Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 10:51:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AREA 54 Record Cover Of Unreleased GUNS N' ROSES Track 'Madagascar'
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: AREA 54 Record Cover Of Unreleased GUNS N' ROSES Track 'Madagascar'  (Read 7007 times)
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2005, 02:40:48 PM »

Next thing ya know, Chinese Democracy album wil be fully covered by anotha band b4 GN'R release their version

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2005, 02:42:40 PM »

Yet another thing to "delay" Chinese Democracy another five years.

Dust N Rose
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2005, 03:32:12 PM »

exaggerated
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2005, 03:52:31 PM »

Has something like this ever happened before, or is this a case for the Guiness Book Of World Records?? ?Shocked

Anyway, I think it's fuckin' great.? ?Grin

The guy from the band sounds cool, I mean they went to the Leeds show (or played there themself?) and they liked GN'R and the new song so much that they decided to cover it - nothing wrong with that!?

I haven't heard the cover, but generally, this only means free PR and even more GN'R fans!? Cheesy

C'mon Axl, this must send chills down your spine, doesn't it?? ?Wink? Respect!? ?ok?

I dont agree Conny, this isnt respect or covering, this is blatant thievery.

Axl should sue them immediately

A song that hasnt been released yet cannot be covered since their isnt technically an orginal version even out.

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth and pisses me off that some Stupid fucked up no talent pieces of shit would try and steal a song

cause essentially this is what they are doing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2005, 03:55:56 PM »

exaggerated

You gotta be kidding me...

Dust N Rose
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2005, 04:08:23 PM »

exaggerated

Yeah,  Grin you should say 10 years!
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2005, 04:10:11 PM »

exaggerated

Yeah,? Grin you should say 10 years!

LOL - I guess I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt - no matter how ridiculous it seems at this point.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2005, 04:16:04 PM »

Jimi Hendrix performed Sgt. Pepper before the Beatles released it.

The story goes they were all hanging out, and they played the album for Jimi. Hendrix went home and that night learned the entire song, and performed it at his concert the very next day. Flipped the Beatles right the fuck out. They laughed about it, but still.

Figured this was an appropriate story.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2005, 04:22:36 PM »

A song that hasnt been released yet cannot be covered since their isnt technically an orginal version even out.

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth and pisses me off that some Stupid fucked up no talent pieces of shit would try and steal a song

Are you serious?
How do you know they are um.. to quote; "Stupid fucked up no talent pieces of shit"?  They could be the next hot thing for all you know.

It's not stealing, it's showing that they like the song enough to attempt their own version to it.

And of course they can cover it if there isn't a released recording of the original, they're still creating their own interpretation of a track by another artist, therefore covering it.
Not stealing, stealing would be, for instance; Axl playing it to them, it never being heard by anyone but them, then they in turn going into the studio and exactly recreating it. That's stealing.

conny
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2005, 04:28:28 PM »

D, c'mon it's not like these guys stole a demo from Axl's bedroom. He has performed the song several times himself, even on MTV, so it has premiered already. As far as I know, the RIR 3 show was officially released in Brazil, so the song could even be considered "released".

I think what these guys are doing is way cooler than what The Offspring came up with some time ago.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2005, 04:52:14 PM »

clearly a publicity stunt for this unknown band

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2005, 05:15:26 PM »

That's so GN'R Grin Song ain't out there yet, but already covered rofl

I know a red hair singer who's gonna get mad again peace

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2005, 07:48:11 PM »

They recorded a demo in the studio, but are Area 54 planning to release their own version of Madagascar?
can we hear it?

I don't think they are planning on releasing it, it was more or less a personal recording. If a band has a decent enough recording contract they will usually go into a professional studio with their producer and record songs that they could potentially be on the final album. The producer will take those tapes and listen to them and help the band by suggesting changes, ideas for arrangements, harmonies, etc. The stuff that a producer does. I remember hearing a bunch of studio demos that Ozzy did during the No More Tears sessions and they sound as good as the final album. Maybe a little more raw sounding, as they are quick run throughs, but they sound pretty good.

What probably happened is that Area 54 was demoing tracks and just did it for laugh while the engineer was getting levels or something. I doubt we'll ever hear it, and it is most likely nowhere near the level of symphonic the GnR version must be.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »

Like I said before, I think it's a great testiment to the song but still in all, what if they play it infront of people that don't even know it's a GNR song, these people might think it's theirs, inturn getting all the credit for it.   I guess, I'd rather see Axl releasing the studio version before bands decide to cover it during their sound checks or their shows.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2005, 08:08:35 PM »

If it gets officially released they`ll have more lawyers from Axl at their door than flies on shit.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2005, 09:30:56 PM »

Sounds like a joke from a band looking for a little attention. This will go about as far as Offspring's stunt did.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2005, 09:44:46 PM »

Are you serious?
How do you know they are um.. to quote; "Stupid fucked up no talent pieces of shit"?? They could be the next hot thing for all you know.

It's not stealing, it's showing that they like the song enough to attempt their own version to it.

And of course they can cover it if there isn't a released recording of the original, they're still creating their own interpretation of a track by another artist, therefore covering it.
Not stealing, stealing would be, for instance; Axl playing it to them, it never being heard by anyone but them, then they in turn going into the studio and exactly recreating it. That's stealing.

Are u truly a GNR fan?

Being a mod I would assume u are

so in saying that, how can u support that?

If they record their own version of Madagascar and put it on a record and release it as a single or people hear it, that is stealing.

A cover song is when something has been released by an artist already on an album and someone down the road records a version.

Axl has not released this song, so if a band releases it before he does, that is stealing cause people will think they wrote it and it will destroy any chance Axl has at releasing it as a single.

RULE NUMBER 1

Art means something to me, I know some of u on here look at music as entertainment only but its not entertainment only, that song is Axl's soul and emotions and for some band to rip that off is fucked up and sad and wrong and I dont know what else.

People who go about stuff like this are shitty untalented people cause a TRUE artist would never do something like this, cause a TRUE artist respects that a song is a piece of another ones soul and wouldnt dream of doing this.

I really cant understand any of you on here defending this and I am disappointed by all of u who think this is COOL when it is far from COOL.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2005, 09:57:27 PM »

Are u truly a GNR fan?

Being a mod I would assume u are

so in saying that, how can u support that?

If they record their own version of Madagascar and put it on a record and release it as a single or people hear it, that is stealing.

A cover song is when something has been released by an artist already on an album and someone down the road records a version.

Axl has not released this song, so if a band releases it before he does, that is stealing cause people will think they wrote it and it will destroy any chance Axl has at releasing it as a single.

RULE NUMBER 1

Art means something to me, I know some of u on here look at music as entertainment only but its not entertainment only, that song is Axl's soul and emotions and for some band to rip that off is fucked up and sad and wrong and I dont know what else.

People who go about stuff like this are shitty untalented people cause a TRUE artist would never do something like this, cause a TRUE artist respects that a song is a piece of another ones soul and wouldnt dream of doing this.

I really cant understand any of you on here defending this and I am disappointed by all of u who think this is COOL when it is far from COOL.

1.  You are assuming that they are going to release it.

2.  They aren't claiming to have written the song, they fully admit it is a cover version (and that it was recorded because they liked the song).

How is that "stealing"?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2005, 10:01:06 PM »

If they do it for their own amusement thats fine

if they release it on a CD that is stealing cause Axl hasnt released it yet and would not give them permission to do so.

So if they just play it and fuck around thats fine but if they plan on makin any kind of commercial gain from it, that isnt right.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2005, 10:19:06 PM »

Reaching for the salt.........
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: