Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:22:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A deeper look into Axl's comments
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A deeper look into Axl's comments  (Read 13395 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« on: January 18, 2006, 12:54:16 AM »

I wanted to seperate this from the other "soon to be 20 page" thread.? Your comments or questions just get lost.?

Let's all take a closer look at his comments and share thoughts.? There are two things that I find interesting about Axl's comments.?

1)? I have to think that the interviewer asked something along the lines like "what about Chinese Democracy"?? To this, Axl responded by saying that "people will hear music this year".? Now what the hell does that mean?? Is he just fucking with us?? I have to think that if Chinese Democracy was done, he would just say something like "yeah, it will be out this year".? By him saying that "people will hear music this year" implies that it could be a single, a song on a soundtrack, new music played live, Chinese Democracy, or a different album? Wink? (I will get back to that).? ?

2)? Secondly, Axl says "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," of those, thirteen are slated for the final album."? To me, this means that they are working on 32 songs, and out of those 32 songs, 13 will be on the "FINAL album".? So this could mean that Chinese Democracy is in fact done.? Maybe he has 3 albums worth of material and the first two albums are done?? He says that 13 songs are slated for the FINAL album.? This leaves 19 songs that might not even make it onto an album.

This leaves another question.? Maybe Chinese Democracy won't be the first album that comes out?? Huh?? Maybe that's why he said "people will hear music this year"? Maybe we will hear music alright, but from a different album.? ?

« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 01:03:16 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 12:59:28 AM »

1.) I think its essentially lawyerspeak. It doesn't confirm that the album will be out this year; however it does mean we will hear some new GnR music, perhaps a soundtrack song or a single before year's end.

2.) The final album probably just refers to the songs that make the final cut of the album.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 01:01:34 AM »

what does axl mean by saying it sounds like queen, and people will say itdoesnt sound like axl or gnr?

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 01:04:55 AM »

what does axl mean by saying it sounds like queen, and people will say itdoesnt sound like axl or gnr?

He means that his new music isn't going to be like the old GNR.  There will be a few songs like old GNR, but for the most part, he's going a different direction.  A direction that has influences from Queen.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 01:05:35 AM »

I think it means "fuck off mr rolling stone reporter dude , I'm chilling , you'll hear precious music this year man .. load it up on yer ipod fucker. No buzz off , me and munky are gunna go smoke a stogie."

Nah , lets sit around and pick it apart , word by word , maybe the release date is hidden within there somewhere.  ok

peace

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 01:07:56 AM »

I think it means "fuck off mr rolling stone reporter dude , I'm chilling , you'll hear precious music this year man .. load it up on yer ipod fucker. No buzz off , me and munky are gunna go smoke a stogie."

Nah , lets sit around and pick it apart , word by word , maybe the release date is hidden within there somewhere.? ok

peace

lol...do you have something else better to do?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 01:22:13 AM »

Nah , lets sit around and pick it apart , word by word , maybe the release date is hidden within there somewhere.  ok

peace

Well I do have an early rise tomorrow and it is getting late , but no , I'm good.

Let's keep looking deeper into axl's words!  ok

Let's see , he loves slash , so maybe that means he is gay. He spoke to Izzy so maybe that means Izzy will rejoin the band and play Bucketheads solo's and hand out toys. He's reading books so he hant forgotten how to read , thankfully .. so I guess thats a good thing. Ummm , lets see , he watches movies @ home so he probably owns a dvd player or a VCR too .... wonder what make and model though?

Man , theres so many many things we can dig into there if we just keep digging deep enough and stick it all under a microscope.

Let's do this thing man , I'm wth you.  peace

*just playing a bit my friend , no need to take it to heart*  Wink

SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 01:24:42 AM »

He means that some of it will sound like queen.

And some people will say that it does not sound like GnR.

More or less.
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 05:52:07 AM »

Nah , lets sit around and pick it apart , word by word , maybe the release date is hidden within there somewhere.? ok

peace

Well I do have an early rise tomorrow and it is getting late , but no , I'm good.

Let's keep looking deeper into axl's words!? ok

Let's see , he loves slash , so maybe that means he is gay. He spoke to Izzy so maybe that means Izzy will rejoin the band and play Bucketheads solo's and hand out toys. He's reading books so he hant forgotten how to read , thankfully .. so I guess thats a good thing. Ummm , lets see , he watches movies @ home so he probably owns a dvd player or a VCR too .... wonder what make and model though?

:hihi:Hilarious

Don't forget he still searches sometimes in that big garbage can, the internet...

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 06:43:52 AM »

His comments on still liking Slash - get the impression thats an attempt to make Slash soften his lawsuits??

Quick! To the bandwagon!
badapple81
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 06:46:14 AM »

Maybe.. I don't think so.. I just think after all these years and lawsuits he's more relaxed and just doesn't care for all the past crap anymore.. just my thoughts, could be way off the mark. I just think he seems to look so relaxed.. like he's happy to take his time.. doesn't feel the pressure from the fans and is doing it for him.. something he wants to do and how he wants.
godiva
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 07:55:24 AM »

I agree with GunnerDownUnder. I even thought Axl was more relaxed on the 2002 tour compared to himself in the nineties. I guess it's all part of growing up. He's a bit older now and doesn't seem as angry as he was anymore. A good thing, he may have found some peace of mind.  ok
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »

Two albums are being recorded. CD and it's successor
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 08:49:23 AM »

Cool revelation. Mysteron. I'd prefer though he made one album with the best songs though rather than what they did with Use Your Illusion. Although at least this means more songs. But Axl's comments that we will hear music this year kinda suggests neither album is gonna be released this year.

blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 09:09:51 AM »

Does he plan to release the 2nd one close to Chinese Democracy?

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
elmir
VIP

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 09:56:37 AM »

1)  I have to think that the interviewer asked something along the lines like "what about Chinese Democracy"?  To this, Axl responded by saying that "people will hear music this year".  Now what the hell does that mean? 

I think one song will be released for public consumption and opinion. Perhaps a soundtrack, but I reckon closer to the end of the year, when the release date gets announced, we should hear the first single.

2)  Secondly, Axl says "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," of those, thirteen are slated for the final album."  To me, this means that they are working on 32 songs, and out of those 32 songs, 13 will be on the "FINAL album".  So this could mean that Chinese Democracy is in fact done.  Maybe he has 3 albums worth of material and the first two albums are done?  He says that 13 songs are slated for the FINAL album.  This leaves 19 songs that might not even make it onto an album.

It has been said before that he was planning more than one release. We've heard 7 songs already, which means that there are 25 which we haven't heard. (he did say that 26 are nearly done though, which may mean that one of the 7 we've heard is being redone...IRS perhaps)

So if he uses the 7 existing ones already, he just needs to add 6 more, and bang...there's your album...but I think that it will be a carefully calculated variable of hits equally distributed across two albums.

This leaves another question.  Maybe Chinese Democracy won't be the first album that comes out?   Huh  Maybe that's why he said "people will hear music this year"  Maybe we will hear music alright, but from a different album. 

Personally speaking, I have a feeling that Chinese Democracy may not even be the name of the ablum...either the first or the second one....it's been around for too long now.

Then again, it is a perfect name to use, now that it does have a following already, and it doesn't even have any songs assigned to it.

It is a pretty unique situation he is in, you have to say.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 10:20:14 AM »

Axl's comments that we will hear music this year kinda suggests neither album is gonna be released this year.

Huh Why? I think by music he means new songs.

His comments on still liking Slash - get the impression thats an attempt to make Slash soften his lawsuits??
or both sides are behaving themselves for the lawsuits.

Plus like others said, polly he doesn't care much.
I really can't see him as the sort of person to (be able to) hold grudges for a thousand years as alleged.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 10:23:43 AM »

People will hear music means a single or a soundtrack song, it it was an album he wouldn't need to be so vague about it

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 10:38:13 AM »

I personally think he wants to get finished what he has started and get back with Izs Duf n Slash to create GNR 2 The Second Comming

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 10:40:39 AM »

No offence - but Axl said that 4 years ago.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: