Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:48:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Battlestar Galactica
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica  (Read 20923 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2007, 04:35:22 PM »

Well

well......

The final ep of season 3 aired on Sunday - and to say the episode provoked strong feelings is putting it mildly

The 'revelation' contradicted anyone of 1000 previous facts the series had established, it so utterly ripped up what had gone before that its sheer stupidity almost suggests a plan at work

What did u lot think of it?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:45:32 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2007, 07:17:32 PM »

BG is one of the best shows on TV right now. Too bad ratings don't reflect that.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2007, 09:38:19 PM »

meh... was kinda surpeised but suspected that some of the "4" were cylons back in season 1/2.

the whole unknown contact bit was kinda expected...... but never happened in any manner that was expected

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2007, 03:24:53 AM »

meh... was kinda surpeised but suspected that some of the "4" were cylons back in season 1/2.

the whole unknown contact bit was kinda expected...... but never happened in any manner that was expected

the plot holes are monsterous - how come our new found cylons werent affected at Ragnar?

The utter lack of logic left me dumbstruck - Tigh is older than the cylons are?!?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2007, 07:17:44 PM »

lol I do know what you are saying here... and i do agree.

what we can say about the Ragnar incident is simple actualy and written into the show dialogue by the cylon himself. it was something along the line that they did not know that they would be affected by this type of ratiation at the station, and it was not apparent until after a several days that something was wrong, and not until after a week or more did the sickness manifest itself to the degree to which was seen there.

The "3" i think its a "3" (the one left behind) was unaffected for teh full duration of the colonial stay. So by that we could see that yigh would not have noticed anything.... besides beig loaded all the time. Tyril would have been for the same reason as well.... the pyramid guy that was married to starbuck well he was no where near it... and the pres advisor.... she never showed up until mid season 2 was it? but it would have been the same rules applied to that as well.

now for tigh being older then the cylons..... hmmmm it was what 50yrs of cease fire, and 10yrs of war prior to that. So that would account for tighs age, but would mean that tigh most likely is a "1" or is a "8 -12" but was planted at an early age into the domain of teh 12 colonies (rapid growth to say age 10) and dumped into an orphanage, or the real tigh was captured as a kid and replaced with a cyclon double. too little is known about tigh's childhood to know or to completly determine how he was projected into society. However with say 30 years + of being "human" hes going to be the most balanced cylon for the fleet..... duty and honor..... well maybe more duty and honor tring to clean his mind of all teh crap.

and dont forget.... teh cylons 1-7 dont know anything about the 8-12.... they are as intrested in knowning them as we are.... i think the Rev. guy said something about them being outcasts of the cylon order, or something to that effect.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2007, 05:01:19 PM »

lol - something struck me the other day,

the show is about humanitys attempts to find earth - yet well over half the cast are now Cylons.....we have Tigh, Tori, Tyrol and Anders, Boomer, No.6 and the 'unkown' fifth cyclon, who is clearly an existing character

...now there has to come a point where u wonder what the writers are doing - how many human characters are left Adama x2, Balta, Roslin, Gaeta and Helo....

...not very many....the show has badly lost its away and seems very much as if they make it up the morning filming begins

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2007, 11:33:29 PM »

lol ya i know... it is funny..... though if you wanted to lok at it as if the 12 colonies never changed from polythesim to monothesium and earth pretty much has, the cylons are.... then the 13th tribe "earth" is actualy the the cylon homeworld, LOL. but seriously.... earth without the ties to the greater other tribes naturaly lost its way to what we have now.... and the cylons are jsut "screwed up" it could make sence that the cylons would look at earth and realise thet we have our shit striat... HAHAHAHA

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2007, 08:01:41 AM »

About 3 weeks ago it occurred to me I have never watched any BSG and since everyone says it' so damn hot, i decided to give the pilot a change.
About 55 episodes later, gotta say, everyone was right!
Loved first 2 seasons. Sure they had their share of low points but in overall, quality is amazingly high there.TV doesn't get much bettee than this.
3rd season though..well it's till good. Buuuut!

The very thing that made BSG to stand out, not only among scifi but among tv series in general, was lack of soap.
Most TV series out there(regardless of genre)build their  main characters simply by running them through few variations  of social  seen-it-thousand-times  plot structures. You know the usual deal, marriages, deaths of a friend/spouse, breakups, affairs, blah blah .

During first two seasons, BSG  writers  rarely took the easy way out.
They chose other means to build their characters. Generally speaking, audience got to know/love/hate BSG crew as they were playing their part in something bigger. It takes longer to get to "care" of the characters that way, but on the other hand the characters end up having hell a lot more well, character.

Most episodes during first two seasons managed to dodge the fucking tired annoying base structure of a typical episode in a typical series. To be more specific, they avoided the "main storyline&soap-oriented sub storylin tandem.(=Bill needs to reach a hidden button in 3 days, lest shit hits the fan and everybody dies.Meanwhile! Jill tells Jim she is pregnant and loves him too much and has to go away blahblahblah)For 2 seasons BSG managed to dodge this really well, while keeping things very entertaining, and characters interesting and complex enough.

Then comes the 3rd season. Suddenly everyone is falling in love, making babies, getting divorced, crying, whining. Suddenly entire episodes are wasted on relationship issues and  who is loving whom bullshit.
"I love you and hate you Starbuck!"
"I love you and hate you even more Apollo!!"
Seriously, who gives a fuck. No wonder cylons wanted us all dead for a while there. yes

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2007, 11:04:32 AM »

About 3 weeks ago it occurred to me I have never watched any BSG and since everyone says it' so damn hot, i decided to give the pilot a change.
About 55 episodes later, gotta say, everyone was right!
Loved first 2 seasons. Sure they had their share of low points but in overall, quality is amazingly high there.TV doesn't get much bettee than this.
3rd season though..well it's till good. Buuuut!

The very thing that made BSG to stand out, not only among scifi but among tv series in general, was lack of soap.
Most TV series out there(regardless of genre)build their? main characters simply by running them through few variations? of social? seen-it-thousand-times? plot structures. You know the usual deal, marriages, deaths of a friend/spouse, breakups, affairs, blah blah .

During first two seasons, BSG? writers? rarely took the easy way out.
They chose other means to build their characters. Generally speaking, audience got to know/love/hate BSG crew as they were playing their part in something bigger. It takes longer to get to "care" of the characters that way, but on the other hand the characters end up having hell a lot more well, character.

Most episodes during first two seasons managed to dodge the fucking tired annoying base structure of a typical episode in a typical series. To be more specific, they avoided the "main storyline&soap-oriented sub storylin tandem.(=Bill needs to reach a hidden button in 3 days, lest shit hits the fan and everybody dies.Meanwhile! Jill tells Jim she is pregnant and loves him too much and has to go away blahblahblah)For 2 seasons BSG managed to dodge this really well, while keeping things very entertaining, and characters interesting and complex enough.

Then comes the 3rd season. Suddenly everyone is falling in love, making babies, getting divorced, crying, whining. Suddenly entire episodes are wasted on relationship issues and? who is loving whom bullshit.
"I love you and hate you Starbuck!"
"I love you and hate you even more Apollo!!"
Seriously, who gives a fuck. No wonder cylons wanted us all dead for a while there. yes

i think we need the soap element - it was 22 eps before Gaeta got a first name!

They really needed to actually flesh out the characters, we know next to nothing about any of them....

...except they are all cylons confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2007, 03:13:14 PM »

i think we need the soap element - it was 22 eps before Gaeta got a first name!

They really needed to actually flesh out the characters, we know next to nothing about any of them....

Got nothing against the flesh either..it's the fat that bothers me.
Well

well......

The final ep of season 3 aired on Sunday - and to say the episode provoked strong feelings is putting it mildly

The 'revelation' contradicted anyone of 1000 previous facts the series had established, it so utterly ripped up what had gone before that its sheer stupidity almost suggests a plan at work

What did u lot think of it?

/speculation

I don't think any of the 4 are in major way different from the rest; none of the people appearing in series is exactly human. Entire race of Homo Sapiens has been extinct for good few thousand years, fleet consists of some sort of half human half cylone hybrid race that has only been fortunate enough to think themselves as human up until now. They all have their Cylon-cells in slumber. Due to approximity of earth someone or something is beginning to activate these "sleeping" parts.

Atleast I can't think of any other explanation for all those "hay i'm Cylon but don't know it yet!"-persons walking around.
Admiral Adama, President,Baltar,Starbuck all have the trait  similiar to "projecting" as descriped by Number 6 at some point around the 2nd quarter of season 3. This could well be a subtle hint of their "inhuman" originality.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 03:17:46 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2007, 03:41:25 PM »

/speculation

I don't think any of the 4 are in major way different from the rest; none of the people appearing in series is exactly human. Entire race of Homo Sapiens has been extinct for good few thousand years, fleet consists of some sort of half human half cylone hybrid race that has only been fortunate enough to think themselves as human up until now. They all have their Cylon-cells in slumber. Due to approximity of earth someone or something is beginning to activate these "sleeping" parts.

Atleast I can't think of any other explanation for all those "hay i'm Cylon but don't know it yet!"-persons walking around.
Admiral Adama, President,Baltar,Starbuck all have the trait? similiar to "projecting" as descriped by Number 6 at some point around the 2nd quarter of season 3. This could well be a subtle hint of their "inhuman" originality.

If they'd been working on that from the start i'd say that was great

Mr Moore has all but admitted they make this stuff up as they go, maybe not quite the morning they start filming but there is absolutely no coherant thread to the show

...as good as the acting and effects are its just chaos at the end of the day, so many times i was left wondering 'where are they going with this?' Nothings plotted or thought through, eg. it was three seasons before they realised they needed to address how they had food for 40,000 people....

They brought in the Pegasus with no idea what they were then to do with it, so they destroyed it and wrote the entire crew out of the show!

..and if the whole 'Baltar sees a woman in his head' angle isnt living proof of writers unsure why they introduced that angle and baffled as to how to resolve it then i dont know what is!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2007, 05:21:12 PM »

Mr Moore has all but admitted they make this stuff up as they go, maybe not quite the morning they start filming but there is absolutely no coherant thread to the show

I think it is very common for authors of a multi-season tv series or a long book saga to have absolutely no idea where it is going to and how it all  ends. Sometimes it is a bad thing. sometimes it is a good thing. Atleast it gives flexibility and freedom to drop things that don't work and on the other hand, give more spotlight to plot elements/characters that do.

..I'm not that big a fan of the latest huge twist either. Then again we haven't been taken through the entire twist just yet ;p Fucking cliffhangers, hate them!

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2007, 03:35:57 PM »

I think it is very common for authors of a multi-season tv series or a long book saga to have absolutely no idea where it is going to and how it all? ends. Sometimes it is a bad thing. sometimes it is a good thing. Atleast it gives flexibility and freedom to drop things that don't work and on the other hand, give more spotlight to plot elements/characters that do.

..I'm not that big a fan of the latest huge twist either. Then again we haven't been taken through the entire twist just yet ;p Fucking cliffhangers, hate them!

bah Babylon 5 was always better anyway - that show really did have a plan for everything right from the start

It was a really pleasure to see them devlop things, you could go back once the series was over and really admire the writing as everything was nicely wrapped up

...then they added an unplanned 5th season, and things went a bit screwy there....opps

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2008, 10:28:28 AM »

Here's an old topic worth dusting off....

Anyone watch the cliffhanger last night for the middle of season 4?

warning- spoiler below

-( Battlestar Wiki - for all things BSG- http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I was blown away. This show went to a completely different place than Galactica 1980 did with the original series from the 1970's, thank god! No flying motorcycles here!

The Galactica fleet along with the rebel Cylons found Earth last night, but it is an post apocalyptic wasteland. They had a radiation monitor that was registering something, apparently we nuked ourselves. Looks like they landed in New Jersey across the river from NYC ( of all places)  The writer, Ronald Moore reflects our society in the show at times, so I wonder where he is going with this? What did we do to ourselves? There are 10 episodes left before the series is over, so we will find out in 2009 when they air. I'm very curious to see what else they find.

I have to say the quality of the writing of this show is stellar, even my wife, who in no way is a sci fi fan has gotten into it.

So we have as usual many unanswered questions to ponder for 7 months!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 10:57:54 AM by Senator John "Bluto" Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2008, 08:55:14 PM »

I'm a mega fan! I dismissed it for a couple of years before finally giving it a chance and am so glad I did!!

ok ok

Back In Power
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »

I was *so* glad the four were revealed, and that that whole plot point wasn't dragged out any longer.   The tease ending was pretty solid, as was the eventual reveal of the fifth.  I'm looking forward to a great ending to a phenomenal show...
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2009, 09:25:14 PM »

/speculation

Admiral Adama, President,Baltar,Starbuck all have the trait  similiar to "projecting" as descriped by Number 6 at some point around the 2nd quarter of season 3. This could well be a subtle hint of their "inhuman" originality.

I called it!!! I fucking called it! 2 years ago i fucking called it!!
You may refer to me as geek prophet from now on. When not too busy sacrificing for me.
...Ahh shit okay fine it's not certain yet or anything but I think that's where it's heading.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:38:30 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2009, 11:45:22 PM »

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2009, 06:41:14 PM »

/speculation

I called it!!! I fucking called it! 2 years ago i fucking called it!!
You may refer to me as geek prophet from now on. When not too busy sacrificing for me.
...Ahh shit okay fine it's not certain yet or anything but I think that's where it's heading.

- - - - >I CALLED IT < - - - -
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:44:26 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2009, 07:18:46 PM »

Ah Galactica....what on earth happened to you?

Started out as a gritty post-Trek sci fi...

...and became some deranged religious mumbo jumbo

Gotta love Ronald D Moore's interviews in which he said the writers made it up as they went along and went back later to tie it together confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: