Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:42:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Riyadh & The Bedouins
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Riyadh & The Bedouins  (Read 7515 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: September 14, 2005, 07:35:54 AM »

I know this song is considered one of the worst GNR songs ever, and I agree with that statement. The consensus is that the music is pretty good and the vocals are absolutely horrible. But forget about that for a second. What is the meaning of this song? Its been 3 years since we heard it, and I still haven't seen an interpretation of those lyrics. I've read these lyrics and I just don't understand what the hell he's trying to convey. As far as I know, there isn't anyone who knows what Axl is talking about. During the short time I was at mygnr, there was a Riyadh thread where a bunch of people were saying how great the song was. I then asked what the song meant, and that simple question literally killed that thread. No one knew. I know there's been Riyadh threads before, but that was just people praising or hating the song. Could someone enlighten me and give a decent interpretation of the song? Is there an obscure Axl interview where he mentions what the song means?

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 08:11:36 AM »

man SHUT UP Angry

cut ya fuckin' cryin', so you crash a bunch of people just 'cause they like Riyadh n' then you think you killed the thread just cause they didnt know what it was about.

What do you care, you dont even like it.

I happen to think the song is AWSOME beer   I dont know what they lyrics mean, n' i dont care, we will find out sooner or later, but i think they fuckin' rule man.

Question, why are the vocals 'absolutley horrible' , they kick arse, i dont know what your problem is Huh

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 08:25:26 AM »

clintron, you need to find someone else to bitch at. You've done this before, and you'll probably do it again. You cussed me out in some thread in The Jungle, and it was pathetic. You say shit that should only be said to someone's face. So unless you plan on visiting Modesto, CA in the near future, you should keep that shit to yourself. I'm not gonna be your whipping boy just because your mad that gunna_girl ended your online love affair so she could be with a real person. Get over it!

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 08:36:46 AM »

clintron, you need to find someone else to bitch at. You've done this before, and you'll probably do it again. You cussed me out in some thread in The Jungle, and it was pathetic. You say shit that should only be said to someone's face. So unless you plan on visiting Modesto, CA in the near future, you should keep that shit to yourself. I'm not gonna be your whipping boy just because your mad that gunna_girl ended your online love affair so she could be with a real person. Get over it!

man get fucked, ive got nothin' to do with her dickhead!!!
she's the one who did all the writing Roll Eyes

nice of you to notice she took an interest in me, jerk off Tongue

anyway, all your post are just about how upset you are with GnR and including stuff like this thread, you fuckin' get over it tough cunt.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 08:41:51 AM by ClintroN » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 08:41:43 AM »

WTF does that have to do with the subject?

I have no idea what the song is about and since I haven't heard a final studio version I won't comment on the vocals or music.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 08:49:43 AM »

"So unless you plan on visiting Modesto, CA in the near future, you should keep that shit to yourself."

You live in Modesto and you don't know how to interpret the allusions in that song?! Tongue
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 08:51:22 AM by mentalradio » Logged
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 08:59:21 AM »

I then asked what the song meant, and that simple question literally killed that thread. No one knew. I know there's been Riyadh threads before, but that was just people praising or hating the song. Could someone enlighten me and give a decent interpretation of the song? Is there an obscure Axl interview where he mentions what the song means?

I would hardly say that the meaning of a song, if it has any at all, has any relevance as to how good or bad a song is. How many people could tell me what "Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots is about? Yet, that was a hugely successful song in it's day. "Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Bob Dylan (I could list a number by Dylan), "Baba O'Riley" by the Who, . . .

As for what is it about? This is pure speculation because I don't have access to the song but it may help your quest . . . I had heard that that Ryiad was originally titled "Oklahoma" which was written around the Oklahoma City Bombing. I am guessing that Axl may have changed the theme of "Oklahoma" from domestic born terrorism to foreign born terrorism. Again, I am saying that purely from the stand point that I heard that Ryiad was originally "Oklahoma".
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 09:23:57 AM »

alternativemonkey, good point about 'Plush'. Maybe Riyadh is GNR's 'Plush'. Cheesy I know how different songs have different meanings for people, I was just curious what people thought this song was about.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 09:36:55 AM »

? James,
 ?I don't dislike Riyadh at all, in fact I think it has potential. ?I dislike Silkworms, but that's neither here nor there.
 ?Personally, I get the overall theme of conflicting faiths, conflicting goals, one's desire to live a happy life alone yet troubled by the undeniable interconnection and interdependence inherent in humanity,...another reason why I love Axl's lyrical genius. ?I really think Axl sees the bigger picture nowadays, and it impresses me. ?He's come a long way from his younger days. ?When all is said and done, Axl's maturation will be one of the big stories when he decides to release himself from this self-imposed exile.

love

PS...and yes, the terrorism link with Oklahoma fits, and speaks to the issues I mentioned above perfectly. ? yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 10:47:03 AM »

James, what a fractured shell of person you are, resigned to creating threads that bash the new songs. Seriously, if you hate it so much, why invest the energy in defending yourself as you inevitably have to in every mindless thread you create.?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 11:33:24 AM »

I love the tune?Although I'm sure that, like already mentioned, what we've heard was noway the completed one, I feel the great energy from the piece.

for now, I decline to the views of both Axl4Prez and alternativemonkey.

For instance, Are you certain about the meaning of the lyrics for kashmere?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 12:10:59 PM »

I think it's a great song, surprisingly good for a song with an industrial edge. It's difficult to make an industrial kind of song which sounds good.
The end is great and powerfull. However, the guitar solo (second part) is a desapointement. It sounds weirdo and totally unapropriate for a GN'R song. Overall it's a good song. I like the Axl's vocal lines, although I don't understand the meaning (English is not my 1st language so i just listen to the melody).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 12:25:47 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 12:25:55 PM »

I know this song is considered one of the worst GNR songs ever, and I agree with that statement. The consensus is that the music is pretty good and the vocals are absolutely horrible. But forget about that for a second. What is the meaning of this song? Its been 3 years since we heard it, and I still haven't seen an interpretation of those lyrics. I've read these lyrics and I just don't understand what the hell he's trying to convey. As far as I know, there isn't anyone who knows what Axl is talking about. During the short time I was at mygnr, there was a Riyadh thread where a bunch of people were saying how great the song was. I then asked what the song meant, and that simple question literally killed that thread. No one knew. I know there's been Riyadh threads before, but that was just people praising or hating the song. Could someone enlighten me and give a decent interpretation of the song? Is there an obscure Axl interview where he mentions what the song means?

Who considers this one of the worst gnr songs ever? Oh you mean YOU think it is. Dont speak for everyone.

Riyadh

Oh-Oh
Ohhhh
Oh, Oh-Oh
Ohhhh
Oh-Oh
Ohhhh
Oh, Oh-Oh

Riyadh and the Bedouins
Had a plan and thought they'd win
But I don?t give a fuck bout them
Cause I am crazy

All my salvation
And all my frustrations
Caught in the lies
No one I love is well Huh
Somewhere in time
Where only I can tell

Ohhhh

Ohhhh
Oh-Oh

Riyadh and the Bedouins
So that?s the world that you came in
I ain?t had enough of them
Who can blame me?

Half the time you never win
Nomads and barbarians
I won?t bend my will to them, you ag-gra-vate me
My salvation
And all my frustrations
Caught in the lie
No one I love is well??
Somewhere in time
Where only I can tell

My salvation
My frustrations
Caught in the lie
If you?re at home as well ??
Somewhere in time
And only I can tell

All my salvation
And all, my frustrations
Caught in the lies
If you?re at home as well
Somewhere in time
There only I can tell

Oh-Oh, Oh
Oh-Oh, Oh
Oh-Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Oh-Oh, Oh-Oh, Oh-Oh, Oh-Oh, Oh

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 12:53:30 PM »

this thread is hilarious!

first off I consider this to be one of the worst gnr song ever, ok to awnser your question
although im reserving final judgement for when a completed studio version is out.

but the thread is about the meaning of the song- which i, nor mr. loften can figure out
now you dont have to know the meaning to like a song to enjoy it (like Plush-  damn thats a good tune aint it)

look at these lyrics ^^^^^    if someone here can go through these lyrics and explain them,  the imagry thats attempted to be shown, the tone.... you know-  those things.  that would be wicked awesome of you pal,  i tried to decipher them-  but i guess my small mind cant figure it out.

peace out lovebirds

FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 01:52:45 PM »

I would hardly say that the meaning of a song, if it has any at all, has any relevance as to how good or bad a song is. How many people could tell me what "Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots is about? Yet, that was a hugely successful song in it's day. "Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Bob Dylan (I could list a number by Dylan), "Baba O'Riley" by the Who, . . .

I remember hearing once that plush was about rape...

For the meaning of rhiad (riyadhasgdmsabskdahbxcgkadhsaghksaga or whatever) just try doing a google search on the name. Im pretty sure it has some historical significance.

poop
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 03:13:26 PM »

I really love this song! For me r&B is realy good rock song= Can`t understand opinions like yours.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 03:31:09 PM »

the sons kicks ass and the vocals are awesome.

you're a fucking crybaby get a life

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 03:35:46 PM »

For the meaning of rhiad (riyadhasgdmsabskdahbxcgkadhsaghksaga or whatever) just try doing a google search on the name. Im pretty sure it has some historical significance.

no that was sex type thing. or so i've read, something like a girl he liked in school got raped by a football player from the same school.

It's funny that people in this section like a song written by that guy from VR  Roll Eyes what is this board coming to?  hihi

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 03:40:35 PM »

I think it's a great song, surprisingly good for a song with an industrial edge. It's difficult to make an industrial kind of song which sounds good.
The end is great and powerfull. However, the guitar solo (second part) is a desapointement. It sounds weirdo and totally unapropriate for a GN'R song. Overall it's a good song. I like the Axl's vocal lines, although I don't understand the meaning (English is not my 1st language so i just listen to the melody).

well ?i love the song. i think the melody and the special "effects" are great combined with axl`s vocals. i have to disagree with your opinion about the solo. i really love it, but since there isn`t a final studio version out there, which we can discuss, but some different low quality (compared to soundboard or studio) live versions, we can`t even really talk about it. i mean there is a version from vegas '01 and some others from '02 and all sound different. ( i like them all by the way ok)

i think the main difference between us is that i like industrial music and you don`t ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2005, 05:14:37 PM »

no that was sex type thing. or so i've read, something like a girl he liked in school got raped by a football player from the same school.

It's funny that people in this section like a song written by that guy from VR  Roll Eyes what is this board coming to?  hihi

ya sex type thing is about rape too. but plush is about it too. especially like, when the dogs begin to smell her, is an allusion to finding the womans body in the woods. i definitely read about it

poop
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: