More vids from MUSINK:

Fire Woman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugr0N_otKXk

She Sells Sanctuary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNDZf-BwEfs

Love Removal Machine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6sJzRnzJQ8

Wild Flower:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp1zfmgyu7o

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #807 on: February 25, 2010, 10:08:02 AM »

THE CULT Completes Recording New EP - Feb. 25, 2010

Veteran rockers THE CULT have finished recording four new songs at a Los Angeles-area studio with producer Chris Goss (MASTERS OF REALITY, KYUSS, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE) for a brand new EP, to be released this summer. More details will be revealed soon.

Affliction Clothing's web channel "Affliction Vision" sent OZZY OSBOURNE/ex-ROB ZOMBIE bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson to this year's Musink tattoo convention and music festival at the OC Fair & Event Center in Costa Mesa, California. His interview with THE CULT drummer John Tempesta (also ex-WHITE ZOMBIE, TESTAMENT, EXODUS, HELMET) can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=135732

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #808 on: February 25, 2010, 10:10:55 AM »

Lots of Cult happenings, a few from Ian himself via twitter..

"We have made something beautiful in the studio mature irreverent passionate sensual erotic even violent our best work in xx years ...Now we have to work out the roll out, mastering & delivery. This time we will drop the music properly with consideration its to important to be poorly handled like our 2 previous "Albums" new formats for new times."

"Just finalizing dates for May in NZ and Aus LOVE LIVE as well as Europe in the Summer everything will be posted at THECULT.US site"

"Looking into USA & Canada also Mexico and South America dates"

"Heavy Schedule for 2010 for The Cult. Also film and some collaborations with film and music still wood shedding more solo activity to"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:23:56 AM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #809 on: February 25, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »

Be nice if they got Jamie to play bass and contribute to one track of their new stuff.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #810 on: February 26, 2010, 07:27:26 PM »

Ian's LAMF brand dog tags can be purchased here:

http://cart.unionlosangeles.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products_id=535&zenid=eab4de909c0aa892ded47c91bbdb0742

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #811 on: February 28, 2010, 02:54:07 PM »

Couple of things from Ian/Cult twitters

Cult:
"Dates to be posted soon for Aus & NZ"

Ian:
"20 TH Anniversary of "Gathering Of The Tribes" this year seems like yesterday Bill Graham RIP without him there would be NO Lollapalooza "

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #812 on: March 02, 2010, 02:18:33 PM »

More updats via the Cult twit...

"Website overhaul should be active early next month" 

"The Witch drops in new Nicolas Cage movie "Seasons Of The Witch"

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #813 on: March 03, 2010, 12:55:26 PM »

MAY "LOVE LIVE" dates down under are in, more to follow:

MAY 3 RD AUCKLAND WAITAKERE STADIUM,
MAY 5 BRISBANE TIVOLI,
MAY 6 SYDNEY BIG TOP LUNA PARK,
MAY 8 MELBOURNE PALAIS THEATRE
MAY 1O ADELAIDE THEBARTON THEATRE,
MAY 12 TH PERTH METRO CITY

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #814 on: March 08, 2010, 03:31:50 PM »

Looks like Morrison's headed out with Idol this summer, from www.billymorrison.net

"I am happy to finally be able to tell you that I will be touring in 2010 with Billy Idol. I joined the line up at the beginning of the year and have been deep in rehearsals for a few weeks now. The twin guitars of Steve Stevens and myself sound amazing on the Idol material and I am excited to get out there and start playing shows. My friend Jeremy Colson is behind the kit and the astute among you will remember that I have worked with Jeremy before in Circus Diablo. The official press release is below, along with the European Tour Dates. American and Canadian dates will be announced soon. Expect some choice V-Blogs, Tweets and general fun stuff from me throughout the tour. And keep your browsers here for more details and news direct from the camp

BILLY IDOL will debut a new powerhouse band when he hits the road this summer with performances at major music festivals throughout Europe, with North American dates set to follow. In addition to his longtime guitarist Steve Stevens, Stephen McGrath on bass and Derek Sherinian on keyboards, IDOL will be joined on this trek by acclaimed guitarist Billy Morrison and drummer Jeremy Colson. Morrison, one of the founders of Camp Freddy and front man for Circus Diablo, has previously played in The Cult, Stimulator, Doheny and Into a Circle, while Colson (Morrison?s collaborator in Circus Diablo) is known for his work with Steve Vai, with whom he?s worked since 2002.

The 2010 Summer Tour will kick off with a pair of shows in Russia (Moscow on June 5 and St. Petersburg on June 7), to be followed with a performance at the Malmo Sweden Rock Festival and his second appearance at the Download Festival at Donington Park in his native U.K."

EUROPEAN DATES SUMMER 2010
Sat 6/5  Moscow, Russia   SCCH Russia
Mon 6/7  St. Petersburg, Russia   Ice Hall
Wed 6/9  Helsinki, Finland   Ice Hall
Sat 6/11  Malmo, Sweden   Sweden Rock Festival
Sun 6/13  Donington Park, UK   Download Festival
Wed 6/16  Nr Nurenburg, Germany   Arbenburg, Burg
Fri 6/18  Athens, Greece   Karaiski Stadium
Sun 6/20  Skopje, Macedonia   Skopsko Lizgaliste
Mon 6/21  Belgrade, Serbia   Belgrade Arena
Tue 6/22  Zagreb, Croatia   T Music Festival
Thu 6/24  Ljubjiana, Slovenia   Hala Tivoli
Fri 6/25  Vienna, Austria   Danube Island
Sun 6/27  Prague, Czech Republic   Sasazu
Tue 6/29  Ravensburg, Germany   Oberschubenhalle
Thu 7/1  Sopron, Hungary   Volt Festival
Sat 7/3  Germany   TBA
Sun 7/4  Bremen, Germany   Freeload Festival
Thu 7/8  Bonn, Germany   Museumplatz
Fri 7/9  Huttweil, Switzerland   Rocksound Festival
Sun 7/11  Weert, Holland   Bospop Festival

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #815 on: March 08, 2010, 04:47:55 PM »

Another date has popped up via Cult twitter..

"TOKYO DATE MAY 14 TH STUDIO COAST WE LOVE TOKYO "LOVE LIVE IN TOKYO"

Translated..

May 14 LOVE/LIVE: Tokyo, Japan - Studio Coast 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #816 on: March 11, 2010, 10:26:47 AM »

The Cult To Make Love In Australia

by Paul Cashmere - March 11 2010

The Cult will tour Australia in May and perform their classic `Love` album from start to finish.

?Love? featured the signature hit ?She Sells Sanctuary?. "The band is redefining the live album experience with the "LOVE" Live Tour; nothing is comparable to witnessing The Cult, fully engaged in the live creation of arguably their seminal album. For fans this will be the greatest tour yet, and for those just discovering The Cult, this staging will envelop them in a pure performance experience," stated Cult manager, Tom Vitorino.

As well as the ?Love? album, the second half of the shows will be Cult classics.

Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy have been recording at the Sunset Marquis Villa Recording Studios in LA. They may throw a new song or two in for a preview was well.

Cult dates are:
Monday, 3 May, 2010, The Trust Stadium Arena, Waitakere, New Zealand
Wednesday, 5 May, 2010, The Tivoli, Brisbane (18+)
Thursday, 6 May, 2010, Big Top Luna Park, Sydney (18+)
Saturday, 8 May, 2010, Palais Theatre, Melbourne
Monday, 10 May, 2010, Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide
Wednesday, 12 May, 2010, Metro City, Perth (18+)

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=10537_The_Cult_To_Make_Love_In_Australia

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #817 on: March 12, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »

Slash talks Ian/Cult..

http://www.exploremusic.com/

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #818 on: March 13, 2010, 12:30:14 AM »

Great that they're touring Australia, have to try to get along to the Sydney show!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #819 on: March 13, 2010, 03:23:08 PM »

Slash talks Ian/Cult..

http://www.exploremusic.com/

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to hearing this song.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 102 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: