Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:18:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  KLOS
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: KLOS  (Read 6879 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« on: January 05, 2006, 02:09:03 AM »

KLOS 95.5 here in Los Angeles, the only classic rock station in the region was talking about a March release date for CD.  Maybe Slash is right.  They're a respectable station, and their pro Guns, it's not like they were making fun, so maybe this is it.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 02:13:52 AM »

I really think its march. I expect something within the month. (i hope  hihi)

gnrevolution.com
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 02:16:29 AM »

I hope its CD but if anything is going to happen its probably an announcement. In any event anything positive ocurring in march would be fine by me.  Smiley
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 02:23:05 AM »

IF March is the month, we will find out on Superbowl Sunday. Not at the halftime show, but a commercial announcing the date for Chinese Democracy. There's no way in hell Interscope will pass up the opportunity to advertise the release date to a billion people. No CD Superbowl commercial=No CD in first half of 2006. ok

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 02:31:43 AM »

Hm.. superbowl.. feb 5th... mark your calendars folks. you really think its a 100% though if its coming in march? i know its important.. but THAT important?

gnrevolution.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 02:37:16 AM »

Hm.. superbowl.. feb 5th... mark your calendars folks. you really think its a 100% though if its coming in march? i know its important.. but THAT important?
Yes. Interscope/Sanctuary/Axl need as many people as possible knowing about CD's release date. Since most people dont care like they used to, the Superbowl is the best opportunity they have to promote it worldwide at the same time. A commercial would only cost one or two million. Thats why movies are always promoted during the Superbowl, it gets the news out quickly, and the news spreads around the globe. Monday morning's top stories would be the Chicago Bears Superbowl victory and the release date of Chinese Democracy.

You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 07:11:34 AM »

Me thinks March = Single

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 07:24:15 AM »

Me thinks March= Album  Cool

gnrevolution.com
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 08:19:12 AM »

Me thinks this conversation will repeat next year.
Me hopes to be wrong

Chinese Democracy!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 08:21:49 AM »

This has been happening to many times now! Give us the announcement!  peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 10:18:48 AM »

KLOS 95.5 here in Los Angeles, the only classic rock station in the region was talking about a March release date for CD.? Maybe Slash is right.?

Or maybe they read the news online.

News travels fast. This thing has even made it into some newspapers outside of USA. So why wouldn't a radio station pick it up....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 10:24:10 AM »

Yes. Interscope/Sanctuary/Axl need as many people as possible knowing about CD's release date. Since most people dont care like they used to, the Superbowl is the best opportunity they have to promote it worldwide at the same time. A commercial would only cost one or two million. Thats why movies are always promoted during the Superbowl, it gets the news out quickly, and the news spreads around the globe. Monday morning's top stories would be the Chicago Bears Superbowl victory and the release date of Chinese Democracy.

?James is right...well everything except the Bears victory in the Super Bowl. ? hihi
While I think they'll get there, I can't see the AFC losing (Indy, Den, or Pitt that is)

?Now, when it comes to Super Bowl talk and GNR, someone always gets mad and thinks it's ridiculous. ?I don't think it's so far-fetched. ?We all know Axl's a sports fan. ?We all know he wore officially licensed NFL jerseys throughout the '02 Tour. ?We all know he was actually at the Super Bowl a few years back. ?Add to that the timing of the new rumored release date makes it more likely this year than ever. ? peace ? If it happens, I'll be going crazy!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 10:33:39 AM »

Me thinks March= Album  Cool

Me think you're wrong.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 10:43:07 AM »

It MAY be released in March, but there (just my prediction) there WON'T be a Super Bowl commercial.  I hate when that's even brought up.  I'm not sure how it is around the world, but in the U.S, think about it:  How many "new album" commercials do you see for bands?  The only ones that I can think of is for some shitty rap albums, that look like they cost like $1.50 to produce. 

And even then, I can only think of a couple I saw this past year:  Eminem's Greatest Hits, and one other one where I just remember the announcer yelling "Yo Yo, the new album drops..." but then I immediately tuned it out because it was so annoying.

So I'm hoping that there ISN'T a commercial for the album. 

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 10:51:18 AM »

I respect you chineseblues,  but explain what would make you think otherwise.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 10:51:59 AM »

?Television advertising will be crucial to increased sales of CD. ?I can remember 3 music ads from the past year: ?U2, Eminem, and Usher. ?Axl and GNR are big enough names to warrant the same type of tratment. ?Nothing could be better than Super Bowl Sunday when people (guys AND girls) actually run back into the room to watch the commercials! ?It would be well worth the cost. ? peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 10:52:30 AM »

nothing new. they're just getting the same info we did (later than us) and presenting it as fact.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 10:56:10 AM »

never mind then, another false hope CRUSHED! hihi

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 11:09:09 AM »

BUT....Wasn't the U2 album a tie-in with the new ipod or something?

Sorry I'm a little biased here.  I work on this stuff on a daily basis, and I've yet to see a memorable commercial for an album. 
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 11:19:56 AM »

It MAY be released in March, but there (just my prediction) there WON'T be a Super Bowl commercial.? I hate when that's even brought up.? I'm not sure how it is around the world, but in the U.S, think about it:? How many "new album" commercials do you see for bands??
So I'm hoping that there ISN'T a commercial for the album.?

Right on. Do you have any idea how much $$$ it costs to advertise a 30 second commercial on Super bowl Sunday? No chance in hell that they shell out that kind of $$ for a mention of a new CD by GnR.
And I agree with Jarmo. It's likely that radio stations have picked up the March rumor from the internet, as it's been posted here, at Metal Sludge and I'm sure several other rock sites as well.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: