Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:29:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  slash says chinese democracy starts in march
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: slash says chinese democracy starts in march  (Read 101560 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2006, 01:34:35 AM »

Yeah, I was just talking to someone else from Philly and they said the same thing. She said it was her favorite station, and listens to it all the time and didn't hear this slash interview. I'm now starting to wonder if its a hoax.

you'd think the station's website would freaking mention an interview with slash...

gnrevolution.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2006, 01:40:25 AM »

Yeah, I was just talking to someone else from Philly and they said the same thing. She said it was her favorite station, and listens to it all the time and didn't hear this slash interview. I'm now starting to wonder if its a hoax.

you'd think the station's website would freaking mention an interview with slash...
Thats what makes this really smell like a giant turd. Slash leaking info about an imminent CD release would not only be on their website, but would be all over the internet, and would also get a mention on MTV and VH1. I was trying to remain positive about this situation, but the more you look at it, the worse it smells. The IRS leak on that radioo show was immediately announced on MTV. This is bigger news than that, and we hear nothing except some poster and a mod from another forum who "confirms" it. confused

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2006, 01:44:42 AM »

Hmmm, How would Slash get information about the album?

He probably was joking, unless he has a really good friend (wink wink) working on it that gave him information.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2006, 01:57:39 AM »

Thats what makes this really smell like a giant turd. Slash leaking info about an imminent CD release would not only be on their website, but would be all over the internet, and would also get a mention on MTV and VH1. I was trying to remain positive about this situation, but the more you look at it, the worse it smells. The IRS leak on that radioo show was immediately announced on MTV. This is bigger news than that, and we hear nothing except some poster and a mod from another forum who "confirms" it. confused

I would normally agree with you, but if the interview took place Friday, it's only been 2 day's and people have been busy with New Years.  Plus, it's not official!  If Slash really said this, it will pop up other places, but give it a few days.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #164 on: January 02, 2006, 02:08:40 AM »

What I don't understand is the GH2 - CD case. If Axl was working on the GH2 album 2 months ago then how the hell could be CD finished? I thought it was another attempt to get some time (and money). If CD was so close to be finished then why did Axl and the record company lose time with the GH2 thing?  Huh

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2006, 02:16:47 AM »

What I don't understand is the GH2 - CD case. If Axl was working on the GH2 album 2 months ago then how the hell could be CD finished? I thought it was another attempt to get some time (and money). If CD was so close to be finished then why did Axl and the record company lose time with the GH2 thing?  Huh

Maybe his intention was to deliver the album instead of the GH 2 package; he recalled Fortus to put the finishing touches ( I use these words with as straight a face as I can muster) on the material......that's my guess.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2006, 02:36:07 AM »

What I don't understand is the GH2 - CD case. If Axl was working on the GH2 album 2 months ago then how the hell could be CD finished? I thought it was another attempt to get some time (and money). If CD was so close to be finished then why did Axl and the record company lose time with the GH2 thing?? Huh

Maybe his intention was to deliver the album instead of the GH 2 package; he recalled Fortus to put the finishing touches ( I use these words with as straight a face as I can muster) on the material......that's my guess.

But if there were only some really-really last finishing touches left then why did he work on another GH album? It still ain't make any sense... Or he thought he'd need another months (years) to finish but the record company blackmailed him with something or someone (from the band, management etc) finally said something that made him decide: 'Alright, if it's not good enough yet, it won't ever be, so let's go, Round 2 starts!'? Just a guess. 

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2006, 03:34:27 AM »

I like how someone concerned we just wasted 9 pages on nothing....Welcome to the world of being a GNR fan....
If AXL came out and annouced a date ....we all would be afraid he would have changed his mind the next day....
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2006, 04:16:25 AM »

But if there were only some really-really last finishing touches left then why did he work on another GH album? It still ain't make any sense... Or he thought he'd need another months (years) to finish but the record company blackmailed him with something or someone (from the band, management etc) finally said something that made him decide: 'Alright, if it's not good enough yet, it won't ever be, so let's go, Round 2 starts!'? Just a guess. 

or he was working on the GH 2 package and thought it was too much of a travesty to stretch the gnr catalog out this much; he could have said 'fuck it'; i'll finish the album (which has been rumored to be in a finished state for at least a year now) and satiate the label. I'm speculating of course with a very optimisitic light but the sequence of events isn't too farfetched to reconcile.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2006, 06:00:14 AM »

if it comes out by march great, if not I am not going to say slash lied... Everyone throws out dates or time periods, who knows where they get their info.. Only when axl speaks do I hold the word to be truth,... Same should apply with his band but we know their track record..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2006, 06:51:36 AM »

Maybe Slash heard it from his friend Ross Halfin....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2006, 07:00:41 AM »

Man. This blows. Its a fake as far as im concerned.

gnrevolution.com
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2006, 07:07:31 AM »

One thing's for sure... GNR fans are much more convincing than anyone in GNR.
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2006, 07:22:03 AM »

this here is like, the funniest post ever! haha wow

Looks like someone is dancing with Mr. Brownstone Smiley

Yes I used too much Cocaine when I post that... Now What?

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2006, 08:29:05 AM »

Maybe Slash heard it from his friend Ross Halfin....

/jarmo

Finally somone puts 2 and 2 together. Isn't it obvious that both Slash and Merck are friends with Halfin? Therefore news could be passed between them without any sort of official goings on whatsoever, just Slash phoning Ross up and going "Hey, what's up?"
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2006, 10:43:29 AM »

hey isn't that when the court dates are around now.maybe he might have something.like an inside clue or something.i kinna think he could be right slash.

the one an only horsey !
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2006, 11:19:17 AM »

Yeah, I was just talking to someone else from Philly and they said the same thing. She said it was her favorite station, and listens to it all the time and didn't hear this slash interview. I'm now starting to wonder if its a hoax

Could be, but who really cares enough to go out of their way to tug the chains of drooling GN'R fans anymore?  "Chinese Democracy" is mostly forgotten throughout the media.  After 2002 the mystery was put to rest and Axl was laughed at and humiliated.  Even if it does see the light of day, who really cares anymore (besides us)?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2006, 11:22:44 AM »

Yeah, I was just talking to someone else from Philly and they said the same thing. She said it was her favorite station, and listens to it all the time and didn't hear this slash interview. I'm now starting to wonder if its a hoax

Could be, but who really cares enough to go out of their way to tug the chains of drooling GN'R fans anymore?? "Chinese Democracy" is mostly forgotten throughout the media.? After 2002 the mystery was put to rest and Axl was laughed at and humiliated.? Even if it does see the light of day, who really cares anymore (besides us)?
Great point. : ok:You're absolutely right about 2002. It was his prime opportunity to capitalize on the mystery. CD would have sold millions. Now, he'll be lucky if it goes platinum here in the U.S.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2006, 12:36:55 PM »

Could be, but who really cares enough to go out of their way to tug the chains of drooling GN'R fans anymore?  "Chinese Democracy" is mostly forgotten throughout the media.  After 2002 the mystery was put to rest and Axl was laughed at and humiliated.  Even if it does see the light of day, who really cares anymore (besides us)?
Great point. : ok:You're absolutely right about 2002. It was his prime opportunity to capitalize on the mystery. CD would have sold millions. Now, he'll be lucky if it goes platinum here in the U.S.

he`ll be lucky if it goes platinum in the U.S.?? hihi  are you serious james?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2006, 12:38:06 PM »

"Chinese Democracy" is mostly forgotten throughout the media.?

Is that why the New York Times wrote an article about it in March 2005?

I'd say people are interested in the story about the album, which title was first mentioned in 1999, and Axl's return.

Of course many of those people see the album as a joke, but they're still interested enough to take notice when/if it's released.

It's better than any reality show on tv. ?hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: