Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:18:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  It sucks that there will be people who will bash this album no matter what.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: It sucks that there will be people who will bash this album no matter what.  (Read 4435 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: January 18, 2006, 12:21:10 AM »

I find this sad but the world we live in today is filled with so many people who are so cynical and are unable to enjoy or like anything.

Im really gonna find it sad for people who have waited this long and will ultimately shit on the album regardless of how great it is.

I can see the threads and posts now and it makes me sad to know that some people on here are probably not even gonna give the CD a chance before they bash it.

Do me a favor....

Dont expect Appetite, Dont expect UYI's, Don't compare it to anything, Just listen to it for what it is and allow yourself to be entertained.

If u truly dont like it, Fine, I can live with that, but at least give it the fair chance it deserves before being critical.

this album is gonna be a complex record.

that means it wont be easily digestible, its not gonna be candy hooky pop shit and albums like this take time to digest and hear properly.

So it may take 4 or 5 listens all the way through to fully hear this properly.

So please, give it the proper listening before judgement.

thank u

/Chris Pittman's wardrobe stylist

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 01:00:20 AM »

thats the problem coz most fans are gonna be expecting/compearing this to appetite coz its still called guns n roses.everybody,like you said,needs to not expect anything like old gnr and to really listen to it for a couple of days,then if it doesnt grow on ye,dont listen to it.but im sure no matter what,there will always be a select bunch of nerds who dont give the album a chance.?

/robins hairdresser

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 01:02:56 AM »

*yawn*

Obviously there will be people who say it suck , no matter what. And obviously someone will make this same thread again , for the million time.  ok

So please people , dont bash this thread the next time it's made , although it sucks that someone will.  peace

SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 01:20:53 AM »

It is all relative really.

badapple81
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 02:44:37 AM »

Well Axl commented to RS that there will be a few songs they will like, which I guess says to me that the average old school rock fan would like those too. Basically I think there will be something for everyone.
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 02:58:14 AM »

I find this sad but the world we live in today is filled with so many people who are so cynical and are unable to enjoy or like anything.

Im really gonna find it sad for people who have waited this long and will ultimately shit on the album regardless of how great it is.

I can see the threads and posts now and it makes me sad to know that some people on here are probably not even gonna give the CD a chance before they bash it.

D, you exactly posted what I was thinking.
Even if the album is REALLY GOOD, I mean something like U2 - The Joshua Tree, Pink Floyd - DSOTM or Led Zeppelin - IV, some people bash Axl for the album not being better, cause it has taken a decade. PF recorded DSOTM in like (I don't know) 2 years so if Chinese Democracy took 10 years to record it has to be 5 times better than DSOTM...

I know this is a stupid argumentation but some people will do this kind of math once CD is released.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 03:04:13 AM »

the most a real fan can hope for is an honest, unbiased, balanced critique.

Praising it if it's no good is emperor new clothes stuff

I agree, it will be a challenging album that will likely reveal it's charms slowly

but in saying that, if it's a turkey, i'll be calling it a turkey - and if its brilliant, i'll be elated

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Chief
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 03:05:38 AM »

its too bad for them if they bash it without truly taking the time to listen, etc...
i don't care about them though, i just hope that the band is happy with what they put out and i'm sure we will be as well.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 03:07:43 AM »

Who is bashing Huh

Chief
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 03:18:55 AM »

we are just talking about the inevitable bashing by some people and critics...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 05:00:09 AM »

I've said this a million times , some critics have had their reviews written for years , and you KNOW they aint pretty.

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 05:17:57 AM »

Axl haters of course will bash the album, even if it's modern music's new masterpiece. It's just the way the world works.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 07:06:07 AM »

Dude they can say it sucks if they want who gives a fuck. It wont stop me any of you from getting it going to see a concert and listening to cd 1000x over again. They can only say it sucks if they hear every song and listen to i not just say it sucks for fun.
anythinggoes
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 07:20:41 AM »

at the other end of the scale where will be people that will love it whatever it sounds like unfortuantly ill be one as i aint waited 12+ years for me to think its shit  confused
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 07:41:13 AM »

D, that was one of the best posts I've seen here in awhile. I actually agree and disagree with what you said. From thh fanbase point of view, you are absolutely correct. There will be a certain percentage of people who will hate it regardless of whats on the album, and there is probably a couple people here who will insult the material even before they hear it. You're right, people will probably need to listen to it a few times before making a final judgement. We're probably gonna be shocked when we hear what made it on the record. This is pure speculation, but I could easily see this record going in a Simply Red/The Cure direction. Whatever he does, it might take awhile to sink in.

From the media point of view, I disagree with you and several others in this thread. As I've said many times before, the media conspiracy against Axl never existed. It was a figment of his imagination, and that imagination mindmelded with a certain percentage of the people here. The media will welcome with open arms the release of this album, and it will be fairly judged. If Axl truly has made a very different and more mature record than his previous efforts, CD might be praised by the media even more than the praise from his fanbase. ok

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 08:48:55 AM »

I think a lot depends on how this does financially...whether people like it or hate it, well that's a personal thing...speculation on what it sounds like, what direction, yadda, yadda, yadda is the same cycle that everyone went through when they were performing those 5 "new" songs 4 years ago...Axl doesn't doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks, including the original fan base of the old GNR and the Axl lovers who choose to defend him on every turn...the record company is going to b looking at $$$$$$ - nothing personal, it's just business...it will be interesting to see if the record makes the predicted "you'll hear it this year" no need to get your panties in a bunch just yet though, talk is cheap remember
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 09:41:40 AM »

it's been like that with pretty much every record that's ever been released.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 09:53:04 AM »

i think its sadder that this is coming from the people that never gave contraband a chance
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 09:56:38 AM »

i think its sadder that this is coming from the people that never gave contraband a chance
I bought Contraband. Gave it a chance. It sucked.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 10:00:53 AM »

I bought Contraband. Gave it a chance. It sucked.

I never bought it but listened to it like 10 times online when it was availible prerelease, and I wnated to like it but it never held my attention.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: