Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:23:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  ROCKER SORUM'S LOST COCAINE DAYS
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ROCKER SORUM'S LOST COCAINE DAYS  (Read 5125 times)
badapple81
« on: January 13, 2006, 09:22:19 PM »

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/rocker%20sorums%20lost%20cocaine%20days

Rocker MATT SORUM lost two days of his life while he was touring with GUNS N' ROSES after he was driven into the Venezuelan jungle in search of cocaine.

The VELVET REVOLVER drummer got into a taxi cab in Caracas after one show and asked the driver to take him to a place where he could pick up great drugs.

He recalls, "We're on this dirt road going through the jungle... I hear monkeys and jungle sounds. We drive for 20 minutes on this crazy dirt road, and I'm like, `Amigo, where are we going?'

"Finally, we pull up in front of a shack made out of tin and sheets of plywood, and he blinks his lights 10 times. I gave him the money... a guy came out and threw 10 grams in straws. Then the guy handed me two bottles of pure Venezuelan rum.

"Two days later the tour manager found me on the balcony of my hotel with the bottles of rum and all these empty straws and said, `We have a show, Matt.'

"He put me in the shower and then put my clothes on, got me up and pushed me onstage."

14/01/2006 01:23
SumoWrestlerOfBeer
Opening Act

Bow to the conductor, bitch.

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 11:12:54 PM »

I freaking love Sorum and have hung out with him a couple times, but I don't know why he talks about his history of drug use in this grandiose way, as if it's a kind of entitlement to have been addicted to cocaine. FYI, Matt: 14-year-old girls might think it's glamourous to have had a drug problem, but unless you're going to talk about it in an activist way to help those who also suffer to get clean, we don't particularly care. The mere fact that you were a rock drummer for a significant amount of your life basically implies narcotic misadventures.

Why don't you just...fuck off.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 04:22:05 AM »

I dunno i think it'd be kinda cool to go in the jungle to score some coke. Thats definetly the type of adventure druggies love.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 06:25:38 AM »

I freaking love Sorum and have hung out with him a couple times, but I don't know why he talks about his history of drug use in this grandiose way, as if it's a kind of entitlement to have been addicted to cocaine. FYI, Matt: 14-year-old girls might think it's glamourous to have had a drug problem, but unless you're going to talk about it in an activist way to help those who also suffer to get clean, we don't particularly care. The mere fact that you were a rock drummer for a significant amount of your life basically implies narcotic misadventures.

some people like drugs.
he has no obligation to speak of drugs in a negative way.
besides that 14 year old routine is pretty stupid. cuz if a younger fan would try out drugs cuz of his favorite band has or is doing them... something tells me that fan would've tried out drugs either way. u don't need a rock star to tell what everyone tells you. there's a good a bad side to every drug. some ppl just decide to take a chance. and that's they're option.
linking that to matt is a big strech IMO.

Chinese Democracy!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 07:03:07 AM »

That is fucking hilarious.. That should be one of those metal moments ... In search of coke through the jungle... You know where you are, you in the jungle, time to buy some coke hihi
Megaguns
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 07:27:40 AM »

Welcome to the jungle
we got all you need
drugs comin out of our assholes
and all the amphetamines yu need
in the jungle
welcome to the jungle
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 11:39:35 AM »

Another Sorum drug story?  I think Sorum feels the need to constantly gloat about doing drugs and banging groupies to convince people he was really part of Guns N Roses.  none of the other guys ever needed to brag about such things, they just had the rep simply because they were GNR.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 12:00:29 PM »

Another Sorum drug story?  I think Sorum feels the need to constantly gloat about doing drugs and banging groupies to convince people he was really part of Guns N Roses.  none of the other guys ever needed to brag about such things, they just had the rep simply because they were GNR.

Bingo!
SumoWrestlerOfBeer
Opening Act

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

Another Sorum drug story?? I think Sorum feels the need to constantly gloat about doing drugs and banging groupies to convince people he was really part of Guns N Roses.? none of the other guys ever needed to brag about such things, they just had the rep simply because they were GNR.

Bingo!

Exactly what I said, too. I think that because he wasn't in the original lineup (and hell, he didn't really get significant video play until the band was almost done), he is always trying to remind people, "Hey, look at me! I was in Guns n' Roses! It was wild! I did lots and lots of drugs!" It's like--okay, enough already. We get it.

GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 01:15:31 PM »

Why do you guys get on the guy as soon as he gives you some story from the past during the time when there ain't too much going on!? Huh
What makes you feel he has complex for not being in the original line up?
Damn,  he debuted in front of 280.000 in two days!!
He played drums on Illusion I and II + TSI.
To shut down the dumb comments about the videos...  He was there from YCBM on.
Afterall,  do you think a guy who was a member of one of the biggest tours in history of the music bizz.  cares how much he is in the spotlight of the media or that he pulls journalist by the sleeeves to write about him.
C'mon,  don't be ridiculous!
That is as funny as the comment about kids using drugs if the rock stars us it.
What do you want him to tell you about the tours?
He can't tell you about throwing chairs at the journalist,  pissing down on journalists from his hotel room or stomping on his fan who paid 100$ ticket to see him just cause he adores him, because he didn't do that.
He can't tell you about buildings in different countries or airports in different cities cause you would call him boring.
What do you want him to do?
Get a life and enjoy thoose stories while someone recaps them.   It is r'n'r are not Barbie and Ken biography.   
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 07:02:51 AM »

Another Sorum drug story?? I think Sorum feels the need to constantly gloat about doing drugs and banging groupies to convince people he was really part of Guns N Roses.? none of the other guys ever needed to brag about such things, they just had the rep simply because they were GNR.

Bingo!

Exactly what I said, too. I think that because he wasn't in the original lineup (and hell, he didn't really get significant video play until the band was almost done), he is always trying to remind people, "Hey, look at me! I was in Guns n' Roses! It was wild! I did lots and lots of drugs!" It's like--okay, enough already. We get it.

I think he have been in more videos then Steven. YCBM, NR, DC, Garden, Garden of Eden,Live and let die, Dead horse, Yesterdays, Since I dont have you, Estranged, The Tokyo show videos, Paris pay per view show, Freddy Mercury tribute shows, are among the songs and concerts that have been showed on TV and on DVD's a lot, please fill in if I've forgotten something...

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
SumoWrestlerOfBeer
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 12:20:49 PM »

Bingo!

I think he have been in more videos then Steven. YCBM, NR, DC, Garden, Garden of Eden,Live and let die, Dead horse, Yesterdays, Since I dont have you, Estranged, The Tokyo show videos, Paris pay per view show, Freddy Mercury tribute shows, are among the songs and concerts that have been showed on TV and on DVD's a lot, please fill in if I've forgotten something...

That's why I said "significant". I had just watched the "Making of Estranged" before I wrote that, Matt himself says that the video shoot for "Estranged" is the first one he really cared to show up to, because he had an actual "role" (the heliocopter) as opposed to other Gn'R vids where there are a couple short clips of him playing drums, and not much else, whereas Duff, Axl, and Slash get most of the "big" roles (i.e.--Slash driving off the cliff, Duff walking down the stairs and having the chick throw the bottle at him in "Don't Cry", all the wedding scene stuff in "November Rain". That's what I meant by "significant".

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 07:53:08 PM »

Who gives a shit if Matt likes to talk about his past.... I personally think the guy is a nerd but what do you care if he talks about past experiences.. It's a pretty fucked , cool and very Rock N' Roll story if you ask me...

badapple81
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 07:18:13 AM »

Who even knows if it's real or horribly exagerated.. the crap that comes out of his mouth.
SumoWrestlerOfBeer
Opening Act

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 09:35:47 AM »

It's a pretty fucked , cool and very Rock N' Roll story if you ask me...

Wait, what exactly is cool about going on a coke and rum binge? I'm being serious. It's fucked, yes. It's definitely rock n' roll (but only because going to serious lengths to get drugs is essentially synonymous with being a famous musician; it's nothing we haven't heard a million times before from many prominent rockers). But, to me, it certainly isn't cool. I know there's no use in even talking about this, and I don't mean to cut Matt down 'cause I like the guy, but the fact that this is even newsworthy seems ridiculous to me.

Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 10:00:10 AM »

That's why I said "significant". I had just watched the "Making of Estranged" before I wrote that, Matt himself says that the video shoot for "Estranged" is the first one he really cared to show up to, because he had an actual "role" (the heliocopter) as opposed to other Gn'R vids where there are a couple short clips of him playing drums, and not much else, whereas Duff, Axl, and Slash get most of the "big" roles (i.e.--Slash driving off the cliff, Duff walking down the stairs and having the chick throw the bottle at him in "Don't Cry", all the wedding scene stuff in "November Rain". That's what I meant by "significant".

I was wondering how you were going to rebut that one - you did it very well. 

Yeah I agree.

Keep in mind all the public had were the videos...  unless you were a real fan and went and brough mags and stuff.

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 12:35:44 PM »

Who even knows if it's real or horribly exagerated.. the crap that comes out of his mouth.

Same opinion. Lost in the venezuelan jungle? He probably would have been kidnapped or something....

Welcome to the jungle matt........

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 03:39:12 PM »

Same opinion. Lost in the venezuelan jungle? He probably would have been kidnapped or something....

Welcome to the jungle matt........

or perhaps when you have like millions of dollars things like that can be possible to happen.. and btw. what is so crazy and amazing with that story? the thing that Matt got out to the jungle to buy some coke?
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 08:16:06 PM »

I know if I was rich and out there, I would definately be fucked up. I could easily see that happening to me...

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 12:29:28 AM »

I find it funny that the reason always given for why Steve was fired was because he couldn't get his shit together in regards to drug abuse.  Does this sound like Matt had his shit together?  He says he needed help just getting on stage.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: