Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:16:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  korn or good charlotte as opening acts? What the hell
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: korn or good charlotte as opening acts? What the hell  (Read 6822 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: January 15, 2006, 05:41:16 AM »

What's the chances of this happening..? Not something I want but hey you never know..  Who is axl friendly with that he went to the tour launch party? he doesn't seem like the typre to just go out to these types of events otherwise tons of pics would be around
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 06:19:32 AM »

I wouldn't mind Korn they got some headbanger stuff written...good charlotte, that's another story...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 06:20:40 AM »

Not Korn, please not Korn. I don't want to be surrounded by metal-heads at a GN'R show because Axl chooses a nu-metal or a heavy-metal band to open. I want a Rock show, not a heavy metal one.
I wouldn't mind if it was Good Charlotte. But a ROCK band like Jet or The Darkness, or the White Stripes, or The Strokes, The Killers or Oasis (the ultimate dream) would be perfect.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 06:23:33 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 06:30:55 AM »

Not Korn, please not Korn. I don't want to be surrounded by metal-heads at a GN'R show because Axl chooses a nu-metal or a heavy-metal band to open. I want a Rock show, not a heavy metal one.
I wouldn't mind if it was Good Charlotte. But a ROCK band like Jet or The Darkness, or the White Stripes, or The Strokes, The Killers or Oasis (the ultimate dream) would be perfect.

Korn is not heavy metal, it's even no metal at all.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 06:43:23 AM »

he doesn't seem like the typre to just go out to these types of events otherwise
I agree. It seems like he's up to something. As you and I have both stated before, you just dont go from being in a cave to a surge of activity overnight, or for no reason. I'm not saying it means we're getting CD either, although its possible.. Maybe Korn was doing something in the studio, and Axl was involved. Or he's going to join them on stage in the near future. Several different possibilities. Something's in the air, but we just dont know what it is yet. As far as one of these bands opening for GNR, it really doesnt matter to me. But if Axl wants new fans and a younger crowd, he's gonna have to let some newer band open for him. Regardless of whether we like it or not. ok

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 06:46:29 AM »

I still stand by my instincts and think if any new band was goin to open for GNR it would be Avenged Sevenfold. I been reading tons of articles and all they do is always praise Axl and GNR. Even in one of those new picks M Shadows the lead singer is right next to him , along with guys from Good Charlotte.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 06:48:56 AM »

he doesn't seem like the typre to just go out to these types of events otherwise
I agree. It seems like he's up to something. As you and I have both stated before, you just dont go from being in a cave to a surge of activity overnight, or for no reason. I'm not saying it means we're getting CD either, although its possible.. Maybe Korn was doing something in the studio, and Axl was involved. Or he's going to join them on stage in the near future. Several different possibilities. Something's in the air, but we just dont know what it is yet. As far as one of these bands opening for GNR, it really doesnt matter to me. But if Axl wants new fans and a younger crowd, he's gonna have to let some newer band open for him. Regardless of whether we like it or not. ok

To me a band like Korn opening for new gnr is stupid simply because they can sell out the shows without gnr then you have to hang with dicks who like korn as well.. I rather him use a good rock band that is lesser known so the arena is filled with mostly gnr fans,..

I hope this is a step in the right direction.. WHy he went could have just been for a night out, interest in the band a favor or just getting his feet wet again in public..
Megaguns
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 07:08:11 AM »

There were more bands at that thing than Good charlotte and korn, He may want puddle of mud to open. Who fukin knows? All i know is that they are the two band that photos were taken of him with. Im sure he talked to more ppl than just the two bands.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 07:16:13 AM »

Papa Roach was also at the party and Axl seems to like those guys, since in RIR3 he asked to put this band to play in the same night (it would be Blink 182, I guess, but Axl said he would only play if Papa Roach was there instead).

I dunno if this band would open for Gn'R, but I think its not far from the CKY kind of sound... Or am I wrong? I don't remember too well...

Axl likes Weezer too, but I don't really think it would be a nice move. I love Weezer, but it's not the same audience at all.

I rather him use a good rock band that is lesser known so the arena is filled with mostly gnr fans,..
Amen to that! ok

parisrocks
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 09:37:38 AM »

Good Charlotte make terrible pop music.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 09:45:59 AM »

Avenged 7Fold would make a great opening act.

Highly under-rated, and a tour with Axl and his gang should give them the exposure they deserve.

Add to that the fact they wear GN'R shirts in photoshoots and hail Guns as big influences on them, it could be a match made in heaven. peace

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 10:27:02 AM »

Oasis and GNR? Never a chance in hell. Oasis would bore the GNR crowd silly, and they wouldn't even agree to not headlining.
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 10:33:50 AM »

agree with you....Audioslave would be perfect to open for GNR ok
fartinabag
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 11:46:10 AM »

Good Charlotte makes Bubble Gum music.  No Chance in hell.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 11:58:32 AM »

I wouldn't mind Korn they got some headbanger stuff written...good charlotte, that's another story...
If the another story happened, I'd go late as usual. hihi

What's the chances of this happening..?

I'd say "outside" to "fat". IMO he'd prefer fresh bands to do that.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 12:04:26 PM »

agree with you....Audioslave would be perfect to open for GNR ok
yes Audioslave is a good band. Chris Cornell is an awesome singer. I like a lot their last single.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Evolution
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2006, 12:05:44 PM »

I dunno if this band would open for Gn'R, but I think its not far from the CKY kind of sound... Or am I wrong? I don't remember too well...

CKY again plus another band starting to gain popularity in America in Kasabian would be my dream bill.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2006, 12:33:54 PM »

Kasabian would be my dream bill.
In that case, I can't be late.  drool
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2006, 12:53:38 PM »

Oasis and GNR? Never a chance in hell. Oasis would bore the GNR crowd silly, and they wouldn't even agree to not headlining.

Well, they did the Brotherly Love tour with the Black Crowes in the US, and they didn't mind opening.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 01:20:31 PM »

I don't think either will open for GN'R. He just decided to go for a party, that's all.  peace

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: