Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:17:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A deeper look into Axl's comments
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A deeper look into Axl's comments  (Read 13393 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2006, 10:42:39 AM »

what does axl mean by saying it sounds like queen, and people will say itdoesnt sound like axl or gnr?

He means that his new music isn't going to be like the old GNR.? There will be a few songs like old GNR, but for the most part, he's going a different direction.? A direction that has influences from Queen.

If people haven't figured out by now that the new material isn't gonna sound like old GN'R they have NOT been paying any attention to the band in the last decade.

But I am glad to hear "The Blues" is a favorite song of Axl's which most likely means it'll make the final cut. ?I can hardly wait to hear the studio version.

highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 10:52:57 AM »

what does axl mean by saying it sounds like queen, and people will say itdoesnt sound like axl or gnr?

Read the article:
http://www.talkaboutthemusic.com/group/alt.rock-n-roll.metal.gnr/messages/131797.html

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2006, 10:54:38 AM »

People will hear music means a single or a soundtrack song, it it was an album he wouldn't need to be so vague about it

Not necessarily.
like, if he hasn't decided to release either just an album or that plus something or if he's thinking about changing the title.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2006, 10:57:11 AM »

Ok maybe I'm reading into this alittle to much but Slash speeks about Axl with great respect and Axl speeks about how great Slash is,, WOW!! What's going on?? and Izzy in the middle of it all! Say its a bit early and I fucken crazy but I really think these guys are on the way back to collaborating again.

Yes I'm gonna like the new music Axl gives us, cause its Axl, the guy is gifted but something else is lurking in the minds of of those guys 

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2006, 11:47:58 AM »

Two albums are being recorded. CD and it's successor

no way really!!!!?Huh ....gee golly when Axl gives us the next press release maybe you can recycle what he says and tell us what the gnr camp are doing next..

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2006, 12:05:02 PM »

32 songs.  13 for the final album.  Maybe 2 albums and an EP? Undecided

shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2006, 12:29:27 PM »

I sort of know what your on about Luigi coz I found it odd that slash would say good things about axl and then axl (of all people) to come back with some complements back so close together? Would really like to know how Axl got onto the subject of slash in the first place- does anyone know?! Although I'm sure he gets pestered by people asking questions about slash all the time (vice versa) so maybe they just think say nice things and it will blow over quicker!
I Really can't see a full GnR reunion tho- massive shame coz the worlds crying out for a decent rock band right now to blow hip-hop out the water once and for all! Maybe a few songs between axl and slash could be in the pipeline with probably izzy in the distant future, a bit like when robert plant and jimmy page came back together after a long time and then went back on there own seperate ways? who nows, good to hear axl is well tho and taking up his favourite past-time... suing  Wink   
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2006, 12:44:08 PM »

My guess is that he's doing this so he can release the next record while on tour so they dont have to take a break from that.

And to whoever said it sounds like this is what he said 3 years ago-maybe Axl never changed his overall plan, but just kept tweaking the album after each 'outside disturbance' basically gave him an excuse to go back in the studio. as a release plan, i think it's very practical to have two or 3 albums worth of material ready to go if you plan on doing a large amount of touring....guess we'll find out.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2006, 01:20:06 PM »

Is that based on previous statements or something you got from management?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2006, 01:28:20 PM »

32 songs.  13 for the final album. Maybe 2 albums and an EP? Undecided

Maybe they have some completely finished songs they're not working on. Cheesy
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2006, 01:31:08 PM »

Management
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2006, 01:32:08 PM »

How about 2 albums of 13 songs a piece-with the remaining 6 being used as bonus tracks on non-US editions of the albums or as iTunes exclusive downloads? That seems to be how most artists do it-now that 'singles' are not really pressed anymore (particualry in the USA).

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2006, 01:35:43 PM »

Mysteron,
     Is the tentative plan(or is there one) to put the first album out when completed, start the tour, and then about a year into the tour put out the next album?
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2006, 01:38:30 PM »

32 songs.  13 for the final album. Maybe 2 albums and an EP? Undecided

Maybe they have some completely finished songs they're not working on. Cheesy

I thought of that also after I remembered the Sanctuary publishing deal

The deal covers both future material and catalogue. Rose's contribution to such hits as "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Paradise City" and "November Rain" are covered under the deal, as are dozens of new tracks Rose has recently recorded for Universal Music.

I don't consider 32 songs to be dozens... but who knows Roll Eyes

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1279

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2006, 01:42:01 PM »

Mysteron,
? ? ?Is the tentative plan(or is there one) to put the first album out when completed, start the tour, and then about a year into the tour put out the next album?

There's no plan as far as I know

I only asked the question because I thought 32 songs was quite alot to work on for only one album
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2006, 01:43:13 PM »

Good point.  I am sure the record company will just be happy when the finished product for the first album can be put out.
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2006, 02:02:24 PM »

Here's a theory: 13 is half of 26 OK, so maybe Axl said to the reporter that 26 are almost done and then said about half of those will be on the CD. Then the reporter took this literally and wrote 13. Becuase if you read it, the part about there being 13 slated for the final album isn't in speech marks. So maybe there are more or less 13 tracks on CD1.
And another thing: FUCK ALL THE LAWSUIT TALK. Slash isn't being nice so Axl will go easier on him in whatever lawsuit, dito Izzy, and Axl isnt saying nice things for that reason either. Your all forgetting that Axl showed up at the Cathouse in 2000 and played with Gilby - WHO JUST SUED HIM.
But i just have to say, fuckin hell Axl is talking to Izzy!!!!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2006, 02:06:50 PM »

Management

Solid piece of information there. Nice grab.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2006, 02:15:38 PM »

No offence - but Axl said that 4 years ago.....

And perhaps for all intensive purposes Axl and the band have have been working on CD abd it's successor since 4 years ago, and who knows how many of the songs of the total 32 are from even the mid to later 90's peace

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2006, 02:20:11 PM »

No offence - but Axl said that 4 years ago.....

well   axl actually said that he was working on three albums.   i wonder what happend since...?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: