Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:38:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Battlestar Galactica
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica  (Read 20920 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2006, 06:23:06 AM »

as much as i understand where you are coming from, it can become impractical if you have so many minor issues appearing in the series...you can lose focus in the storylines and would seem pedantic...best to leave the minor issues to a minimum...BSG does it fairly well...

It would only need one self containeded episde a season, a la 'Lower Decks'

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2006, 01:33:33 PM »

Well Galactica returns to in a few days - ofcourse we Europeans will have to wait (any news when we get it??)

After a rollercoaster second season that veered from genius to insanity in a truly disconcerting manner the third season has the potential to be the best or quiet possibly the worst thing on tv

Episodes set aboard basestars and the deaths of numerous main characters has me....feeling.....uneasy. It seemd like from 'Pegasus' onwards the show had really lost its way, while the episodes weren't so bad individually overall the series didnt seem to have a clear idea of where it was going - what on earth is the cylon plan these days - kill humans? Impregante humans? Rule humans?

The characters managed truly amazing 360's in personality - Adama 'lets overthrow the president' suddenly has a problem with a rigged election....

Also if you truly want to leave with the impression Mr Moore is snorting too much white happiness read this:

What can you tell us about the status of Caprica, the prequel to Battlestar?

Moore: It's in script right now. We're doing some rewrites for the network, and we're waiting to see whether they're going to give it a green light or not.

How will Caprica differ from Battlestar?

Moore: Caprica is set 50 years before Battlestar Galactica. It's the story of the creation of the Cylons. And it's a very different format than Galactica. It's not a war show; it's not even a space show or an action-adventure show. It's a family drama and a political drama about corporations and politics. It's almost [more] like a sci-fi soap than it is an action-adventure series. And again, we're trying to do something different within the genre and give a different flavor to the material than Battlestar Galactica does. [The story] centers around two families, one of whom owns an enormous corporation, ? la Microsoft, and it builds the first Cylons; then the other family is Adama's father, who's a lawyer at the time and starts to become an opponent of what they're trying to do.

Oh...my...god nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2007, 08:36:57 AM »

Minions - when is Galactica back on in the UK, people keep telling me 'January' - but when?!?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2007, 05:23:07 PM »

i beleive that its jan 9th in canada... and follow the UK schedule...... which makes no damned sence

edit:  21st in canada..... and thats for the second half of the season
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 05:35:14 PM by Prometheus » Logged

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2007, 07:47:29 PM »

I saw so many advertisements for this show during the Twilight Zone Marathon I wanted to shoot myself. I might have to watch it once if I find the time.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2007, 08:38:24 PM »

What season are you guys in the uk at?

We're only at the second season (which will kick off this thursday) the station decided to take it off the air a year ago because they felt they had too many sci fi shows? Roll Eyes

You can never have too many sci fi shows? drool
Getizzyback
Headliner

Gotta Lite? FUc.....

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2007, 01:00:13 AM »

I'm sorry guys , I'm an old timer , and I'm not really into this new Galactica , why couldn't they just use different charactors , instead of recycling the old ones , it kind of ruins the integrity of the older series.Yes it was cheesy , and so was Buck Rogers , but I liked them , I was also a big V fan , and I also got into Earth 2 , but one show that had so much promise , and I thought I would love was VR-5 , but man it Sucked!

Back to the new Galactica , well , Starbuck's now a woman? ouch ,I guess that means the Sci-Fi channel will bring back Buck Rogers , of course , she'll probally be called "Becky Rogers"

Anyone here need a "Banned aid"?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2007, 09:05:55 AM »

I'm sorry guys , I'm an old timer , and I'm not really into this new Galactica , why couldn't they just use different charactors , instead of recycling the old ones , it kind of ruins the integrity of the older series.Yes it was cheesy , and so was Buck Rogers , but I liked them , I was also a big V fan , and I also got into Earth 2 , but one show that had so much promise , and I thought I would love was VR-5 , but man it Sucked!

Back to the new Galactica , well , Starbuck's now a woman? ouch ,I guess that means the Sci-Fi channel will bring back Buck Rogers , of course , she'll probally be called "Becky Rogers"

The show rocked....well.....it did up to the middle of the second season, who knows what the third season is like, all the way over here in distant england we dont get it yet grr.....

Changing characters into attractive women is always going to get a thumbs up with me beer You should give the show a try - the first season is genius, by the second season they had exterminated so many characters and had so many plot twists i think the writers had confused themselves and there were more than a few episodes that left you wondering what the devil was going on....

and where do they get their food from? If you think Voyager's regenerating shuttles are a true sci-fi mystery you should see the way galactica evidently grows missiles....

anyway, c'mon someone must have an idea when season 3 airs over here?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2007, 10:24:29 PM »

now now izzy dont forget that there was a fully stocked battlestar that more then likely resupplied galactica.... good ole peggy... seasone 2 went kind of haywire yes..... season 3 fixes alot of the crap thus far..... with some really on the seat of your pants action to boot..... im waiting on season 3.5..... 21st..... cause i cant wait to find out what happens after the order is given.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2007, 08:46:32 AM »

now now izzy dont forget that there was a fully stocked battlestar that more then likely resupplied galactica.... good ole peggy...

Okay lets get technical on Galactica's cavernous plot holes hihi

All 12 colonies are in the same system and its possible for a fighter to travel from one side to the other (pilot episode)

With their jump engines they can do the trip instantly with galactica

Question would be - why a vessel effectively always in orbit need more than a months supply of food?

Galactica evidently has years worth....  hihi

Why would freighters be needed when 120 battlestars sit in orbit of the colonies 24/7 for years at a time doing nothing?

Even if the Pegasus had been groaning under the weight of missiles it was carrying and had metal and food and fuel pilled up in the corridors - how the hell do they manage to get paper, pencils and glass from?

Does every battlestar leave dry dock with a million pencils and a billion pages of paper? We have seen them get through forests of paper and they snap pencils for fun!

where does the plastic come from - they mine for it? hihi

By the end of the second season i found i began to wonder more where their booze and fresh apples come from than who was a cyclon....lets hope season 3 is better

and when is it on - damn, someone must know!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2007, 01:03:25 PM »

I caught the end of an advert on sky one after (the blatantly much superior) Malcolm in the Middle, but I didn't catch what it was on about. I followed the link and here you go:

SERIES THREE- CONFIRMED START DATE
Hi all,

I am pleased to be able to confirm the start of series 3 will be on Tuesday 9th January at 9pm and it will be available in HD.

http://www.skyone.co.uk/skyoneforum/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=12

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2007, 02:52:16 PM »

I was a toddler I think when the original B.G. movie came out.  I remember playing with older brother's trading cards from B.G.  I remember a really ugly dog, copying the Cylon Raiders voices by talking into a fan, the coolest spaceship I've ever seen (was it called a Viper?) and wasn't the ridiculously hot chick from Silver Spoons Erin Grey in that too???  drool

About the new show, haven't seen it, save for flipping by it on tv.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2007, 08:36:15 AM »

I caught the end of an advert on sky one after (the blatantly much superior) Malcolm in the Middle, but I didn't catch what it was on about. I followed the link and here you go:

SERIES THREE- CONFIRMED START DATE
Hi all,

I am pleased to be able to confirm the start of series 3 will be on Tuesday 9th January at 9pm and it will be available in HD.

http://www.skyone.co.uk/skyoneforum/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=12

thank you!

I've been a good boy and not downloaded any of the eps - but when there is a 3 month gap between US and UK showings is it any wonder piracy is rampant?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2007, 12:58:56 PM »

Hmmmm... I don't think I've even heard of this show but I don't get to watch tv all that often. But I'm always up for new things and I think I'll give this show a shot.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Getizzyback
Headliner

Gotta Lite? FUc.....

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2007, 03:53:09 AM »

The show rocked....well.....it did up to the middle of the second season, who knows what the third season is like, all the way over here in distant england we dont get it yet grr.....

Changing characters into attractive women is always going to get a thumbs up with me beer You should give the show a try - the first season is genius, by the second season they had exterminated so many characters and had so many plot twists i think the writers had confused themselves and there were more than a few episodes that left you wondering what the devil was going on....

and where do they get their food from? If you think Voyager's regenerating shuttles are a true sci-fi mystery you should see the way galactica evidently grows missiles....

Yea , I will give it a better chance,it's hard to see something that was a big part of my childhood,become so different.As for Starbuck changing genders,it's certainly not bad for the eyes!I think they could have had,like Starbuck's grandaughter,or any other generation gap,like that,kinda what they did on Galactica 1980,but they could have gone further down the tree.Hell,their ain't much Sci-Fi on TV,I guess,I better just be happy,I have anything to watch!

Anyone here need a "Banned aid"?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2007, 09:58:55 AM »

Yea , I will give it a better chance,it's hard to see something that was a big part of my childhood,become so different.As for Starbuck changing genders,it's certainly not bad for the eyes!I think they could have had,like Starbuck's grandaughter,or any other generation gap,like that,kinda what they did on Galactica 1980,but they could have gone further down the tree.Hell,their ain't much Sci-Fi on TV,I guess,I better just be happy,I have anything to watch!

its just started again over here

saw eps 1 and 2 from season 3 - truly remarkable, its so intense its almost painful viewing. Very relevant, very well written and very cerebral - i've never seen suicide bombings presented in such an...understandable....way - very, very disturbing - and utterly brilliant for constantly challenging your attitudes. Never seen anything like it

even better, it tidied up the loose ends in season 2 - now a few episodes that seemed very erratic and had really bothered me now look like genius

Awesome show

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2007, 11:54:10 AM »

but izzy who is the good guys?........ i guess based on your ideals it would be humans?

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2007, 11:55:53 AM »

is this a show that i need to rent all the old episodes and catch up? or can i just jump right in?

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2007, 12:01:08 PM »

is this a show that i need to rent all the old episodes and catch up? or can i just jump right in?

Imo you really do need to start with the first season, it's quite difficult to follow if you just start somewhere in the middle...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2007, 12:03:24 PM »

Imo you really do need to start with the first season, it's quite difficult to follow if you just start somewhere in the middle...

thanks man ok i'll hit the video store this weekend smoking

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: