Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 05:18:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pro 'New' Guns N'Roses DJ's
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro 'New' Guns N'Roses DJ's  (Read 13325 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2006, 07:48:18 PM »

Not that I think that Axl needs any help finding DJs he'd want to give interviews to but the obvious one would be Tommy's friend Joe Sib from Indie 103.1 Complete Control

DJ:? And you were saying off the air that he's ah... Axl's is just being great to you... just taking care of you.

TOMMY:? Absolutely!? And I wanna... Totally...

DJ:? Good guy?

TOMMY:? Very good guy.? He's good to me.

DJ:? Can we get him on my show?? Could he come on?? Axl Rose/Joe Sib hangin' out...

TOMMY:? I don't know.? I'll drop it in his ear, dude.

DJ:? Could you do that?

TOMMY:? I could try.

DJ:? I could tell you right now... If I brought Axl Rose on Complete Control I would have to wear a diaper!

TOMMY:? (Laughs)

DJ:? Dude... I would trip out because... I mean Guns N' Rose, man.? That was like... dude, you remember... I had long hair.? I even dyed it blonde, I think, for a little while man.? I was into it... seriously.

TOMMY:? (Laughs)? Oh you're bustin' me right now... gonna make me pee in my pants.

end quote

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2006, 07:58:08 PM »

If you were Axl Rose, would you prefer to be asked questions by people that respect you, or people that disrescpect you

No offense, but are you fucking kidding me?

Drawing battle lines with DJ's of influence who might not have been sypathetic/supportive is absolute idiocy.?

He better man up and take on all comers, the main goal is to get the music heard and then let the chips fall where they may.?

Minds can be changed, perceptions can't.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2006, 07:59:48 PM »

i listen to the rock 106.98 but yea every now n then i puton 99.1 and 99.9 107.3 is ok but i love 106 they play a ton of kick ass music. And its all rock a lot of new and a lot of old. The dj's can be funny somtimes too.

But they do play a lot of gnr mostly at night like around 5pm - 11 ive heard it a lot but then they stoped and started again.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 08:01:21 PM by Colt 1911 » Logged
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2006, 08:11:01 PM »

well, in Brazil all the rock n roll radio stations in S?o Paulo that I know will be pleased to talk to Axl when he come back, I mean, jokes about the new album are not "news" for a Guns fan and I think Axl hymself knows that

btw, if it will end like the street team thing, people will become to get exciting, starting some revolutions pro GNR and then... you know... errr  drool

Chief
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2006, 08:15:48 PM »

Jim Ladd - 95.5 KLOS - Los Angeles

He's interviewed Slash and seems to dig the band and plays a good bit of them on his show sometimes.  In fact he's probably one of the last DJ's who actually is creative with his sets and doesn't play all that many radio "standards".
Seems like there are at least 1 or 2 more that are pro GNR, including I think the guy who does the "7th day" program on sundays where they play full albums, but I can't remember their names for sure right now.
Also, I've heard GNR on the live concerts program where they did played part of the Paris 92 show and the Ritz 88 show sometime in the past year.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 08:36:55 PM »

The morning show on Orlando's 101.1 (www.realrock1011.com) is called The Fiasco.  The three DJs' names are Taco Bob, Pat Lynch and Lana.  Lana used to be a GNR groupie and talks about it all the time.  She loves GNR.  The other two have had only good things to say about Axl as well.

On another note, they have an afternoon DJ whose name is Buckethead.  He love GNR too.

I have to agree with the poster above though, these seems ridiculous to me.  Just interview with the big stations regardless of how they feel about you.  The music needs to do the talking man.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 09:38:16 PM »

If you were Axl Rose, would you prefer to be asked questions by people that respect you, or people that disrescpect you

Drawing battle lines with DJ's of influence who might not have been sypathetic/supportive is absolute idiocy.?

He better man up and take on all comers, the main goal is to get the music heard and then let the chips fall where they may.?

my point exactly - someone please address this

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 09:53:12 PM »

Perhaps it would be best to seek out reasoning/rational/neutral DJs and press? As opposed to pro or anti or whatever. The job of the press is to inform in a neutral fashion - youre not going to get the best story or interview from an asskisser who only asks easy or soft questions
Good point. ok I dont really wanna hear a line of questioning like "Hey Axl, whats your favorite color?". If Axl cant answer the tough questions, I recommend that he doesn't do interviews.

RichardNixon
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2006, 10:45:16 PM »

If the new CD comes out and Axl makes the round, pretty much all the DJ's will be pro-Axl, they're pretty fickle that way. I live around Boston and for the record WAAF sucks big fat hairy monkey nuts. But as soon as as Axl comes around, they'll stop sucking Godsmack and Creed's dick for 10 minutes and give Axl a blow.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2006, 10:53:37 PM »

I am a Announcer for WTNS FM 99.3 Coshocton Ohio. Covering east central Ohio. Every night at 11 during my shift (sun thru fri) I end the night with a Guns N Roses song. I am known around the area as the Guns N Roses guy.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2006, 06:11:27 AM »

In France, the band should talk to Francis Zegut on RTL2. He leans a little more on the Slash side and doesn't kiss ass, but he's extremely fair and has a vast knowledge in all types of music (unlike most DJs). He also works for cable TV.

As for the US, I've said it before and I'll say it again : they should do Rockline with Bob Coburn. Smart guy with relevant questions.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2006, 08:25:16 AM »

Indeed very strange - Axl needs to grow a pair if he can't handle a few DJ's who make jokes (invariable about his cowardly nature)

Also, I find all this a little suspect, I seem to remember 'street teams' as another task we were set to do.

Only so much a fan can accept before it seems like they are being played for fools

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2006, 08:40:24 AM »

Maybe Mysteron didn't word his question right. IMO, it's not really a matter of being pro or anti GN'R, but rather being professional and fair people who know what they're talking about. I'm sure Axl wouldn't necessarily like a DJ to kiss his ass, but I can also understand why he wouldn't want to talk to stupid hacks, even if they're influential in the radio business.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 09:17:57 AM »

That was exactly what I thought when I read that. If true, it could show just how fragile his mental state is now. If he can't take any anit-GNR talk, he might as well just stay locked up in house like he has been.

Also, what makes anyone think he's going to listen to what any of us have to say about DJs? When was the last time he listened to or showed that he cared for any fans? Hell, he couldn't even answer/respond to the ten questions from a year or two ago. Now he's looking for advise from us? Hell fuckin' no he's not. Considering what happened with the street teams, I'm really staring to question what mysteron is doing.

redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2006, 09:18:39 AM »

Up here in Canada, 97.7 Hitz FM have always been pro-GNR, they play alot of their music and most of the DJ's are pretty good about reporting the rumours that we see, but are quick to mention that they are just that, rumours.

It seems that in general, GNR have a pretty good following up here, and I'm sure the response to the new album will be great

Bitch slap rappin'
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2006, 09:20:49 AM »

Philippe Manoeuvre!? hihi
More seriously, Francis Zegut is probably the best Rock Journalist in France, he is really great, serious, professional, he is the French Kurt Loder. He has a great reputation here in France. Definitely the best here.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 09:24:01 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2006, 09:31:21 AM »

i know personaly Francis Zegut and he was (i think he stills in his heart) a huge Guns N'Roses fan.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2006, 04:00:56 PM »

As for the US, I've said it before and I'll say it again : they should do Rockline with Bob Coburn. Smart guy with relevant questions

Man how did I forget Rockline? That should definetly be a stop on the press junket---Coburn has a vast rock knolwedge!

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2006, 04:06:20 PM »

is this thread supposed to give us hope ? like mysteron is collecting info and handin it to axls management  Roll Eyes

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2006, 04:16:50 PM »

Spot on, as usual. Axl is going to need these DJs a lot more than they need him.

You're a funny guy, Mysteron. What, do you think that somehow it's some sort of "reward" to be granted an interview with Axl Rose? Maybe to some podunk nobody DJ but to the Howard Sterns, Jim Ladds, etc... of the world? Yea, right.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: