Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:55:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Riyadh & The Bedouins
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Riyadh & The Bedouins  (Read 7524 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2006, 12:27:27 PM »

I would love to hear a studio version of the song, particularly for the vocals.  The vocals are kinda "Immigrant Song"-esque to me, and I think that's a good thing.  I think this song has a lot of potential, and I think that judging it by versions played in 2001 and 2002 may not be valid as that song may very well have changed since then.

As far as the meaning, I agree with what other people have said in that it has nothing to do with Riyadh or Bedouins.  Instead, it sounds to me like it's about finding salvation from a time of great frustration.

Ali
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2006, 01:08:16 PM »

Hmm.. I like Rhiad.. but.. top 3 GN'R songs? Naw. I respect your opinion though.

It just sounds very "under construction" to me.. I'll reserve my opinion for a studio version

Yeah we haven't heard the top 3 songs yet.  ok

when the song is fully constructe you'll see it for what it is. IMO it's definitely surpassing coma or estranged. Maybe that's a matter of taste tho...
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2006, 04:05:37 PM »

Hmm.. I like Rhiad.. but.. top 3 GN'R songs? Naw. I respect your opinion though.

It just sounds very "under construction" to me.. I'll reserve my opinion for a studio version

Yeah we haven't heard the top 3 songs yet.? ok

when the song is fully constructe you'll see it for what it is. IMO it's definitely surpassing coma or estranged. Maybe that's a matter of taste tho...

I hear this song isn't good enough to make the final cut of the album........thank god......surpassing Estranged or Coma...... rofl rofl rofl
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2006, 05:51:56 PM »

Well, better than Coma I agree with - That song is just an overlong mess.

Can't really compare it to Estranged though, totally different styles going on there.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2006, 06:03:28 PM »

True. We shouldn't compare apples and oranges. Just I like strawberries more than oranges. Tongue

I hear this song isn't good enough to make the final cut of the album........thank god......surpassing Estranged or Coma...... rofl rofl rofl
Not good enough? And your source is? Roll Eyes

As I said, tastes differ.
Some prefer MacDonald to Kentucky. and some prefer motley crue to led zeppelin.

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2006, 10:52:19 PM »

Thats true... but  Ive read that most people like Estranged or Coma. On the other hand, I like R&tB,  I wouldnt say it sucks, the song that sucked was Silk Worms and that was because Axl was trying to play Trent Reznor there, anyway there must be guys who  love it, so this only helps Ppbebe's theory.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2006, 11:32:35 PM »

I hear this song isn't good enough to make the final cut of the album........thank god......
Wrong. Dizzy supposed said that, but Richard said it will be on the album. So, as far as I know, it's still unknown.

And the song IS good enough. I'm sure if there was some soundboard out there, a lot of you would actually like the track.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2006, 11:42:18 PM »

I think this song is highly under rated. Not just highly under rated, but the magnitude of how good this song is, the fact that it seems to be completely ignored.

"this is uh, a very interesting noise"

the song starts - you know instantly it's raw he's letting it all out screaming it's fucking real, that's the "real", real isn't fucking writing an album in 2 months and saying "gee, that's the way my life came out in the music there, wrap it up" and when he sings the fucking first verse, he's yelling. he's pissed. that's axl. that's "guns n' roses" He's angry and upset and he's putting his entire emotional state into 3 and a half minutes so i can not be miserable while i smoke a cigarette. not a moment of the song is wasted. it just fucking rocks. how anyone could take the vegas version of this song, put on headphones and blast it, and not totally just be in awe of what chinese democracy is gonna be like, what all 3 albums are gonna be like, the potential of all of this......

how come motherfuckers gotta come on here and tell us we are crazy for waiting...... crazy for believing.....

the best guns n' roses songs: estranged and coma. those two songs of course, the most deeply personal from axl's mind. that is why my third favorite guns n' roses song is and has been for almost 5 years now, Riyadh & the Bedouins. Because that's where it comes from. Axl fighting his inner demons. in my opinion, i think a lot of us were drawn to axl and gnr is that we identify with it because the most common trait among all guns n' roses fans is inner fucking demons.

i think it's a damn shame more people haven't heard this song.

i'll reserve my opinion until (if) we hear a studio version.

The main problem I have with the boots we've heard of the song are Axls vocals. They sound awful to me - lacking the required upper register strength.

So hopefully a studio version would be tip-top
Interesting post, Rainx, but I agree with Jimmy on this one. The vocals and lyrics have major flaws. Although I do appreciate the emotional anger Axl is trying to convey in the song. Even though I dont listen to this song very much, I will be the first to admit it has amazing potential. The music is brilliant, its just the lyrics that need a major overhaul. We know the vocals can be easily fixed in the studio, but who knows if he's done any rewrites for the song. I also hope to hear a studio version of this, even if it winds up being buried on some soundtrack instead of being on CD.

Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2006, 04:45:03 AM »

It's a good song and i think that the lyrics are fine but could be better but what that songs really need is something like blues have that its not just verse chorus verse chorus cuz that how i think it soundsss .. well thats all i really got to say about it
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2006, 05:04:17 AM »

It's a good song and i think that the lyrics are fine but could be better but what that songs really need is something like blues have that its not just verse chorus verse chorus cuz that how i think it soundsss .. well thats all i really got to say about it
You mean a bridge?
I think its awesome the way it is.

chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2006, 07:06:22 PM »

OK, at first I definately liked Rhiad but I like it less and less every time I hear it. I just watched the video from Pukklepop and Axl sucks on it, it's really dissapointing. The Vegas 01 01 01 version was better. I don't know I like the song, but that version was really bad.

P.S. Why is everyone ripping apart Jameslofton he started this thread because he doesn't like the song and wanted to know if anyone had the same opinion, lots of people on this board get real touchy when anyone says anything close to negative about Axl's new songs. Lighten up Guys ok

They just thought Id know better. Better.
badapple81
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2006, 07:37:40 PM »

I didn't like it at all, at first and my thoughts were that I hoped the album wouldn't be of that standard. Certainly has grown on me and I think a studio version with Axl's screeching vocals would be awesome as a B-side or bonus track. Now I actually think it has potential to be a good album track.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2006, 10:04:19 PM »

Why is everyone ripping apart Jameslofton
Its a forum rule. Jarmo immediately bans you if you dont have at least one Lofton insult in every other post. hihi

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2006, 10:14:24 PM »

Never read that rule....  but well here I go...  BoobieLofton...   Cool
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2006, 01:33:45 PM »

The lyrics are fine. I am not saying this is a pop songs, but a lot of pop songs dont have that many verses or lyrics. People are not used to that with guns n roses so when it happens it seems odd or people dont like it.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: