Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:38:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl in the Feb issue of offical playstation monthly
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl in the Feb issue of offical playstation monthly  (Read 5495 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: January 09, 2006, 08:41:43 PM »

On page 44 is the calendar for February and it has Axls mug shot pic on the 6th and say "OPM wishes a happy birthday to the guy whose song titles we keep using as headlines-Axl Rose was born 44 years ago today.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
S.P.I.K.E.
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 08:44:12 PM »

44... just seems wrong.

www.gnrstrip.com

www.gnrstrip.com/blog - The Latest GNR related stories
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 08:49:56 PM »

44... just seems wrong.

He was, what, 29 when he put out his last real album? Silly.

I've seen enough.
S.P.I.K.E.
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 08:51:47 PM »

ha yup. To me it seems like a massive waste of talent.

www.gnrstrip.com

www.gnrstrip.com/blog - The Latest GNR related stories
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 09:11:32 PM »

On page 44 is the calendar for February and it has Axls mug shot pic on the 6th and say "OPM wishes a happy birthday to the guy whose song titles we keep using as headlines-Axl Rose was born 44 years ago today.

Haha. You know.. I feel that all those gaming editors have a deep love for Axl and Guns... I've read many things about the band in various game publications. When Contraband was on some mags calendar they said "Ex-Guns put out the record before Chinese Democracy! In yo face Axl!".... it was the first time I had ever heard of Chinese Democracy.

They've said Axl "now sounds like a beached whale"... they had a pic and short article about Axl when he was in GTA:SA...

It may all sound negitive at first.. but I think they dig Axl and are just pokin fun.

gnrevolution.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 11:57:03 PM »

You got that right. crying

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 12:36:32 AM »

Unless we get a CD in a few  years Axl Rose the lost years of all the stuff he was working on.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 01:59:19 AM »

Unless we get a CD in a few? years Axl Rose the lost years of all the stuff he was working on.
Dave, it would still be a waste of talent. He could release 2 box sets tomorrow and it still wouldn't change what he did to his career. Wasting his prime in his house,studio,etc. is not the way to continue his legacy. Of course he can still do amazing things with whats left of his career, but no matter what he releases, it wont erase past mistakes.

rainX
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 02:01:03 AM »

Unless we get a CD in a few  years Axl Rose the lost years of all the stuff he was working on.
Dave, it would still be a waste of talent. He could release 2 box sets tomorrow and it still wouldn't change what he did to his career. Wasting his prime in his house,studio,etc. is not the way to continue his legacy. Of course he can still do amazing things with whats left of his career, but no matter what he releases, it wont erase past mistakes.

How come his prime has to be defined as that particular time period?
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 08:45:47 AM »

Because well his voice is pretty shit now so there's no way his 'prime' is still to come. I don't want people arguing with that either becuase ive seen the majority of the '02 shows and none of them are that good lets be honest.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 09:48:19 AM »

I can understand that from a fan point of view, but it's his life and it's his to live. I doubt Axl feels like he's wasted or missed anything.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 10:46:04 AM »

I can understand that from a fan point of view, but it's his life and it's his to live. I doubt Axl feels like he's wasted or missed anything.
We weren't talking about his personal life, we meant his music career. ok

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 11:09:49 AM »

We weren't talking about his personal life, we meant his music career. ok

What he does with his personal life affects his music career, and vice versa.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 11:20:27 AM »

Ditto to Skeletor yes
When a period of his life was dedicated to making music or to growing himself as an artist/ a  person, or Even to resting up in order to be able to demonstrate his ability to the full, it's no time waster for a musician.

on the other hand?What have you done for the last 10 yrs, pessimistic guys?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 12:59:02 PM »

When a period of his life was dedicated to making music or to growing himself as an artist/ a  person, or Even to resting up in order to be able to demonstrate his ability to the full, it's no time waster for a musician.

Couldn't agree more if I triied.

between 86=93 Axl accomplished more than a ton of musicians that stood before him were able to do. He rose from the bottom with not even a dollar to his name and became the biggest rock star in the world by selling millions, and millions of records.

Im truly surprised none of you haven't entertained the idea of Axl already being semi-retired, it sure would explain the lack of news and appearances. I mean just consider him recording this album in fits and strides over the past several years without a consistance deadline in view. I think this is his swan song and a possible reason the bandmembers are being so patient is because they know that too, and will make all the money they homed to once Axl see's it as perfect timing and nothing else.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 05:24:16 PM »

Haha. You know.. I feel that all those gaming editors have a deep love for Axl and Guns... I've read many things about the band in various game publications. When Contraband was on some mags calendar they said "Ex-Guns put out the record before Chinese Democracy! In yo face Axl!".... it was the first time I had ever heard of Chinese Democracy.

They've said Axl "now sounds like a beached whale"... they had a pic and short article about Axl when he was in GTA:SA...

It may all sound negitive at first.. but I think they dig Axl and are just pokin fun.

Yeah. Cause damn , whenever I have deep love for someone I rag on them constantly and belittle them as much as possible.  Shocked

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 05:28:38 PM »

I read about wasted talent... Reminds me of A Bronx tale.. You can have all the talent in the world but if you never use it what goood is it, nothing worse then wasted talent..  Axl rose is a prime example of wasted talent regarldess of how or when cd comes out.. Wasted years could be a better way to describe him..
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 08:09:21 PM »

Yeah. Cause damn , whenever I have deep love for someone I rag on them constantly and belittle them as much as possible.  Shocked

Im sarcastic with my loved ones  Grin... but they always end up not being my friend... i dont get it...  confused

hihi

gnrevolution.com
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 12:40:52 AM »

Only got 2 University Degrees and a career job in teaching... Roll Eyes

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 06:08:15 AM »

on the other hand…What have you done for the last 10 yrs, pessimistic guys?

Only got 2 University Degrees and a career job in teaching... Roll Eyes

Oh, nice of you to share that priceless piece of infomation. Sounds like a shitty career thou
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: