Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 11:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  slash says chinese democracy starts in march
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: slash says chinese democracy starts in march  (Read 101417 times)
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #380 on: January 07, 2006, 06:19:12 PM »

I wonder if anyone else has quoted this yet. Call me crazy, but if it hasn't been posted, I thought I'd put forth:

With the title being "Chinese Democracy", the Tianammen date is April 22. And the peak time of the workers strike was May 18/19-would this have anything to do?. Slash throwing a date of March-maybe this would be a release for a single? Then have the album release on the anniversary of the Square or the Workers strike?

Completely random thought. But I was just reading Toffler's "Powershift" and it clicked in me head.

Also, back in Dec 02, at MSG, Axl said "See you next summer!". Could the release have been April or May 03 and a summer 03 tour would have happened?

Back under the rock I go.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #381 on: January 07, 2006, 06:33:54 PM »

You forgot the media, kv.

Mysteron, I have a board. I know how people deal with this kind of frustration... I didn't say it was Axl's problem, though.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #382 on: January 07, 2006, 06:57:31 PM »

Of course not. But was his choice to say something about this album. He knows if it turns out to be wrong, everybody would blame Axl, not him.

Also, the subject wasn't brought by the DJ, Slash could have only talked about the new band. But he wanted to talk about Chinese in march and talked like it was for real this time. Well, either he is just naive or he didn't care much to say something not so reliable just to laugh about it later.
why would people blame axl if what he said was wrong?? Not like he said axl told him.. ANyways by now the blame has been on axl already even if he never mentioned it
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #383 on: January 07, 2006, 06:58:54 PM »

Also, back in Dec 02, at MSG, Axl said "See you next summer!". Could the release have been April or May 03 and a summer 03 tour would have happened?

there's a quote running out there where axl said something about several albums an dtouring like the illusions with "short" breaks in between, like tour the winter then a spring or summer tour then rest etc.. 
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #384 on: January 07, 2006, 07:43:31 PM »

why would people blame axl if what he said was wrong?? Not like he said axl told him.. ANyways by now the blame has been on axl already even if he never mentioned it
You already said the answer. If nothing happens again, who's to blame?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #385 on: January 07, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »

You already said the answer. If nothing happens again, who's to blame?

I'm saying axl is already to blame because of his saying things about cd already.. No one is going to give direct blame if what slash said is not true.... I'm still waiting for axl next summer that he said in 02
Forever Axl
Opening Act

FOREVER AXL

« Reply #386 on: January 07, 2006, 10:42:14 PM »

This is amazing news, It's great to hear Slash talking so highly about Axl, and it's awesome to know that he's not saying fucked up things about Axl, the future seems to be looking bright for GNR so glad that Slash brought up Chinese Democracy!? ok

....Welcome to the Jungle....
~*~ Axl ROCKS my WORLD! ~*~
-Forever A Proud Axl Fan
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #387 on: January 07, 2006, 11:45:21 PM »

each day that goes by without hearing anything off the GNR camp makes me think less of what slash said.i think if its true about march for an album or a single then we sould hear very soon but till then,im gonna treat this like any rumour.but i still have my fingers crossed.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #388 on: January 07, 2006, 11:50:57 PM »

I think my promise of give beer to everyone in here when CD is release is coming true!  peace
I just cross my fingers so it makes real, also i made a shrine with a candle so CD gets release  Grin

No man can be my equal
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #389 on: January 08, 2006, 05:50:25 AM »

So, why not just shut up untill is 100% sure?

Because then we wouldnt hear shit from anybody and this site would be dead by now. Thats why.

gnrevolution.com
Evolution
« Reply #390 on: January 08, 2006, 06:01:15 AM »

I think my promise of give beer to everyone in here when CD is release is coming true!  peace

Im gonna hold you to that one  Wink
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #391 on: January 08, 2006, 06:32:08 AM »

well it's the second week of january, if we were getting a march release I think something would be said damn quick or it isn't going down
Jonathan
« Reply #392 on: January 08, 2006, 06:47:03 AM »

You are right.

Does 'Chinese Democracy' come out in march? I don't think so, but if it does they must have some damn fast and good promotion for it.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #393 on: January 08, 2006, 08:51:26 AM »

What makes Slash's comments interesting is the fact that the trial is scheduled to begin on March 28th.

These two events in the GNR world cannot happen in the same month, it's impossible. Slash saying these things gives hope that an out-of-court settlement isn't far off, though.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #394 on: January 08, 2006, 09:47:07 AM »

well it's the second week of january, if we were getting a march release I think something would be said damn quick or it isn't going down

Stop thinking March... start thinking May.

Bands that are releasing albums in April are making press releases at the moment.

So if it's coming in May (in time for Rock in Rio and the Da Vinci Code soundtrack) then we'll hear about it in February/March.
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #395 on: January 08, 2006, 10:35:21 AM »

This is amazing news, It's great to hear Slash talking so highly about Axl, and it's awesome to know that he's not saying fucked up things about Axl, the future seems to be looking bright for GNR so glad that Slash brought up Chinese Democracy!  ok

Do you really think he would say someting bad aboot axl in public?? No he says so much shit about him behind doors most of which gets put out but not many see it.  And he is to blame if it doesnt come out bc axl said see ya next summer not CDs out next summmer. We havent heard from him in like 3yrs so i dont see how you blame him.
JAC185
« Reply #396 on: January 08, 2006, 11:41:27 AM »

This is amazing news, It's great to hear Slash talking so highly about Axl, and it's awesome to know that he's not saying fucked up things about Axl, the future seems to be looking bright for GNR so glad that Slash brought up Chinese Democracy!? ok

Do you really think he would say someting bad aboot axl in public?? No he says so much shit about him behind doors most of which gets put out but not many see it.? And he is to blame if it doesnt come out bc axl said see ya next summer not CDs out next summmer. We havent heard from him in like 3yrs so i dont see how you blame him.

I'm glad you know Slash so well.

I think people are annoyed because he said see ya next summer and they didnt.

Obviously people thought the 'Chinese Democracy World Tour' was to promote the album in the relatively near future. However Axl never said anything remotely close to this (as far as im aware). However the things they did get from Axl e.g 'see ya next summer' didn't happen either.

I think some fans hear one statement from Axl or Slash that wasnt true and hold it against them for eternity.

Slash made it pretty obvious that he was saying that from what he has heard it would appear that Chinese Democracy (he doesn't even name it, the DJ has to prompt him to confirm it is CD) is coming out in March.
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #397 on: January 08, 2006, 01:47:15 PM »

yea and axl said soon wasnt the word he said it would be a while so wtf is everyone bitching about the time and what axl said. Bc axl never said next year (2003 or 04 or 05 or 06) he never gave a fucking date. And why be glad he brought it up it was just so ppl would be like omg slash said somthing about cd good about axl just so ppl will listen to vr and ge some sttention. Look at the law suit and the shit he said like axl did even write the songs it was all them and he would make shit up abou8t what they were about. yea slash has some really good things to say about axl.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #398 on: January 08, 2006, 01:47:30 PM »

Slash is too professional to criticise Axl in public.

I wish the same could be said about Axl.
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #399 on: January 08, 2006, 02:36:20 PM »

hes said shit about axl in public. And axl didnt say anything bad about slash in public he said whats going on and how he and duff as fucked bi time but never made shit up or talked shit abut him liuke slas has.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: