Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 05:20:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hit 3 times in May/june, Axl
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hit 3 times in May/june, Axl  (Read 4698 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: January 03, 2006, 11:54:12 AM »

DVC Soundtrack -? Rock in Rio - album release
This band needs promotion.

I think the album should be "pushed" by other elements to make a bigger impact, like a big snowball effect. Hit a 1st time, then hit a second time, then hit a third time with the final album release. Doing that before the summer holidays is a great thing, don't you remember the summer'88 (AFD erea) or the summer 91 (UYI erea + T2) and the Summer'92 (European Tour erea, Freddy Mercury's tribute,? Paris show, November rain Video).
I can't see a better thing to do? Cool
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 08:26:07 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 12:06:28 PM »

DVC Soundtrack -? Rock in Rio - album release

I think the album should be "pushed" by other elements to make a bigger impact, like a big snowball effect. Doing that before the summer holidays is a great thing, don't you remember the summer'88 (AFD erea) or the summer 91 (UYI erea + T2) and the Summer'92 (European Tour erea, Freddy Mercury's tribute,? Paris show, November rain Video). Will we have a Hot summer?

I believe that's one strategy that has been considered.

Singles tend to be released at least 2 weeks before the album is and songs from films tend to be released about a week before the film. Either way singles are normally on the radio about 3 weeks before they are actually released. Meaning that if the album is due end of May we'll have a single on the radios by end of April building up promotion for both the album and the DVC possibly.

The Da Vinci Code is set to come out on 19th May in the US and UK.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 12:54:58 PM »

I think thats a wrong order nesquik, first a single......then the album.....after that go on tour. Why? To let the album sink in to the masses. So that the fans can sing allong with the new songs. Otherwise you might not get the crowd responding the way you want too. Ofcourse, hardcore fans will go crazy if they hear something new, but the general public will be like "was that a new song?....umm cool".........so let it sink in first........If they go on stage you'll hope they play a certain new gnr tune of Chinese Democracy. If they then play it and you'll know the song and all would be much much cooler.

So like giger said, first a single....then the album....and do the touring after that. But what do I know...? Wink

« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 01:05:35 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 01:30:29 PM »

well, in 1991, GN'R toured 9 month before the Use Your illusion albums were released. They started tourig in january, and the albums went out in september: the gigs were sold out and the sales were phenomenal. There is no order, as long as you have those 3 combinaisons.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 01:33:41 PM by nesquick » Logged

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 01:59:39 PM »

well, in 1991, GN'R toured 9 month before the Use Your illusion albums were released. They started tourig in january, and the albums went out in september: the gigs were sold out and the sales were phenomenal. There is no order, as long as you have those 3 combinaisons.

The band that released UYI had already released one of the greatest albums of all time. It's a completely different band now and therefore a completely different situation. The 2002 proved that GnR need an album out before they tour now. Comparing GnR now to GnR in 1991 is ridiculous - they were the biggest band in the world in 1991!
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 02:03:09 PM »

isnt axl lucky to have such a large marketing team here on the internet? and for free!!!!!!!!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 02:32:17 PM »

isnt axl lucky to have such a large marketing team here on the internet? and for free!!!!!!!!!

I was just thinking the same thing  rofl

But then again, Axl "learns whats going on in his own band" from the internet all the time hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 06:15:46 PM »

Times have changed now man, with the internet and all.

If GN'R play all of their new songs on the new tour (since they only played 5/6 on the 2002 tour) they will all be leaked on the internet.

This could be bad as it takes away all the surprise of the long-awaited Chinese Democracy but could be good as it gets lots of free publicity.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 06:32:08 PM »

Times have changed now man, with the internet and all.

If GN'R play all of their new songs on the new tour (since they only played 5/6 on the 2002 tour) they will all be leaked on the internet.

This could be bad as it takes away all the surprise of the long-awaited Chinese Democracy but could be good as it gets lots of free publicity.
Basically, because of the internet,? just play 2 or 3 new songs we still don't know at Rio (well Lisbon), create a buzz, and 2 weeks later release the album. BUT...here is the idea: during these 2 weeks, between the new songs at RIR and the album release, create a new website! Hold people, hold their attention. Don't let the pressure down, even during 2 weeks.
Those combinaisons should happen in a short period of time: between 6 and 8 weeks. No more. Perfect timing.

lol? Smiley
Also learn one thing: The penury creates frustration and increases the sales. ex: Star Wars a couple of years ago. Release limited edition of Chinese Democracy, like "gold" edition, or signed edition by the bandmembers, maybe 1 thousand, no more. or with a bonus track, hiden track. There are tons of ideas for this album. almost 4 years later, I still don't understand the promotion strategy of 2002. I'm sorry, but it was just mistakes after mistakes after mistakes (exept the VMA, wich was an exelent idea). this is not how a band like GN'R should be promoted. As a fan, I just put my ideas on the table...we don't know...maybe someone will read them and pass the message to Merck. Like the fans album covers, some were fantastic.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 07:13:43 PM by nesquick » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 06:49:31 PM »

IMO, they should create a new website before the first single. Then, release a small preview (~15 seconds) of the song on the site. Everybody will shit in the pants and it will create a huge buzz on the internet. Then, release the full track on Itunes at the same time it hit the radios.

After that, a cover in Rolling Stone and a huge interview with Axl to Kurt Loder on MTV, leaking some info about the album (cover, some of the songs, some clips of the other new songs). Give the release date - finally!!

Release a statement with the full tracklist, the cover in high resolution, some pics of the band and you know, some explanations...

Then, rule the world! hihi

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 06:50:55 PM »

IMO, they should create a new website before the first single. Then, release a small preview (~15 seconds) of the song on the site. Everybody will shit in the pants and it will create a huge buzz on the internet. Then, release the full track on Itunes at the same time it hit the radios.

After that, a cover in Rolling Stone and a huge interview with Axl to Kurt Loder on MTV, leaking some info about the album (cover, some of the songs, some clips of the other new songs). Give the release date - finally!!

Release a statement with the full tracklist, the cover in high resolution, some pics of the band and you know, some explanations...

I like this one  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 06:53:57 PM »

good idea. Those 15 seconds should be spectacular, like a studio version of Axl's IRS long scream, or a killer guitar solo or a chorus. You know, something that would get the attention...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 07:14:27 PM by nesquick » Logged

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 02:34:13 AM »

i just want an album. I think I speak for all the fans when I say our fucking heads would blow up waiting for Chinese Democracy if Axl took like 6 months to promote it first.

Then again, it would increase sales..

I guess us fans could wait just a bitttttttttttttt longer

gnrevolution.com
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 10:13:09 AM »

I like this one  ok

Me too  beer

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 10:42:01 AM »

VoodooChild, I've been sayin' this stuff for a long time as well.  Anything less than the cover of Rolling Stone along with an exclusive interview would be shitty. 

You're exactly right when it comes to 1:Single, 2:Album, 3:Tour.  1991 was completely different.  AFD and Lies were only 3 and 4 years old at the time, and extremely popular.

I started a thread a while back about betting on release dates, tongue in cheek of course, but seriously, I would bet alot of money 2006 is the year.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 11:19:39 AM »

Forget march, it's too soon. Remember this topic, because May/June may be the real deal.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 11:27:27 AM »

The album wont be stage one!
There are alot of interesting things that should happen before the album will b e released
Press Release
Website update
Single /Music video
Interviews
Maybe some shows.
Tv Apperence!
Then after some Buzz the album will be release..
So if the album should be released in March! The buzz should start very soon!
If the Album will be released in May June.. still we should hear something verrry soon!

So.. I will say, things will begin when stage one starts!
The thing that will happen before the album is released could be as interesting as the things after the release..

Nytunz

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 02:59:26 PM »

Well, if this abortion does get released this year, and their is a subsequent tour, i think he should go the VR route and do a small club tour in the US and Europe before trying to play areana's like he did in 2002
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 06:59:54 AM »

Are there some people who ACTUALLY want Axl to tour before the album comes out?  confused

That blows me away.

One fucking big announcment, one fuckin preformance, and the the album. THEN tour. Jesus.

If one thing went wrong in the "pre-album tour" Chinese Democracy would be delayed AGAIN (ala 2002). I just want the album man.

gnrevolution.com
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 07:25:52 AM »

I think the safest way to do it would to release the album first than tour for it right away..Like someone mentioned already the Chinese Democracy World Tour ended up fucked.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: