Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  slash says chinese democracy starts in march
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: slash says chinese democracy starts in march  (Read 101530 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #280 on: January 04, 2006, 01:22:17 PM »

It's a sad state of affairs when the only mutterings about the new GNR are from a member of the old GNR. no

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #281 on: January 04, 2006, 01:31:43 PM »

The interviewer also gave out some info about Buckethead. Saying he looks like a regular kinda guy without all the hair and stuff. I had wondered if Buckethead wears a wig. Guess he does Wink

He doesnt. Believe me , he really doesnt.

btw , at the start of the interview slash doesnt say he's "laquered" drunk of whatever , he says "accolades" cause the guy was praising him up.

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2006, 01:38:49 PM »

Aynone have a link to the interview?

I looked on the website of the radio station and there was no link, that was 2 days ago
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2006, 01:41:39 PM »

What if Axl and Slash called a truce? Imagine Axl joining VR on stage for a song? Axl N' Weiland dueting "Used to Love Her?"

Yeah, he'll come on stage in August at the STP VR show in honor of Weiland rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2006, 01:52:54 PM »

I looked on the website of the radio station and there was no link, that was 2 days ago

Slash with Matt Cord
Wed, 04 Jan 2006 01:58:53 GMT
WMMR MMArchives
http://www.gmppodcast.com/tabid/58/mid/380/ItemId/157/default.aspx

Matt Cord interviewed Slash before the Velvet Revolver show at the Borgata
Plus he got some inside dirt on Axl and the new Guns 'n Roses album...

http://www.wmmr.com/extra05.shtml

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 01:54:44 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2006, 01:56:57 PM »

What's wrong with Slash? First he said that never talk to Axl in 10 years and then now he says Chinese Democracy sound awesome?? WTF??

I think he wanted to be back in the band.. becoz VR will never produce an album that will get everyone attention and will never get a music awards.

He left GNR long time ago and he did not trust AXl at that time. I believe that he has listen to some CD songs as he still has some share in the GNR name. And after listening to these songs, he said CD will be great. What?s this suppose to mean?? He wanted AXL to call the truce and be invited to re-join the band??

AXL is not stupid. After 13 years of hard work and then Slash is welcome back. NO WAY!!

As for you guys who dislike Buckethead, What?s wrong with him?? Just because he wears a bucket and a mask?? We live in a free world.. He can do anything he wants. Do you also criticize Elton John because he married to a man???

We are not living in the 18th Century Idiots!!

I?m sorry Buckethead is not with GNR anymore. I really admire his guitar works.
I guess things just didn?t work out for him and GNR. Well everyone?s not perfect remember.

Actually....VR won a GRAMMY for Best hard Rock Performance.....something GnR never did win
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2006, 02:08:05 PM »

What's wrong with Slash? First he said that never talk to Axl in 10 years and then now he says Chinese Democracy sound awesome?? WTF??

I think he wanted to be back in the band.. becoz VR will never produce an album that will get everyone attention and will never get a music awards.

He left GNR long time ago and he did not trust AXl at that time. I believe that he has listen to some CD songs as he still has some share in the GNR name. And after listening to these songs, he said CD will be great. What?s this suppose to mean?? He wanted AXL to call the truce and be invited to re-join the band??

AXL is not stupid. After 13 years of hard work and then Slash is welcome back. NO WAY!!

As for you guys who dislike Buckethead, What?s wrong with him?? Just because he wears a bucket and a mask?? We live in a free world.. He can do anything he wants. Do you also criticize Elton John because he married to a man???

I guess things just didn?t work out for him and GNR. Well everyone?s not perfect remember.

Actually....VR won a GRAMMY for Best hard Rock Performance.....something GnR never did win

linkin park won one,  Tongue are you saying linkin park is better than gnr  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2006, 02:11:50 PM »

Slash: I think the only guy I didn't know was Buckethead, cause' he sort of had a mystique, you know that I, that I wasn't familiar with
It confirms that Buckethead was (and sill is) an unknown artist, even in the music business. He is an absolute anti-success guy, a guy who has never interested people and never will.
Anyway, Slash sounds good to me in that interview. Cool to hear him again. Cool

I don't think this is right. Bucket was lined up to play for Ozzy before he got in that  ATV accident. He doesn't mind playing with his heroes and isn't afraid of success. Most people just don't understand his performance art.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #288 on: January 04, 2006, 02:12:36 PM »

Slash with Matt Cord
Wed, 04 Jan 2006 01:58:53 GMT
WMMR MMArchives
http://www.gmppodcast.com/tabid/58/mid/380/ItemId/157/default.aspx

Matt Cord interviewed Slash before the Velvet Revolver show at the Borgata
Plus he got some inside dirt on Axl and the new Guns 'n Roses album...

http://www.wmmr.com/extra05.shtml

/jarmo
what's a dirt? is it a special information? a confidential one?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #289 on: January 04, 2006, 02:17:05 PM »

Slash: I think the only guy I didn't know was Buckethead, cause' he sort of had a mystique, you know that I, that I wasn't familiar with
It confirms that Buckethead was (and sill is) an unknown artist, even in the music business. He is an absolute anti-success guy, a guy who has never interested people and never will.

I don't think this is right. Bucket was lined up to play for Ozzy before he got in that  ATV accident. He doesn't mind playing with his heroes and isn't afraid of success. Most people just don't understand his performance art.

Let's not forget that Axl Rose hand picked him to be in his re-tooled Guns N Roses lineup.

Also , SOAD's singer Serj has begged bucket for years to record an album with him which they did in 05 , "Buckehead and Friends - Enter The Chicken"

To say Bucket doesnt interest people is silly ... just bear in mind that buckethead doesnt write bubblegum pop music for the radio and for these same reasons some of the best guitar players in the world such as satch and vai are also relative unknowns.

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: January 04, 2006, 02:24:16 PM »

"Chinese Democracy" is mostly forgotten throughout the media.?

Is that why the New York Times wrote an article about it in March 2005?

/jarmo

Key word:? mostly? ok

Well, if you remember, that article wasn't exactly complimentary and sure got a stron rebuttale from Merck Grin
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #291 on: January 04, 2006, 02:31:41 PM »

linkin park won one,? Tongue are you saying linkin park is better than gnr? hihi

Not in the least, I was commenting on a this false statement "VR will never produce an album that will get everyone attention and will never get a music awards." 

Personally I like GnR best from the Lies and AFD days; I think they got a little bloated during the Illusion albums
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #292 on: January 04, 2006, 02:33:34 PM »

I don't think this is right. Bucket was lined up to play for Ozzy before he got in that? ATV accident. He doesn't mind playing with his heroes and isn't afraid of success. Most people just don't understand his performance art.

I read an interview with Ozzy where he would've only if Bucket lost the bucket and mask and Bucketface wouldn't, so he didn't.  I don't think the ATV accident had anything to do with it
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #293 on: January 04, 2006, 03:08:25 PM »

Let's not forget that Axl Rose hand picked him to be in his re-tooled Guns N Roses lineup.

Also , SOAD's singer Serj has begged bucket for years to record an album with him which they did in 05 , "Buckehead and Friends - Enter The Chicken"

To say Bucket doesnt interest people is silly ... just bear in mind that buckethead doesnt write bubblegum pop music for the radio and for these same reasons some of the best guitar players in the world such as satch and vai are also relative unknowns.

good post Saul beer
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #294 on: January 04, 2006, 03:08:44 PM »

Sorry could someone explain the ATV Accident please?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #295 on: January 04, 2006, 03:20:33 PM »

Sorry could someone explain the ATV Accident please?

Ozzy Injured In ATV Accident

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/10/entertainment/main587724.shtml

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #296 on: January 04, 2006, 03:51:06 PM »

This story has been picked up by 2 danish websites...

They are not posting many things about GNR, so this is big!!! ok

http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=328560

http://gaffa.dk/nyheder/view.php/news_id=14719
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 03:59:24 PM by DemocracyRose » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #297 on: January 04, 2006, 04:13:59 PM »

yeah!

This is the most interesting part of it all Jarmo!
It really sounds like he knows something.. and not even a bad word against Axl! Only Good words! This i like!

No, This I Love...  Wink

Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: January 04, 2006, 05:04:41 PM »

Slash didn't admit he drank before the interview. The radio guy calls him a true legend, to which slash reples, 'thats a pretty heavy accolade'. I think you were confusing the word accolade with laquored. And i don't think he was joking around when he said all this stuff, he sounded pretty serious to me, he was probably just laughing at how surprised the DJ was when he told him CD would be out in March. What's really interesting here though is that someone who was actually at Vegas 01/01/01  (that being the Dj i cant remember his name) actually quotes Axl as saying 'Don't let him in the fucking building'. Then having learned this Slash is nice enough to say that it was probably just Axl's entourage that kept him out that night, even though the guy just told him what he said. God what a great interview...... AND SLASH KNOWS TOMMY STINSON? WTF
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #299 on: January 04, 2006, 05:11:59 PM »

I read an interview with Ozzy where he would've only if Bucket lost the bucket and mask and Bucketface wouldn't, so he didn't.  I don't think the ATV accident had anything to do with it

Apparently this wasn't the true story.  Ozzy spun the encounter a bit when asked about it from a reporter, but according to Mick Trammel, a close personal bot of Shawn Lane and Buckethead, Bucket was set to do the gig until Ozzy got hurt.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: