Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Smoke in the hills
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smoke in the hills  (Read 8513 times)
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: January 04, 2006, 04:47:32 AM »

Looking through last weeks nme magazine, and in the back there is an interview with the singer from a band called Towers of London, anyway its all about his reccomandations on music etc, and there is a bit where he is listing his 10 songs of the moment.

At number 6

Somke in the hills--Guns n roses.

He says he was given this at the rainbow bar on sunset, and it is supposed to feature on chinese democracy.

Every other song listed is genuine by genuine bands.

Anyone heard of this, or seen the mention.

Sorry if its dead horse.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 04:53:10 AM »

can you scan the mag or something? sounds cool.

somewhat doubt its real though... but ya never know

EDIT: watch... this thread is gonna be at least 5 pages long by tomorrow lol
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 04:56:10 AM by vasoline73 » Logged

gnrevolution.com
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 04:54:32 AM »

i heard about them before, they sound a lil 2 much like the sex pistols IMO.

i guess Chi Dem is starting to leak it's way out...

Chinese Democracy!
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 04:56:15 AM »

I will see about scanning at work, cant guarentee it tho.
SADIS
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 04:58:55 AM »

Sounds like a pretty easy and nasty way to get some attention for your band.

Don't believe the hype!
shaun
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 07:00:08 AM »

Deep Purple have a track called - Smoke on the Water

Lyrics:
http://www.lyricsdomain.com/4/deep_purple/smoke_on_the_water.html

I agree with the post above Wink
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 07:03:20 AM »

What the hell? Smoke on the Water is one of the most recognizable riffs of all time, it's not like someone would say "Smoke In The Hills" by mistake and even saying it's supposed to be on Chinese Democracy! nervous

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 07:33:41 AM »

I sended of an email to the band Towers of London to ask about it....

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 07:41:39 AM »

i don't think they'll write back...

Chinese Democracy!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 08:28:24 AM »

great! I really like the title! Lets hope its true..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 08:28:56 AM »

What a load of shit. ?Like some random nobody that noone has ever heard of, gets given this new gnr  song at the Rainbow, and no else has even heard of it, that's very unlikely, I mean I doubt the other 10 thousand people who are more likely to have received a new unreleased song by GNR will have been able to keep quiet about it and not have it leaked already. ?This just all sounds like bullshit.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 08:33:05 AM »

What a load of shit.  Like some random nobody that noone has ever heard of, gets given this new gnr  song at the Rainbow, and no else has even heard of it, that's very unlikely, I mean I doubt the other 10 thousand people who are more likely to have received a new unreleased song by GNR will have been able to keep quiet about it and not have it leaked already.  This just all sounds like bullshit.

I dunno about a random nobody. That band is somewhat popular. And its glam influenced.. compared to motley crue a couple of times.. so.. who knows. Im sure he has "connections" just.. not sure if he has "connections" to gnr..

Its possible though. Dont write it off.

gnrevolution.com
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 08:33:24 AM »

Thanks for that. It's good to know that while there's no news we can still learn about other, lesser known, bands and songs. ?Roll Eyes

@#$%Funker
shaun
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 08:41:29 AM »

Thanks for that. It's good to know that while there's no news we can still learn about other, lesser known, bands and songs.  Roll Eyes

@#$%Funker

er... Deep Purple are pretty fucking huge. unlike Guns n'Roses, they are still together  Grin

Deep Purple Live in Japan:
http://www.venco.com.pl/~piotrus/greenpages/deeppurple/livejapan-l.jpg

« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 08:53:37 AM by D0badog » Logged
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 08:45:22 AM »

^^^ Its great to see that people in the world still understand what sarcasm is... o wait, you totally missed the joke. Undecided

gnrevolution.com
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 09:03:01 AM »

i think towers of london most likely said that for attention - they aint that big or that good and i've seen first hand some of their attention seeking antics backstage at this year's Reading festival.  Wouldnt give them much "insider" credit personally.  They WISH they'd heard a new GnR song!  I find it very unlikely.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 09:06:18 AM »

If they are looking for attention then they need some lessons on how to drum up some attention. I can think of a million other ways to get attention that are better than pretending to have an unreleased song from the upcoming GnR album (since, like, no one outside of the hardcore GnR fanbase really gives a crap).
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 10:21:31 AM »

Now I am not saying whether this is true or not because I have not seen this edition of NME and I dont know much about this band either. What pisses me off though is that each time we get a rumour or a snippet of news on a thread there are always a few dickheads who say that its a load of of shit or somebody trying to cause trouble: i.e

i think towers of london most likely said that for attention - they aint that big or that good and i've seen first hand some of their attention seeking antics

or

What a load of shit.? Like some random nobody that noone has ever heard of, gets given this new gnr song at the Rainbow, and no else has even heard of it, that's very unlikely, I mean I doubt the other 10 thousand people who are more likely to have received a new unreleased song by GNR will have been able to keep quiet about it and not have it leaked already.? This just all sounds like bullshit.

etc.... etc....

For fucks sake, why do people have to jump on something that may or may not be true and instead just be gobby opinionated fucks about it? Why not just enjoy reading the rumour and be positive about it? You never know it may be fucking true and then you are gonna look like a right dick! Its sounds like you people just wanna moan about things just for moanings sake! If some of these rumours said things like "Guns n Roses are shit and Axl is an Arsehole" then yeh granted have a moan, I certainly would! But when its potentially something positive about our favourite band then, if you ent got nowt good to say then dont say anything at all!! Just my tuppence worth! Mike
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 10:26:00 AM by 33 » Logged

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 10:44:52 AM »

Now I am not saying whether this is true or not because I have not seen this edition of NME and I dont know much about this band either. What pisses me off though is that each time we get a rumour or a snippet of news on a thread there are always a few dickheads who say that its a load of of shit or somebody trying to cause trouble: i.e

i think towers of london most likely said that for attention - they aint that big or that good and i've seen first hand some of their attention seeking antics

or

What a load of shit.? Like some random nobody that noone has ever heard of, gets given this new gnr song at the Rainbow, and no else has even heard of it, that's very unlikely, I mean I doubt the other 10 thousand people who are more likely to have received a new unreleased song by GNR will have been able to keep quiet about it and not have it leaked already.? This just all sounds like bullshit.

etc.... etc....

For fucks sake, why do people have to jump on something that may or may not be true and instead just be gobby opinionated fucks about it? Why not just enjoy reading the rumour and be positive about it? You never know it may be fucking true and then you are gonna look like a right dick! Its sounds like you people just wanna moan about things just for moanings sake! If some of these rumours said things like "Guns n Roses are shit and Axl is an Arsehole" then yeh granted have a moan, I certainly would! But when its potentially something positive about our favourite band then, if you ent got nowt good to say then dont say anything at all!! Just my tuppence worth! Mike

Just wait utill the rumours are grewing stronger.. and things actually happens.. I guess some people on the messageboards wouldent even belive it when there is official news... But it will be theyr loss..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2006, 10:54:06 AM »

Thanks for that. It's good to know that while there's no news we can still learn about other, lesser known, bands and songs.? Roll Eyes

@#$%Funker

er... Deep Purple are pretty fucking huge. unlike Guns n'Roses, they are still together? Grin

Deep Purple Live in Japan:
http://www.venco.com.pl/~piotrus/greenpages/deeppurple/livejapan-l.jpg

Flip your sarcasm switch on please. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 10:57:31 AM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: