Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:26:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228484 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  shot down
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: shot down  (Read 1483 times)
bucketman
Headliner

« on: January 12, 2006, 12:46:04 PM »

Dont you guys find it amazing that we don't hear anything from the management about whats going on, how long it will be, what the hangup is, etc. but yet everytime a rumour is generated that creates enough buzz around the gnr community, we get news from someone in management right away. Some examples other than the most recent statement of "no official release date yet" would be when IRS came out, and management said "anyone who hosts a link to where this can be downloaded will have a suit on their hands", or how about when Guns were supposedly going to play that shitty bar in the south, and management released a statement saying they would not. I understand they need to cover their asses, but if they can be so negative all the time, why can't they give anymore positive info. I don't think giving any information about the recording process would violate the confidentiality agreement, would it? What are your thoughts?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 01:00:35 PM »

because that's how it works.

workin on different games with ubisoft, i was reading stuff online from the fans every day.
why isnt Ghost recon 3 out yet ? when is it comin out ? whatis going on ?

internaly. it's unclear. people just don't know. people might think it will come out at X date. but in the end you dont know. so you better keep your mouth shut.

im sure the situation with CD is quite the same.

and in creation the LAST thing you wanna do is talk about your work before it's finished. at a simple level, see how webmasters wait till the last minute to show off their site ......

:/

ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »

So you want them to confirm rumours that are false?
At least they're actually addresssing rumours these days. For years, we'd hear these rumours then hold our breaths until the date came, then we'd get disappointed that it didn't happen.

And it's hard to give positive news when there is none.

How about press releases saying "Axl recorded the vocals for The Blues for the 47th time today!"?

They used to say things like the album is 98% finished. But nothing ever came from it, so they just got our hopes up for nothing.

So, at least by not expecting anything we can't be let down.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 01:13:28 PM »

They'll update us when there's something to say.

How many times do you want to hear "we're working on it" before you get tired of it?

All the band members who've tried to give little updates through the years are now labeled as liars by certain fans.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 02:21:17 PM »

i dont need to hear when its coming out, all i would like to know is what needs to happen for it to come out and I would also like to know why is there a chance it wont come out

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 02:38:14 PM »

who said there is a chance it wont come out?  It will come out.  There is no chance of it not be released.  No way will they spend all that time and money on a cd that will not be released.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 03:38:08 PM »

well it hasnt been released yet
if the fortus thing is tru, he said theres a chance it wont
and more importantly Axl has mentioned it as well

i def think it will be released 1 day but whoi knows when...

i just wanna know what needs to happen for it to be released, why hasnt it been released...if its just not ready that fine but why isnt it ready what needs to happen/be done for it to come out...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: