Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:32:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New photos confirm Da Vinci Code Rumor?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New photos confirm Da Vinci Code Rumor?  (Read 13771 times)
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 07:59:10 PM »

Axl's looking old, he needs to lose that goatee. I love that dude to fuckin death but hes got that "Hetfield with dreadlocks thing goin on.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 08:02:56 PM »

Axl's looking old, he needs to lose that goatee. I love that dude to fuckin death but hes got that "Hetfield with dreadlocks thing goin on.? peace

What, you want him to get some work done to look "younger"?  He can wear a fuckin ballarina outfit for all I care.  He's showing his face again.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2006, 08:12:15 PM »

chinese democrcy starts now beer
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 08:45:26 PM »

Very intresting. I have very high hopes for the first half of '06.

gnrevolution.com
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2006, 02:06:47 PM »

Well, IRS may have something to do with Da Vinci Code. Firstly, the DCPJ are in the movie/book which is the French equivalent to the FBI "Gonna call, the FBI" as for the the Private Eye, well, Remy Leguladec (i think thats the name) could be a private eye for Opus Dei.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2006, 02:49:47 PM »

Soundtracks dont matter.

U can cross over labels, especially for something as big as that movie cause it would only mean bigger sales for CD.

They do, actually.

Scarily on topic, Jonathan Davies did the soundtrack for Queen of the Damned, but he wasn't allowed to sing on it because he was under contract with a different record company. So all the songs were done by Marilyn Manson, Chester Bennington and the like...

I think that's right, but it was a long time ago...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2006, 02:58:01 PM »

Scarily on topic, Jonathan Davies did the soundtrack for Queen of the Damned, but he wasn't allowed to sing on it because he was under contract with a different record company. So all the songs were done by Marilyn Manson, Chester Bennington and the like...

I think there are exceptions. It all depends on the artist's contract obligations, and probably has even more to do with the ass kissing factor than that. If both parties benefit then they would do it. Anyways, i used to work at Sony Disc Manufafacturing and they had a GnR plaque on one of the walls... so Sony is or was involved with them in some way... even if it was just the disc manufacturing process.

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2006, 03:03:40 PM »

i could see some slow epic type song (madagascar?) on da vinci code

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
darkstar_legend
Opening Act

I am a dog.

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2006, 03:05:44 PM »

What happens if the film flops? A Guns song as a soundtrack to da Vinci Code means nothing.
Piggy-backing off the success (possibly) of the film might get some quick short term returns in terms of sales...
But doesn't an official soundtrack album succeed the release of the film?
The only thing that will determine CD's success is the quality of it's songs.
That's yet to be seen...unfortunately. nervous

L S N S L X
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2006, 03:12:50 PM »

How do you mean by succeed? If you mean follow, then no.

Classic example?

One of the songs on The Phantom Menace Soundtrack was something along the lines of 'Qui Qon's funeral', which pissed off various groups to no end.  Grin

So, just so you know, the soundtrack is released before the film.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 01:24:46 PM »

Just a bit of news from the film trades that "Da Vinci" will open Cannes in May. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001882948

Nope-still no word on the soundtrack and whether GNR will be on it.

Vitruvian Man Starts Now!

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 08:18:39 PM »

What happens if the film flops? A Guns song as a soundtrack to da Vinci Code means nothing.
Piggy-backing off the success (possibly) of the film might get some quick short term returns in terms of sales...

Sorry Darkstar_legend...there is no way in holy hell that The Davinci Code will flop.  It is a book that was on the NY Times Best-Seller list forever!  It stars Tom Hanks.  I've said it before, I'll say it again, Axl should pay them to have a song on this soundtrack.   Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2006, 02:23:11 AM »

couldnt be any worse then omg on the end of days soundtrack

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2006, 02:26:10 AM »

Out of curiousity.. when would the soundtrack most likely be announced? The soundtrack should be announced "X" days before the movie is released.. whens your guess?

gnrevolution.com
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2006, 02:28:55 AM »

Out of curiousity.. when would the soundtrack most likely be announced? The soundtrack should be announced "X" days before the movie is released.. whens your guess?

Well end of days had mentioned a month or so before the movie.. NEW MUSIC BY GNR!!!! SOmething of this magnitude I would say (plus a big gnr track) a few months before... Especially if it was going to be a single...  You could hide the rumours swarming... Someone wether axl or his camp would have to step up and say yes it's happening..
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2006, 04:35:53 AM »

Well end of days had mentioned a month or so before the movie.. NEW MUSIC BY GNR!!!! SOmething of this magnitude I would say (plus a big gnr track) a few months before... Especially if it was going to be a single...? You could hide the rumours swarming... Someone wether axl or his camp would have to step up and say yes it's happening..

well its just been announced that the movie is to premier at Cannes in May so surely the soundtrack has been finalised by now?

I think this rumour is nothing more than a rumour - we'd have heard something more concrete by now if it was legitimate

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2006, 06:22:55 PM »

in britian we have a weekly magazine called ZOO and in it is the top 10 facts about the forthcoming film THE DAVINCI CODE.at number 10 it says "the soundtrack is thought to include a new guns n roses song-their first in seven years.
just thought id share that with you

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2006, 06:32:10 PM »

Well end of days had mentioned a month or so before the movie.. NEW MUSIC BY GNR!!!! SOmething of this magnitude I would say (plus a big gnr track) a few months before... Especially if it was going to be a single...? You could hide the rumours swarming... Someone wether axl or his camp would have to step up and say yes it's happening..

I feel the same way.... When vr did set me free and come on come in I read about it  abit before the movie was near do..
well its just been announced that the movie is to premier at Cannes in May so surely the soundtrack has been finalised by now?

I think this rumour is nothing more than a rumour - we'd have heard something more concrete by now if it was legitimate
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 07:32:04 PM »

Not really; the soundtrack is pretty much the last thing that gets locked down on a movie - and I'm talking about the music you hear while the film's playing. Peter Jackson swapped composers for the backing music on King Kong a couple of months before the film came out.

The 'music from and inspired by' stuff, the actual songs by bands that (sometimes) play over the end credits and appear on the CD... well, they're really just promotional material, and as such, can be left until very late in the day before they're locked down. That VR song in Fantastic 4? That was probably noted in the script and in the composer's notes as 'generic rock track' right up until a deal was finalised.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2006, 04:02:16 AM »

well a rumour has to come from somewhere, so if axl was doing a song he would have had it done already or just about... There would be no need to hold this news back.. Metal n rock mags would simply say new gnr are going to contribute song to da vinci code..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: