Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:15:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Cult
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Cult  (Read 467010 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #440 on: October 30, 2008, 10:05:57 AM »

And a vid of the band arriving in Curtiba, thanks to redsnake and youtube for the following..

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=F8KT8sjibkM

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #441 on: November 06, 2008, 09:19:17 AM »

Info on a Nov 17 Johnny Tempesta drum clinic in San Antonio can be found here:

http://www.samashmusic.com/events/view.asp?EventID=756&StoreID=64

"In a career spanning two decades, drummer John Tempesta has built a body of work that's deservedly earned him a place among metal's most popular and well-respected players. Perhaps best known for his tenure with Rob Zombie - both in White Zombie and with Rob's solo project - John worked his way up through the drumming ranks, always looking for his next challenge and never resting on past achievements.
With an extensive professional resume that includes gigs with Exodus, Testament, Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society, Tony Iommi, Helmet and Scum of The Earth (which features John's brother, guitarist Mike Tempesta), John can currently be found touring the world behind the drum throne of The Cult."

And a pic of John and his Cult kit to be on display at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas

« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 05:47:56 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #442 on: November 06, 2008, 05:57:51 PM »

he is a beasty drummer with a distinct influence. thats for sure.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #443 on: November 10, 2008, 04:23:20 PM »

Ran across this NME cover story from 1982 on Ian and Southern Death Cult, some really good insight about the band/scene/era etc.

Thanks to crow and www.cultcental.com

http://www.killyourpetpuppy.co.uk/news/?p=1169

Not sure where the following originated, but scans of another SDC article can be viewed here:

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/killyourpetpuppy/Zig%20Zag%20magazine/?action=view&current=img709.jpg

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/killyourpetpuppy/Zig%20Zag%20magazine/?action=view&current=img710.jpg

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/killyourpetpuppy/KYPP%20issue%205/?action=view&current=page14.jpg

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/killyourpetpuppy/KYPP%20issue%205/?action=view&current=page15.jpg

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 04:32:27 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #444 on: November 12, 2008, 06:53:24 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgvqdqeqFDI&feature=related

finally more footage of the BBC show has been uploaded!!!

im so happy, i only thought one song was broadcast.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #445 on: November 16, 2008, 06:56:26 PM »

Saw the boys last night in Kansas City.

No surprises in the setlist. Opened with Nirvana and all the usuals in between - closed the main set with LRM. Encore was Savages, Horse Nation, and Sanctuary

Couple of interesting things:

Billy used the White Falcon for both LIl Devil and Edie which are normally Les Paul numbers..

Mike's guitar was very good in the mix, he was really into it and throwing a few shapes.

Ian intro'd DLR with something to the affect of "We don't have any Dirty Little Rockstars here -except for Mr Chris Wyse" - then Chris immediately ripped into the opening, very cool.

Ian said something about how they're enjoying what they're doing and to expect new music, nothing specific just a general statement - take it for what it's worth I suppose. Billy didn't say much, intro'd "Illuminated" and played rather reserved for the most part, saw one big windmill and that was about it for guitar hero theatrics.

Ended with Ian introducing the band and Billy returning the favor with a an intro of Ian and hug, nice seeing the two getting along.

Personal highlight for me was "Horse Nation", seen the boys a ton over the years and that was a first for me.

Setlist: Nirvana, Lil' Devil, Rain, Sweet Soul Sister, The Witch, Spiritwalker, Edie (Ciao, Baby), Illuminated, Fire Woman, Rise, The Phoenix, Dirty Little Rock Star, Wildflower, Love Removal Machine. Encore: Savages, Horse Nation, She Sells Sanctuary
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 08:26:27 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #446 on: November 17, 2008, 11:05:30 PM »

SAMMY HAGAR Performs 'Rock Candy' With THE CULT's Billy Duffy; Video Available - Nov. 17, 2008

Video footage of Sammy Hagar performing the MONSTROSE classic "Rock Candy" with Billy Duffy of THE CULT at the Pacific Amphitheater in Costa Mesa, California in August 2008 can be viewed at Ultimate-Guitar.tv.

Sammy Hagar will release a new album on Loud & Proud Records on November 18. "Cosmic Universal Fashion" marks the first official release for Loud & Proud, a Roadrunner Records imprint focusing on established artists. The title track and first single, "Cosmic Universal Fashion", was written as an online collaboration between Hagar and a young Iraqi rock and roller by the name of Steven Lost. Released via Sammy's web site RedRocker.com and already a YouTube sensation, the video was produced in the same spirit as the classic VAN HALEN video for "Right Now" and strikes a timely chord with November's upcoming Presidential election.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109084

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #447 on: November 20, 2008, 09:21:46 AM »

DEF LEPPARD, THE CULT, FEAR FACTORY Members To Play Soccer For Charity - Nov. 20, 2008

Vivian Campbell (DEF LEPPARD, ex-DIO), Billy Duffy (THE CULT) and Christian Olde Wolbers (FEAR FACTORY, ARKAEA) are among the musicians who will play for Champions United ? a soccer team put together by the MLS magazine featuring players from the music industry ? at a charity match against Hollywood United this Saturday, November 22 at the Home Depot Center, Field 5, in Anaheim, California. Kick-off is at 3:00 p.m. The mission is to assist in raising funds for the victims of Hurricane Ike left homeless after the devastating storm.

Commented Christian Olde Wolbers: "I used to play semi-pro soccer for Germinal Ekeren when I grew up in Belgium before I became an axe-slinger. I was a goalie and soccer was my first passion. I always wanted to go pro and my dream of playing for a first-division team was granted until the coach noticed my first tattoo and the longer hair because I started to like metal and I got suspended. That's when I started playing music more and decided I wanted to be in a band.

"So this Saturday we are playing with Hollywood United, which is owned by the legendary Steve Jones from the SEX PISTOLS and some of my favorite actors, world-class soccer players from around the world and artists. We are playing for charity to help the hurricane victims in Houston, Texas.

"It feels amazing to live my childhood dream again while helping out and giving some time? 'The greatest gift is giving someone your time.'

"So come down to the Home Depot Center this Saturday and support for a good cause."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109275

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #448 on: November 20, 2008, 09:42:16 AM »

DEF LEPPARD, THE CULT, FEAR FACTORY Members To Play Soccer For Charity - Nov. 20, 2008

Billy Duffy (THE CULT) ... are among the musicians who will play for Champions United

That's odd, Billy's played for Hollywood United for years..

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2008-11-10-hollywood-united-vs-champions-united

"With the game kicking off at 3pm on Saturday, November 22nd at the Home Depot Center Field 5 and Fox Soccer Channel broadcasting the match, a great afternoon of football and festivities (EA Sports will be setting up game consoles featuring FIFA 2009) should be had by all."

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:49:27 AM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #449 on: November 20, 2008, 01:59:44 PM »

Nov 16 Alamodome gig vids and setlist courtesy of www.cultcentral.com and youtube

Setlist:
Nirvana
Lil' Devil
Rain
Sweet Soul Sister
The Witch
Spiritwalker
Edie (Ciao Baby)
Illuminated
Fire Woman
Rise
The Phoenix
Dirty Little Rockstar
Wild Flower
Love Removal Machine

Encore:
She Sells Sanctuary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMnapCcr9W4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBXG5R53Nk4

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #450 on: November 21, 2008, 11:58:48 AM »

Video of Johnny Tempesta performing at the Same Ash Drum Clinic in San Antonio this past week can be found here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=46809101

Thanks to John's myspace and www.thecult.us for the above.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #451 on: November 25, 2008, 09:36:53 PM »

Sad news, "Ceremony" era Cult drummer Michael Lee has passed away at 39.

From Blabbermouth

Drummer MICHAEL LEE Dead At 39 - Nov. 25, 2008 

"Drummer Michael Lee passed away yesterday morning (Monday, November 24). Lee, best known for his work with ROBERT PLANT, LENNY KRAVITZ, THIN LIZZY, THE CULT and THE QUIREBOYS, was just 39 years old. Daniel Stanton of Coallier Entertainment, which has worked with THIN LIZZY in the past, said in a statement that was released to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "Michael was an amazing drummer and equally an amazing person. He will truly be missed. Our prayers go out to his family."

For more information on Michael Lee's work with Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, visit the Lemon Squeezings web site.

More information will be made available soon."

A vid of Michael behind the kit for The Cult at Pinkpop '92 can be viewed below:

Rest in peace Michael.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xORUCLvvjzQ

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #452 on: November 30, 2008, 03:23:17 PM »

More on Michael's passing:

Funeral services for British drummer Michael Lee will be held on Wednesday, December 3 at 10:45 a.m. at Darlington Crematorium in Darlington, England. All flowers and cards can be sent to:

John Meynell Funeral Service
150 North Road
Darlington
County Durham, DL1 2EJ
United Kingdom

Daniel Stanton of Coallier Entertainment, which has worked with THIN LIZZY in the past, said in a statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "The results of post mortem was a seizure, apparently the worst one he could have had.

"Michael passed away at his flat (home) in Darlington. He was found at his home by his friend and police on the floor beside his bed.

"Michael was out the night before [he died]. He said he wasn't feeling well and went home to rest it off. When he didn't answer his phone the next morning, a friend had the police enter his home.

"Michael will sadly be missed.

"I have received endless calls from fans, friends and family members surrounding Michael's death.

"The guys in THIN LIZZY are crushed, I have spoken to people in the Robert Plant camp who have also expressed the same. Spike from the London QUIREBOYS has been dedicating their shows each night to Michael. Dave Ling from Classic Rock magazine is said to be doing a feature on Michael Lee in an upcoming issue.

"We will all miss Michael. His boyish smile, his humor, his love and his talent, [but] most of all, we will miss his friendship.

"Michael died way too young. He shares his death with Freddie Mercury of QUEEN and drummer Eric Carr of KISS who also passed away on the same date.

"We love you, Michael. You are forever in our hearts and your music forever in our souls."

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #453 on: December 01, 2008, 06:54:40 AM »

Can't say I'm familiar with this guy, but 39 is way too young an age to die. RIP.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #454 on: December 04, 2008, 05:05:45 PM »

An article about Michael Lee and his funeral yesterday can be found here:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/3948610.Guitar_legend_at_funeral_of_drummer/

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #455 on: December 08, 2008, 02:12:05 PM »

ANTHRAX, MEGADETH, THE CULT Members To Take Part In 'Simon Phillips Retrospective' Concert - Dec. 8, 2008

Charlie Benante (ANTHRAX), Chris Broderick (MEGADETH, ex-NEVERMORE, JAG PANZER) and John Tempesta (THE CULT, ex-ROB ZOMBIE, EXODUS, TESTAMENT) are among the guest musicians who will take part in the 30th Anniversary Simon Phillips Retrospective concert, which will be held on Thursday, January 15, 2009 at the Anaheim Marriott Ballroom F in Anaheim, California. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. Show times are 8:00 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Like the NAMM musical instrument convention itself, the show is a "trade-only" event and not open to the public. A NAMM badge with ID will be required for entry.

The 30th Anniversary Simon Phillips Retrospective concert is a celebration of the 30th anniversary of Simon Phillips' endorsement of Tama drums and both the drummer and the drum company intend to celebrate in the proper fashion.

"To celebrate this historic milestone," said Terry Bissette of Tama, "we've created a 30th Anniversary Retrospective concert at the Anaheim NAMM convention on Thursday night, January 15, 2009. This event will include Simon and his band PROTOCOL featuring guitarist Andy Timmons, a special opening 'drum circle' including several special guests as well as a star-studded special guest-filled retrospective portion that will see Simon run through songs he has recorded and performed throughout his career."

Read more from Harmony Central.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=110404

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #456 on: December 08, 2008, 02:23:55 PM »

Andy Timmons?

Im sure that was Danger Dangers guitarist. Probably got confused though.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #457 on: December 10, 2008, 10:57:20 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98brAEwQECc&feature=related

Never seen that Cult video before, or really gave the song attention. Love it now i have.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #458 on: December 10, 2008, 01:49:15 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98brAEwQECc&feature=related

Never seen that Cult video before, or really gave the song attention. Love it now i have.

Ah yes, "Heart Of Soul" - the 2nd single off the Ceremony album.

Strange video, provocative imagery for sure (banned from MTV for the gun), crown of thorns and what looks to be a bull amongst other weirdness.

Signature Duffy tone throughout, love the short solo before the bridge.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #459 on: December 10, 2008, 02:59:58 PM »

duffys hair is very poofed up in that video isnt it haha. Its got that OOMPPH only products and hair dryers could create!

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 102 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: