Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:30:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Cult
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Cult  (Read 467720 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #740 on: December 18, 2009, 03:29:13 PM »

A new splash page is now fronting the Official Cult website, viewable here:

www.thecult.us

Lot's to come in MMX  yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #741 on: December 20, 2009, 02:35:40 PM »

Current Cult bassist Chris Wyse will be appearing alongside former Cult bassist Billy Morrison with the Ducati All Stars Jan 2 at the Roxy in LA.

Thanks to http://www.billymorrison.net/weblog for the following

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #742 on: December 20, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »

A cool piece featuring Billy Morrison's motorcycle club can be viewed here:

http://www.rockmoto.com/

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Bansidhe
Headliner

We'll rap yer pus.

« Reply #743 on: December 21, 2009, 01:17:17 PM »

A cool piece featuring Billy Morrison's motorcycle club can be viewed here:

http://www.rockmoto.com/

Quality stuff mate. 2 of my main passions in life encapsulated in that vid. ok
I'm guessing Jonesey has some reinforced shocks now though. Big lad these days Grin
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 01:19:50 PM by Bansidhe » Logged

If I had the wings of an sparrow, if I had the arse of a crow, I'd fly over Dens Park tomorrow and shite on the bastards below, below.
Shite on, shite on, shite on the bastards below.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #744 on: December 21, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »

Billy Duffy in the studio today, thanks to Johnny Tempesta for the pic..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #745 on: December 21, 2009, 08:47:54 PM »

More from the The Cult in the studio, Johnny Tempesta and producer Chris Goss..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #746 on: December 24, 2009, 01:36:18 PM »

More Ducati All Star info from www.billymorrison.net

My passion for riding motorcycles has been deeply engrained in me, ever since I first watched my uncle racing for Kawasaki in the World Grand Prix (what is now known as MotoGP) when I was about 8 years old. Having a father who also raced motorcycles kinda sealed the deal I guess, and bikes have always sat side by side with music in my life. Now I fucked that up when I first met my wife and pulled a crazy long wheelie up Camden High Street in London on a 1000cc Yamaha R1 sports bike?.. with her perched on the back. Not the greatest of moves, but how was I to know we?d end up married?! I was being young, dumb and full of?.. well anyway?.. earlier this year, a group of my friends began riding here in LA. All fans of Ducati motorcycles (and including Sex Pistols guitarist, Steve Jones), it has quickly ignited that passion again.

Steve was building a great relationship with the Italian marque and the idea for the DUCATI ALLSTARS show at the Roxy on January 2nd was born. A group of avid Ducatista, who also happen to play rock n roll. Seemed logical. Steve, along with existing riders Franky Perez, Mark McGrath, Jason Bonham and myself enlisted the help of guitar wizard Steve Stevens and The Cult?s bass player, Chris Wyse. Throw in the obvious MC stylings of Mr Donovan Leitch and there you have it. A one-off evening of motorcycles and music. There will be tee shirt giveaways (check out the design - I think Ducati will be giving a limited number of these away but only if you are actually at the show), 2010 Ducati motorcycles inside the Roxy, preferred Ducati parking??.. and if you enter the promotional code ?Ducati? when you order tickets from either Ticketmaster or The Roxy, you get the friends and family rate of $25.

You can keep up to date over the holiday period with giveaways, promos and competitions in various locations. First of all, all So-Cal Ducati dealerships will have posters and information regarding the show. There were rumors that people buying a motorcycle in the month of December get in free, but I have no idea if that happened. Personally, I think if you just dropped fifteen grand on a Ducati and want to come to the show, you should just show up and walk in!!! Tell em Billy said it was ok!!! And then you can use the following links to stay informed. I?ll see you all, complete with New Years hangover, on Saturday January 2nd, at The Roxy. Peace.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #747 on: December 25, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »

Quick Astbury update.

Ian Astbury recently directed the short film "Ruins" which he describes as "almost a ?Romeo and Juliet' story set on a reservation."

Apolla Echino is acting in the film and Rick Rodgers is the Director of Photography: he is the one who shot all the LAByrinth Theater Company's shorts and many others such as The Third Act Of Marian Seldes.

The release date is expected in January, 2010.

Thanks to Apolla Echino

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #748 on: December 25, 2009, 02:49:14 PM »

Sonisphere in Finland poster...

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 02:50:49 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #749 on: December 25, 2009, 02:53:47 PM »

Cult bassist Chris Wyse and Chris Goss in the studio..

Thanks to Johnny T for the pic..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #750 on: December 26, 2009, 01:56:03 PM »

Old school "Go West" video can be viewed here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-pNX9Yb8HA

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Bansidhe
Headliner

We'll rap yer pus.

« Reply #751 on: December 26, 2009, 06:22:17 PM »

Cheers mate, never seen that before & didn't even know such a thing existed. WTF are they doing playing next to an outdoor kids swimming pool is the obvious question. Wonder where it was filmed. Good live version of that on the Lyceum vhs although I need to get it converted to dvd.

If I had the wings of an sparrow, if I had the arse of a crow, I'd fly over Dens Park tomorrow and shite on the bastards below, below.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #752 on: December 27, 2009, 07:11:51 PM »

I'd seen bits of it before but never the whole thing, no clue on why it was filmed where it was - bizarre to say the least.

The version of "Go West" is indeed cracking on "Live at The Lyceum" - a proper DVD release would be cool.

Beggars Banquet has tons of live footage, full pro shot gigs, TV appearances and interviews from the Dreamtime era on up through 1994's eponymous release. 

I suspect they'll release some piece by piece much like they have done with the multiple box sets and whatnot over the years..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Bansidhe
Headliner

We'll rap yer pus.

« Reply #753 on: December 29, 2009, 03:13:27 PM »

Whole proshot of Pinkpop 92 would be immense.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #754 on: December 29, 2009, 06:02:58 PM »

Whole proshot of Pinkpop 92 would be immense.

That show was broadcast live on TV, most of it can be youtubed - would love to have it on an official DVD release though...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #755 on: December 30, 2009, 09:36:37 AM »

More Ducati All Star info..

http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatinorthamerica/events/detail.jhtml;jsessionid=25G4YVLUXX0CQCRNCB3CFFIKFUIHSIV1?eventId=28704

UPDATE! - 5 pairs of VIP tickets have been delivered to Pro-Italia Motors in Glendale and Spectrum Motorsports in Irvine. The first five people to each shop get a pair of tickets! If you don't make it in time, you will have another chance tomorrow when we announce the locations for Wednesday.

Tickets for the Ducati All-Stars New Year's Bash at the Roxy are now on sale! Only a limited number of tickets are available, so don't miss your chance to come see this group of Ducati-enthusiasts and legendary rock stars hammer through three decades of rock to kick off the New Year. We might even have a few surprises up our sleeves. A good time is guaranteed to be had by all!

Tickets are $35 at Ticketmaster.com and the Roxy box office.

Just for the Ducati faithful, enter the promo code "DUCATI" when purchasing your tickets at Ticketmaster.com and your ticket is only $25.

VIP TICKETS

Want full access at the Roxy? Want to rub elbows with Ducati's very own Rock Royalty? Want the tickets money can't buy?

Ducati North America is holding 35 pairs of VIP tickets for some lucky Ducatisti. Beginning early next week, daily announcements on Ducati North America's Facebook and Twitter pages will list the dealership or dealerships that will be awarding VIP passes that day. Each dealership will only get 5 passes and you must be present to collect them.

Bert's Motorcycle Mall
1151 N Azusa Ave
Covina, CA 91722
626-974-6600
www.bertsmegamall.com

Del Amo Motorsports
2500 Marine Ave
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
310-220-2223
www.delamo-motorsports.com

Ducati Newport Beach
1601 Newport Boulevard
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
949-706-1616
www.ducatinewportbeach.com

Pro-Italia Los Angeles
3319 N Verdugo Rd
Glendale, CA 91208
818-249-5707
www.proitalia.com

Southern California Ducati
515 W Lambert Rd
Brea, CA 92821
714-256-6700
www.socalducati.com

Spectrum Motorsports
51A Auto Center Dr
Irvine, CA 92618
949-951-3611
spectrum-motorsports.com

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Bansidhe
Headliner

We'll rap yer pus.

« Reply #756 on: January 01, 2010, 07:57:53 PM »

Gimmick Live at The Lyceum
Wasn't on any of the original releases but came out on a video/cd that was released in Canada in the 90s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQA_9b_HObc&feature=related&fmt=18

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #757 on: January 02, 2010, 01:43:33 PM »

Another old school clip, this from the Joan Rivers show in May of 88 complete with a birthday phone call from Ian's Dad..

Little did we know the 18 year old bass player - aka Kid Chaos would now be known as Dr. Stepen Harris...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVrkv4Woav0

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #758 on: January 03, 2010, 07:39:52 AM »

Awesome footage. Sad to think Ians dad passed away just a few years later.

I wish some rare footage like that would surface from Sonic Temple tour, so hard to find stuff from that tour!

html sucks
Bansidhe
Headliner

We'll rap yer pus.

« Reply #759 on: January 03, 2010, 10:34:30 AM »

Awesome footage. Sad to think Ians dad passed away just a few years later.

I wish some rare footage like that would surface from Sonic Temple tour, so hard to find stuff from that tour!

There's not a lot doing the rounds unfortunately. This seems to be all that's on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCuZxnZhstg&fmt=18  (NYC Live @ Wembley 1989)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q14j8PvDdhM&feature=related&fmt=18 (Lil' Devil Live @ Wembley 1989)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys2_ZUqaDH8&feature=related&fmt=18 (SSS Live in Toronto 1989)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkXJlSHXt08&fmt=18 (Metallica causing a scene on stage)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdsCEMR1_bw&feature=related&fmt=18 (Metallica again)

It seems this lad can do you a dvd of the Wembley 1989 show: http://www.youtube.com/user/theCULTliveshowstv

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 102 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: