Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 12:53:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumors of GN'R using studio musicians?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumors of GN'R using studio musicians?  (Read 6628 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2006, 03:43:25 PM »

There have been rumors about "ghosts" on appetite for a long time.  Many will say, "Have you ever heard slash play sweet child solo live and paradise city solo live, never sounds exactly like the album."  Well, there is not doubt it is all Slash.  Just listen to the phrasing he does on his guitar.  Its without a doubt him.  The solo on Sweet Child is focking unbelievable and it is something that probably took him a ton of times to get right for the album.  But in the studio, you have so many chances to get it right.  And at the end of Paradise city his is blazing, maybe Slash's fastest stuff, but it is still Slash's style.  Again, I just think he had times to play it over and over in the studio till he got it perfect.

i don?t remember where i read it, but appetite was actually recorded with max. 3 takes a song

WARose, you are wrong.  The rythym sections were all recorded in three takes.  The solo's were done later.  Ya, slash played them live with the band, but went back to get them write.  He also added the intro to Sweet Child O'mine after they recorded most of the song.  Slash actually had to count back the measures from Axl's lyrics to know when to start playing so that it ended up right.  Remember, they didn't have pro tools back then.  DIDN'T ANYONE HERE BUY THE  THAT CAME OUT JUNE 2002?  It tells all about the recording process.  But yes, they were live takes, and the solo's were put in later.  I think the same could be true for vocals.

yeah i wasn`t sure about that.....   but i guess in your "GUITAR ONE TRIBUTE TO APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION"  was nothing written about some sutdio musicians right? hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2006, 04:54:43 PM »

Remember Slash, said that first the riff was something like a joke for him, but with the pass of time he liked it.   ok

Yeah I remember what he said was to the effect that he still didn't really like it very much but he loved the audiences reaction to it. yes
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2006, 06:10:34 PM »

That's an old rumor rehashed from band to band.  I think the first band I ever heard it attributed to was Aerosmith (for their debut album).
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2006, 07:11:43 PM »

Aerosmith does have studio muscians.  That is a fact.  U2 has guitar players on the side of the stage.  Steve Lukather played solo's for CC Deville.  But nobody played Slash's.  Nobody has any proof anyway.  I mean, he played hard stuff in latter albums with no "ghosts" so why would he have "ghosts" then?  Its focking Slash!  Its not like there was a bunch of tapping or anything crazy.  It was all pretty straight forward.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2006, 09:28:10 PM »

Yep, Slash is slash. 12 hours a day of practicing.  Cool
McDuff
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2006, 01:13:15 AM »

absolute bullshit.

I Agree,I'm a musician and anyway I think most of us know that there's no way in hell anyone could play like the guys could,I don't care what anyone says,there's no way in hell they used studio musicians on AFD.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: