Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 11:16:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  slash says chinese democracy starts in march
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: slash says chinese democracy starts in march  (Read 101297 times)
GNR_AXL_ROSE
Opening Act

Axl's gonna change it all And HE'S BACK!!!!

« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2006, 12:42:26 PM »

this could be it, I hope it is. Maybe the world will finally hear Chinese Democracy, if not then I guess we will just have to wait...

AXL SLASH DUFF IZZY STEVEN DIZZY GILBY MATT PAUL BUCKETHEAD FINCK FORTUS BRAIN JOSH TOMMY DJ Bumblefoot Frank Dizzy Pittman Once G'NR Forever GN'R
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2006, 12:54:40 PM »

Yeah, I was just talking to someone else from Philly and they said the same thing. She said it was her favorite station, and listens to it all the time and didn't hear this slash interview. I'm now starting to wonder if its a hoax

Could be, but who really cares enough to go out of their way to tug the chains of drooling GN'R fans anymore?? "Chinese Democracy" is mostly forgotten throughout the media.? After 2002 the mystery was put to rest and Axl was laughed at and humiliated.? Even if it does see the light of day, who really cares anymore (besides us)?
Great point. : ok:You're absolutely right about 2002. It was his prime opportunity to capitalize on the mystery. CD would have sold millions. Now, he'll be lucky if it goes platinum here in the U.S.

he`ll be lucky if it goes platinum in the U.S.?? hihi? are you serious james?

I know it will go multi platinum but timing is important too as well as making a little noise before it happens.. I think if it came out in 1999 it might have been overshadowed by the shitty music movement... As the same with the height of grunge I think gnr album sales would have dropped drastically... TSI did good but not near anything gnr worthy with a video out, even live era could have sold so much better.... It's hit or miss but I woul;d say hit because gnr the name itself is an icon in rock music now.. James myself and jarmo can be in gnr today and it would still do amazing because gnr is trendy and and classic at the same time..

i've said this a billion times but it's the truth, I wish I could see how axl could do without having such apowerfull known name behind him? Seeing sales based on a name no one knew and just hearing it as new music would have been much cooler.... Just like in 2002 you'll pack arenas even if not one song is heard yet just because the name gnr is a draw..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2006, 01:23:06 PM »

The name is important, ok. But don't think people are blind, this "new" band will have to START FROM SCRATCH. Guns N' Roses is a cool band, yeah, the OLD BAND is, the legacy is, the name is, they are cool because it was a Rock n' Roll band with an amazing music. But Believe me, if in the future the general public see once again the exact same version of GN'R 2002, the (new) band will become very "uncool" in a second, like in 2002. No doubt about it.
I hope some bandmembers have learned a lot from their own mistakes and won't do them again. It includes lots of things.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 01:44:25 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2006, 01:34:21 PM »

start from scratch.. I'm sure these guys made a great album, but just look at what they have handed to them already (sure alot of responsibility as well) the stage to play on, the ability to get the chance to close a vmas as gnr *cough* to play rio, to have a new year eve show, to get major write ups in every rock outlet.. Sure people know the new guys from their past efforts but just look at how they can go through the roof without really trying now.. Whoever axl drags around with him these days while using the gnr name has the chance to be known by hundred of thousands at least in concert.. Their album would never be so known or talked about wether good or bad.. Most people have to break some ass to get started in anew band do some leg work do interviews,,SOMETHING.. These guys only have to hang onto axl and the gnr name and they are already half way there..

So when someone says oh they will sell great, people are looking for cd it'll sell millions.. Big fucking deal, it can do all that shit without one note being heard.. I know most people would see them live if they only did the afd illusion's songs....
Eric
« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

I'm not quite sure people will be lining up to buy this album-it will still have to have quality music-there are plenty of acts who can draw crowds at arenas due to having a popular name, but that does not necessarily translate to strong album sales-Motley Crue had a strong tour with good attendance, but if they put out an album tomorrow, would it sell millions? I'm not so sure-if you don't want to see who Axl drags onstage, don't go to see them-"Why do you look at me when you hate me?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2006, 02:06:02 PM »

I'm sure these guys made a great album
well stop right there....isnt that what it comes down to more than anything else? making a great album with quality music?

but just look at what they have handed to them already (sure alot of responsibility as well) the stage to play on, the ability to get the chance to close a vmas as gnr *cough* to play rio, to have a new year eve show, to get major write ups in every rock outlet..
WIth the name comes expectations. Huge expectations. Because of what has been accomplished in the past. Nothing has been handed to them. Even though I disagree, Ill even play along and say that the name helped them get Rio3, the Vmas, and the 1st NYE gig...so what does it say about the actual players in the band and the new band itself when they were asked to play some more nye gigs, rio4 and im sure have been asked to play at festivals as well the past few years.

Sure people know the new guys from their past efforts
not really

Whoever axl drags around with him these days while using the gnr name has the chance to be known by hundred of thousands at least in concert.. Their album would never be so known or talked about wether good or bad.. Most people have to break some ass to get started in anew band do some leg work do interviews,,SOMETHING.. These guys only have to hang onto axl and the gnr name and they are already half way there..

who is saying that people went out to see GNR to see the new guys? Were they pushing new material hence getting new fans? Nope. They were coming to see Axl. And that just shows you the power of Axl. I dont see VR who have 3 member sof old gnr in the band commanding that attention with thier band. How come.yea i know its because its a brand new name. Thats a weak copout if you ask me. Fact is Axl is more appealing to people than the old guys. And im not trying to start something here. Im trying to get thru to your thick tophats that even if Axl went under a different name he still would be getting the same amount of attention.

And trust me im not disputing the effect of the gnr name. It certainly helps. But it would be a greater benefit forSlash and company if they ?were using it than Axl.

It comes down to the album. If its great it will get great reviews and if it bombs it will be made fun of. As most people tend to do now. If gnr tour and they play all of the songs on the album and only a few of the classics and peopel are going to the concerts will they be going because its gnr or because they might, hold on now, they might actually liek the new material. Or is it because some lil 13 yr old is wearing a gnr shirt and its the trendy thing to do.lol.....if it bombs no1 will go. cause theres nothing to offer....

the gnr name will help shorterm but the quality of th emusic will ultimately decided the fate of new gnr....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2006, 02:54:14 PM »

i think were straying off topic here guys,im sure theres already a thread about 'will chinese democracy sell or fail'.back to topic has anybody got any info on this slash interview yet (any proof)

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2006, 03:09:30 PM »

I dont see VR who have 3 member sof old gnr in the band commanding that attention with thier band. How come.yea i know its because its a brand new name. Thats a weak copout if you ask me. Fact is Axl is more appealing to people than the old guys. And im not trying to start something here. Im trying to get thru to your thick tophats that even if Axl went under a different name he still would be getting the same amount of attention.

there is no way in hell that axl would be getting the same amount of attention if he had a totally different name with this project and if he took a normal amount of time and used realistic amounts of money to create this.. Axl is mysterious he can be brilliant as well, but the name is very important to the people.... I will not say axl is not the most known gnr member but he would have a lot less in sales and concert goers if he used a name no one knew..  Axl also has an appeal because he left in a mysterious way... We all get to see slash on a constant basis so it's not as special then if n when you see axl.. it's a rarity along with talent.. he also has those MJ mike tyson qualities, like what nutty thing will he do next, will there be another problem? Axl's awesome in my book and always has been (well not as much over the past few years) but the weight of the name along with his is much bigger then axl rose alone
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2006, 03:10:27 PM »

i think were straying off topic here guys,im sure theres already a thread about 'will chinese democracy sell or fail'.back to topic has anybody got any info on this slash interview yet (any proof)

yes the topic is slash said cd in march.. You either believe or you don't, it either happens or it's just another person giving you a date out of thin air..
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2006, 04:39:36 PM »

"Chinese Democracy" is mostly forgotten throughout the media.?

Is that why the New York Times wrote an article about it in March 2005?

/jarmo

Key word:  mostly  ok

February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2006, 04:49:12 PM »

Merck said 2005 was the year and nothing why can't slash say's he heard march06? Hell i'll say February06, Do i have contacts? Yes with my guts and they have a feeling.
The person who really will know for sure?, The CEO of Geffen/Intercope when he says "go".

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL ?Kiss

Feb
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2006, 04:52:39 PM »

/jarmo

Key word:? mostly? ok

And where do you live? Mars?

The New York Times is one of the biggest publications.

Most of the world publications copy their articles...

All you need to do is keep your eyes open. I've even seen a CD mention in the news section of a Mickey Mouse mag...

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2006, 04:56:41 PM »

Merck said 2005 was the year and nothing why can't slash say's he heard march06? Hell i'll say February06, Do i have contacts? Yes with my guts and they have a feeling.
The person who really will know for sure?, The CEO of Geffen/Intercope when he says "go".

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL ?Kiss

Feb

I know it's been some time but I have to say it since it was intented for the fans...

In November 2005 the Greek fan clubs of GN'R and Iron Maiden did a big party together.

I contacted Merck to let him know (since he is managing both Maiden and Guns) and he gave a message for the fans:

2006 will be an exciting year for both bands.

That was in November, which I guess is way more valid than the 2005 statement which was back in June? (which probably changed cause of various reasons).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 04:58:23 PM by Christos AG » Logged

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #193 on: January 02, 2006, 05:00:37 PM »

/jarmo

Key word:? mostly? ok

And where do you live? Mars?

The New York Times is one of the biggest publications.

Most of the world publications copy their articles...

All you need to do is keep your eyes open. I've even seen a CD mention in the news section of a Mickey Mouse mag...

I guess my New York Times subscription expired some time ago.

I'm mainly going on the amount of chatter circulating now compared to pre-2002.  It still gets mentions and whatnot but in the mainsteam media there doesn't seem to be a buzz anymore.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #194 on: January 02, 2006, 05:48:48 PM »

It still gets mentions and whatnot but in the mainsteam media there doesn't seem to be a buzz anymore.
LOL. What do you expect? There's no news, no releases. Axl is not out there, most of the band members are doing their own stuff...

Once the album is released (if ever, of course), it will be all over the media for sure. If VR did, why not GNR?

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #195 on: January 02, 2006, 05:51:37 PM »

I contacted Merck to let him know (since he is managing both Maiden and Guns) and he gave a message for the fans:

2006 will be an exciting year for both bands.

That was in November, which I guess is way more valid than the 2005 statement which was back in June? (which probably changed cause of various reasons).

Pretty bitchin' that you organize stuff like that ok

But who knows w/ Merck, like everybody else who is employed by Axl but NOT Axl always trys to placate the fans by telling them stuff is just around the corner, soon, [insert your own cliche]. So I'll remain a tad skeptical- i think that we won't have to wait long one way or the other to see if this band is doing anything this year though-my uneducated guess, based on all the chatter here and on other sites is that we'll probably know something by March.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2006, 06:02:34 PM »

Either 06 is the year for GNR, or it'll be the year GNR falls apart.? I don't see the members sticking sticking around much longer.

DemocracyRose
« Reply #197 on: January 02, 2006, 06:16:05 PM »

Thanks for sharing C. AG...

Sounds good to me... ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #198 on: January 02, 2006, 06:32:48 PM »

Either 06 is the year for GNR, or it'll be the year GNR falls apart.? I don't see the members sticking sticking around much longer.

i really think something will happen in 06 wether the rise of new gnr or the fall of what never happened but could have been..  Sometimes I feel bad that I break some of your balls and say such negative things, I know a lot of you really love this new band and want to experience your own gnr experience that some of us did yester year.  Well for the younger people here I hope it does...

Even though I don't agree with alot of what happens like the keeping the name and all the sides taken and all this fighting I hope axl comes back strong and puts in one more positive piece of gnr before it ends,,
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #199 on: January 02, 2006, 07:28:20 PM »

Either 06 is the year for GNR, or it'll be the year GNR falls apart.  I don't see the members sticking sticking around much longer.

i really think something will happen in 06 wether the rise of new gnr or the fall of what never happened but could have been..  Sometimes I feel bad that I break some of your balls and say such negative things, I know a lot of you really love this new band and want to experience your own gnr experience that some of us did yester year.  Well for the younger people here I hope it does...

Even though I don't agree with alot of what happens like the keeping the name and all the sides taken and all this fighting I hope axl comes back strong and puts in one more positive piece of gnr before it ends,,

Good post, I'd like to be able to take part again in an expierience GNR for the new age, like you we both come fromthe same scene with GNR, but it truly would be awesome for young people to expierince GNR and hopefully like you say in a postive light before its done.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: