Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:19:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Cult
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Cult  (Read 467751 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #760 on: January 03, 2010, 01:19:05 PM »

hahaha Ian seems really pissed off at the end of that video! (metallica)

html sucks
Bansidhe
Headliner

We'll rap yer pus.

« Reply #761 on: January 03, 2010, 01:32:53 PM »

hahaha Ian seems really pissed off at the end of that video! (metallica)

Aye mate. Bill the professional as ever keeps playing throughout despite having foam/silly string sprayed in his face & glitter poured over his head. Grin

If I had the wings of an sparrow, if I had the arse of a crow, I'd fly over Dens Park tomorrow and shite on the bastards below, below.
Shite on, shite on, shite on the bastards below.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #762 on: January 03, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »

Little did we know the 18 year old bass player - aka Kid Chaos would now be known as Dr. Stepen Harris...

Here's the original story on The Kid that aired on CBS This Morning back in 2006, ignore the GNR stuff - he just filled in for a couple shows back in like 87 or 88..

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=1444659n

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #763 on: January 03, 2010, 02:19:23 PM »

I wish some rare footage like that would surface from Sonic Temple tour, so hard to find stuff from that tour!

That era of the band is really hard (for me at least) to watch.  Billy wanting to get the band to a wider audience and Ian doing everything he could do to keep that from happening.

Simply put, they were a mess...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Bansidhe
Headliner

We'll rap yer pus.

« Reply #764 on: January 03, 2010, 02:30:45 PM »

I wish some rare footage like that would surface from Sonic Temple tour, so hard to find stuff from that tour!

That era of the band is really hard (for me at least) to watch.  Billy wanting to get the band to a wider audience and Ian doing everything he could do to keep that from happening.

Simply put, they were a mess...

There was a great article in MOJO magazine in 2008 where they talked a bit about the Sonic Temple tour. Billy wanted to keep building the band up & loved to be in the spotlight whereas Ian felt that they were getting way to big and possibly being "sell-out". Ian's heart clearly wasn't in it for a lot of that time & it showed. Way too much booze to try & escape the limelight & ending up a bit of a mess at times.

If I had the wings of an sparrow, if I had the arse of a crow, I'd fly over Dens Park tomorrow and shite on the bastards below, below.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #765 on: January 03, 2010, 02:35:39 PM »

"Highway To Hell" from last night's Ducati All Stars gig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEB_nIdoeJc

Thanks to Tom for the footage

EDIT:  Tons more vid from last night here, Fire Woman included..

http://www.youtube.com/user/tom91381#p/u/6/FhQryq6mRy0

Click the "date added" tab for the Ducati All Star stuff..

All credit to Tom, thanks. ok
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:53:14 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #766 on: January 03, 2010, 02:49:22 PM »

yeah, all you have to do is what the Jonathan Ross performance to see Ian cannot be bothered, but its my favorite album by them so i like to see stuff from that era in the hope to see more songs than just fire woman, sun king and edie played live.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #767 on: January 03, 2010, 07:09:55 PM »

...hope to see more songs than just fire woman, sun king and edie played live.

You'll still get "Sweet Soul Sister" but I'd suspect nothing beyond that and the 3 you mentioned above.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Bansidhe
Headliner

We'll rap yer pus.

« Reply #768 on: January 04, 2010, 11:32:29 AM »

yeah, all you have to do is what the Jonathan Ross performance to see Ian cannot be bothered, but its my favorite album by them so i like to see stuff from that era in the hope to see more songs than just fire woman, sun king and edie played live.

That's the one where Bill smacks Ian's arse when he's singing & he's just like "F**k you Billy".

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #769 on: January 04, 2010, 01:09:20 PM »

EDIT:  Tons more vid from last night here, Fire Woman included..

http://www.youtube.com/user/tom91381#p/u/6/FhQryq6mRy0

Click the "date added" tab for the Ducati All Star stuff..

All credit to Tom, thanks. ok

Thanks for posting the link to the videos, it looks like another good show.  I came across the setlist, although Tom has posted most of the songs.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3070335&l=d8286bde0c&id=51504397489

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #770 on: January 04, 2010, 03:11:04 PM »

DUCATI ALL-STARS: Video Footage From Hollywood Concert Available - Jan. 4, 2010

DUCATI ALL-STARS, a group of talented musicians and Ducati enthusiasts, "hammered out 30 years of rock" at the legendary Roxy Theatre on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood, California on Saturday, January 2. The band, which was headed up by Billy Morrison of CAMP FREDDY, also included Steve Jones (SEX PISTOLS) and Steve Stevens (BILLY IDOL) on guitar, Chris Wyse (THE CULT) on bass, Jason Bonham (BONHAM, LED ZEPPELIN) on drums, and Donovan Leitch, Franky Perez (SLASH, SCARS ON BROADWAY) and Mark McGrath (SUGAR RAY) on vocals.

Fan-filmed video footage of the event can be viewed below. More video clips are available at this location.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132888

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #771 on: January 05, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »

The Cult on Jim Rome...

Thanks to www.thecult.us for the following:

National radio talk show host/ESPN personality Jim Rome played "Fire Woman" today and also gives both "Rise" and "Dirty Little Rockstar" a spin every now and then as bumper music between segments.

Jim mentioned his affinity for The Cult and credited them with being a "great
band" - very nice.

Check your local radio listings for Rome's talk show and watch for him on ESPN on "Jim Rome Is Burning" - you may just hear The Cult!!!

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #772 on: January 07, 2010, 07:37:05 PM »

Billy Morrison at the Beverly Hills Gibson showroom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95R3lrK25iw&feature=player_embedded

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #773 on: January 08, 2010, 04:58:47 PM »

I thought this was interesting, from an interview today with Steve "Lips" Kudlow...

The Cult. Ian Astbury's an amazing guy, man. You know what he told me? I still can't believe it. After we went to see The Cult in New York, we ended up at the airport, and there Astbury is! He starts telling us that the tour that they were on wouldn't have happened if he hadn't seen the Anvil movie. He said that it made him pull up his socks, look in the mirror and go, "What the hell are you doing with your life?" Wow, that's powerful. It's so incredible.

http://www.chartattack.com/features/78310/anvil-winning-friends-and-influencing-people

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #774 on: January 12, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »

A bit of unconfirmed touring news, looks as though The Cult maybe doing an Australian tour in April/May.

Last time Down Under for Billy and Ian was The Big Day Out festival in 1995..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #775 on: January 16, 2010, 02:33:47 PM »

ZAKK WYLDE, BILLY MORRISON To Join Local Elected Officials, Business Leaders For Groundbreaking Ceremony For Sunset Strip Beautification Project

Friday, January 15, 2010

Business Wire has issued the following press release:

Sometimes even an icon needs a facelift! The City of West Hollywood?s legendary Sunset Boulevard, one of the most famous streets in the world, is undergoing major roadway and infrastructure improvements as part of the Sunset Strip Beautification Project. The City of West Hollywood, Sunset Strip Business Association and Gibson will hold a Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Sunset Strip Beautification Project on Wednesday, January 20th, 2010 from 11 AM to 12 PM at Whisky A Go-Go, 8901 Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood.

Gibson Guitar artists and friends of The Sunset Strip Billy Morrison (THE CULT, CAMP FREDDY) and Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCITY) will join members of the West Hollywood City Council and Sunset Strip business leaders in the Groundbreaking Ceremony. Others scheduled to participate include Mikeal Maglieri, President of the Sunset Strip Business Association, and Nic Adler, Sunset Strip Music Festival organizer.

For more information about the Sunset Strip Beautification Project, please visit www.weho.org/sunsetproject.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #776 on: January 17, 2010, 05:03:46 PM »

Ian Astbury | Decades Rock Live DVD         

Decades Rock Live Concert Series featuring The Doors Of The 21st Century with special guests Ian Astbury, Perry Farrell (Janes Addiction), Macy Gray, John Sebastian (Lovin' Spoonful), Vanilla Fudge from the upcoming "Best Of Decades Rock Live" DVD coming Winter 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gghl83OUqcM&feature=player_embedded

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #777 on: January 19, 2010, 05:01:10 PM »

THE CULT, Lemmy's THE HEADCAT To Perform At Musink Tattoo Convention And Music Festival; More Details Revealed

As the Musink Tattoo Convention And Music Festival fast approaches, more big names have been added to the various and extensive lineups. Presented by Affliction, Inc., the third annual Musink at the Orange County Fair & Exposition Center will take place February 19, 20 and 21 in Costa Mesa, CA.

Confirmed bands for the Orange County festival include THE CULT and THE HEADCAT (featuring Lemmy Kilmister from MOT?RHEAD and Slim Jim Phantom from STRAY CATS) with many more to be announced.

Musink will also showcase world renowned tattoo artists including: Jack Rudy & the G.T.C?s crew, Mike Brown, Corey Miller, Filip Leu & The Leu Family?s Family Iron, Mick Tattoo, Bill & Junii Salmon?s Diamond Club, Forever Tattoo, Spotlight Tattoo, Bob Roberts, Charlie Roberts, Brian Everett, Hori Taka, Hori Mitsu, Hori Masa and Toshihide (from the Horitoshi Family), Sunset Strip Tattoo, Greg James, Rick Walters, Catfish Carl, Mark Mahoney, Freddy Negrete, Isaiah Negrete, Shamrock Social Club, Gill Monte, Eddie Deutsche, Clay Decker, True Tattoo, Richard Stell, Mike Pike, Jo Jo Ackerman, Hori Sho, Hori Tsuki Kage aka Shad, Opie Ortiz, Steve Boltz, Jason McAfee, Temple Tattoo, Robert Hernandez, Eric Blair, Bryan Burk, Black Heart Tattoo, Juan Puente, Tim Lehi, Kore Flatmo, Oliver Peck, Mike Roche, Permanent Mark, Mike Wilson, Lindsey Carmichael, Matt Shamah, Jim Miner, Ron Earheart, Mike Roper, Eiland Hogan, Chris Danley, Robert Atkinson, Lil Tokyo Jiro, Kim Saigh, Shawn Barber, Kari Barba, Hori Yuki, State of Grace, Gold Rush Tattoo, Colin Dowling, Harley Goodson, Dr. Claw, Shawn Warcot, Nikko Hurtado, Mike Furgeson, Ben Corn, Grant Cobb, Mike Godfrey, Bob Tyrrell and more TBA.

In addition to the stages, artists, tattoo contests and fine art exhibits, the festival will host the 2010 Miss MusInk Pageant, live paintings, and a Legends Skate Jam featuring professionals Original Z-Boy Tony Alva, Christian Hosoi, Steve Olson, Mike V, Eric Dressen, Duane Peters and more.

Tickets are only $30.00 in Orange County and $25.00 in Dallas and available now via Ticketmaster.

For more information, visit www.musink.org..

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #778 on: January 21, 2010, 09:35:32 PM »

Some Haiti relief efforts from Billy Morrison amongst others from www.billymorrison.net

"An original track that was written by myself, Ginger Wildheart, Michael Butler and Scott Lipps last year will be exclusively available on the forthcoming Haiti Relief album, on Gingers Round Records label. The track is called "Mystery Number" and was produced by Mike Clink. It will appear under the band name "The Sonic Graffiti" and we have donated the track to the album - 100% of the proceeds will go to the relief effort. It will be available for download soon and I will post the details when I have them. The Sonic Graffiti played a couple of "Wildhearts Greatest Hits" shows last year in Los Angeles and at some point, will write and record more tracks. For now, enjoy the fruits of our time together and do something to help the devastation in Haiti."

-Billy

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #779 on: January 30, 2010, 08:37:15 PM »

A few Morrison/Camp Freddy updates from www.billymorrison.net

"Camp Freddy has a few shows on the books already this year, which is always nice. The band has been together now for nearly eight years.... longer than a lot of real bands!! We are all really proud of Freddy and have amazing fun with the band. It's always nice to know that the shows are still coming and that we continue to put together our crazy Rock N Roll Circus a few times a year!! From the looks of it, we'll be getting out of LA a few times as well, which will be nice. Oh.... and PLEASE..... don't hit me up asking "if we'll be playing your town"!!! We don't choose the cities we play in - they choose us when we get an offer to do a show.

The John Varvatos party the other night was a veritable 'Rock Extravaganza!' The band, Alberta Cross, played in the West Hollywood store and John hosted another killer party - pre-Grammy. Tons of people packed inside and outside and it was nice to hang with my friends. Ginger was in town, with his new band and brought Michael Monroe with him. Duff and Matt came. Glen Hughes. Perry. It was a scene, Dahlings!

And I have the usual laundry list of projects and plans in front of me. I believe that the coming year looks extremely exciting and rewarding, at least on paper!! Things change daily in this business, but I am looking forward to it all. The conference call I had yesterday with my project people at Gibson USA moved the 'Morrison Les Paul' forward a lot. I re-thought the design and paint-job (which was proving to be difficult) and we talked through a bunch of the details like fretwire, trussrod covers etc. Expecting a new prototype in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed, it looks like my signature will see the light of day this summer.

I gotta get moving - although its Saturday, there is a potential International Camp Freddy show in the mix that we would all like to see happen, so I'm gonna do what I do best and start work on that today. Hopefully we can get it together...... this one is a nice one!! See ya soon, people."

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 102 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: