Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:44:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A deeper look into Axl's comments
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A deeper look into Axl's comments  (Read 13402 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2006, 02:20:31 PM »

and thanks to mysteron!! ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2006, 02:21:09 PM »

Ok maybe I'm reading into this alittle to much but Slash speeks about Axl with great respect and Axl speeks about how great Slash is,, WOW!! What's going on?? and Izzy in the middle of it all! Say its a bit early and I fucken crazy but I really think these guys are on the way back to collaborating again.

Yes I'm gonna like the new music Axl gives us, cause its Axl, the guy is gifted but something else is lurking in the minds of of those guys?

Seriously with VR making the millions and GnR wether making music and touring or not still make millions in royalties, until People don't buy the GnR stuff anymore and VR isn't making money what is the point in a reunion before then. ?Look at Van Hagar. ?They rode that mule for every penny they could. ?

Simply put the old guns whether fueding or being friends will not work together until they stop making money individually.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2006, 02:31:50 PM »

I thought the same about the queen stuff, cause we all know that brian may work with axl with certain songs so I think the aproach with music should be a little like Queen, GREAT FUCKING NEWS INDEED  peace  Grin  Grin  Grin

No man can be my equal
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2006, 02:37:59 PM »

It would be a waste of time if there was truly no feeling to it, but if was up to Axl and Slash to get the Music industry back on track that would be earth shattering. Those two together are BANK$$ 

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2006, 04:55:06 PM »

32 songs.  13 for the final album. Maybe 2 albums and an EP? Undecided

Maybe they have some completely finished songs they're not working on. Cheesy

I thought of that also after I remembered the Sanctuary publishing deal

The deal covers both future material and catalogue. Rose's contribution to such hits as "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Paradise City" and "November Rain" are covered under the deal, as are dozens of new tracks Rose has recently recorded for Universal Music.

I don't consider 32 songs to be dozens... but who knows Roll Eyes

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1279
That's true....although generally dozens implies 20~100, I think.

Moreover, read this bit carefully
"After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album.

thirteen are slated for the final album- the word final is rather ambigous here.
First I read it as the last album not the first, as  tommy has talked about having checked the final mix of the songs for the first one (CD?) you know. I thought the above bit was mostly about the songs for the 2nd, third and so on till I saw Mysterons post.
I wonder what he actually said.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2006, 05:18:53 PM »

Ok maybe I'm reading into this alittle to much but Slash speeks about Axl with great respect and Axl speeks about how great Slash is,, WOW!! What's going on?? and Izzy in the middle of it all! Say its a bit early and I fucken crazy but I really think these guys are on the way back to collaborating again.

Yes I'm gonna like the new music Axl gives us, cause its Axl, the guy is gifted but something else is lurking in the minds of of those guys?

No....Axl said how great Slash "Was." Not is...WAS.

And if you want to look for deeper meaning in his words you just have to read the article backwards. Duh  Roll Eyes (I have to tell you guys everything). I actually tried, and the only thing I have come across, is that Axl said he also saw Steven about a monthy ago. Apparently he is still sucking cock for drugs.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2006, 05:24:02 PM »

And if you want to look for deeper meaning in his words you just have to read the article backwards. Duh? Roll Eyes (I have to tell you guys everything). I actually tried, and the only thing I have come across, is that Axl said he also saw Steven about a monthy ago. Apparently he is still sucking cock for drugs.

still?  Shocked

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2006, 05:34:12 PM »

Yes I'm gonna like the new music Axl gives us, cause its Axl, the guy is gifted but something else is lurking in the minds of of those guys 

And if you want to look for deeper meaning in his words you just have to read the article backwards. Duh  Roll Eyes (I have to tell you guys everything). I actually tried, and the only thing I have come across, is that Axl said he also saw Steven about a monthy ago. Apparently he is still sucking cock for drugs.

still?  Shocked
read his most recent interview hihi    the guy`s done...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2006, 07:03:11 PM »

And if you want to look for deeper meaning in his words you just have to read the article backwards. Duh? Roll Eyes (I have to tell you guys everything). I actually tried, and the only thing I have come across, is that Axl said he also saw Steven about a monthy ago. Apparently he is still sucking cock for drugs.

still?? Shocked

I think its time to study your GNR history.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2006, 07:52:04 PM »

Yeah, I read Steven's last interview and he is so fucked up!  He can't even talk.  And the things he does with his life now.  I hope atleast he is happy.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2006, 07:55:20 PM »

I used to work with Developmentally Disabled kids and seniors. Most of them are really happy. So there is a good chance Adler is too. He may not know any better but he might be happy.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2006, 08:07:39 PM »

I used to work with Developmentally Disabled kids and seniors. Most of them are really happy. So there is a good chance Adler is too. He may not know any better but he might be happy.

rofl rofl poor steven...keep waiting by the phone with your crack pipe for the guys to give you a ring buddy!

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2006, 05:47:27 AM »

[quote

"After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album.

thirteen are slated for the final album- the word final is rather ambigous here.
First I read it as the last album not the first, as? tommy has talked about having checked the final mix of the songs for the first one (CD?) you know. I thought the above bit was mostly about the songs for the 2nd, third and so on till I saw Mysterons post.
I wonder what he actually said.

He has no reason to be talkin about the next album yet. Final just means the final tracklist for the first album. There workin on 32, but only 13 will be on the album when its finally finished

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2006, 10:04:27 AM »

Thank you Mysteron.

Your posts always intrigue me.

You don't have to post here, you could basically say fuck those guys. Especially when some people give you a bad rap, and well when usually people bitch and bitch about stuff, but yeah its cool you post here, cause frankly if I was in your shoes I'd be uhh well they don't wanna take what I say well ya snooze ya lose, early bird gets the worm.

But yeah cool stuff Dude. Thanks for keeping us informed.

-- Jimmy

Fuck All Y'all
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2006, 10:08:10 AM »

I thought of that also after I remembered the Sanctuary publishing deal

The deal covers both future material and catalogue. Rose's contribution to such hits as "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Paradise City" and "November Rain" are covered under the deal, as are dozens of new tracks Rose has recently recorded for Universal Music.

I don't consider 32 songs to be dozens... but who knows Roll Eyes

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1279

2 dozen would be  24, so anything more than that could correctly be referred to as "dozens".  I agree, though, it's a good example of PR semantics.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2006, 10:15:44 AM »

He has no reason to be talkin about the next album yet. Final just means the final tracklist for the first album. There workin on 32, but only 13 will be on the album when its finally finished

Yeah, but when he says 32 songs, he's obviously talking about the next album as well there.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2006, 10:40:02 AM »

there are three options, lets walk them through:

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album."

A: They are working on 32 songs, 26 are nearly done. Of THOSE (the 26 nearly done songs) 13 will be on Chinese Democracy. That would mean that Chinese Democracy, the first album is around the corner! If 'nearly done' means mixing. But he waits till he finished the songs off the follow up in order to be able to release them both in a fast timetable + non-stop touring

B: They are working on 32 songs, 26 are nearly done. Of THOSE (the 32 songs, where 26 are nearly done) 13 will be on Chinese Democracy. That would mean we'd have to wait a little bit longer coz he'd have to pick from 32 songs where he isn't done yet with 6 or 7 seven songs.

C: The final album means not Chinese Democracy but the follow-up to Democracy. That would mean there will be more then 13 songs on CD but that option isn't likely me would think.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 10:42:42 AM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2006, 10:49:20 AM »

what this says to me is that chinese democracy isn't finished. cool about axl n izzy though!

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »

there are three options, lets walk them through:

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album."

A: They are working on 32 songs, 26 are nearly done. Of THOSE (the 26 nearly done songs) 13 will be on Chinese Democracy. That would mean that Chinese Democracy, the first album is around the corner! If 'nearly done' means mixing. But he waits till he finished the songs off the follow up in order to be able to release them both in a fast timetable + non-stop touring

B: They are working on 32 songs, 26 are nearly done. Of THOSE (the 32 songs, where 26 are nearly done) 13 will be on Chinese Democracy. That would mean we'd have to wait a little bit longer coz he'd have to pick from 32 songs where he isn't done yet with 6 or 7 seven songs.

C: The final album means not Chinese Democracy but the follow-up to Democracy. That would mean there will be more then 13 songs on CD but that option isn't likely me would think.

Thoughts?

When they are talking about the FINAL album they are talking about the first albumn CD.  They mean final as in the final setlist of songs to be included in/on that album.  They wouldn't be saving 13 songs off the bat for a future albumn, not even axl is that crazy.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2006, 11:16:25 AM »

I think it would be pretty presumtuous to talk about a hypothetical 2nd or 3rd album when the first one isn't even out yet.

I assumed he was talking about the follow-up album to TSI

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: