Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:25:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  slash says chinese democracy starts in march
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: slash says chinese democracy starts in march  (Read 101508 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2006, 05:00:09 AM »

anyone else find it funny that when Slash said only 2 songs were done, everybody on here called Slash a liar and a hater and claimed "He didnt know shit"
  thing is we never got an album so who's to say he was wrong.. I'm sure the songs we heard were also works in progress like everything always is... How many times did you hear parts were being redone.. So to me the songs aren't done until they are in the stores..

As for the slash n march... I don't even look deep into that.. I'm sure he knows more then most since he is big in the industry and was a major player in gnr.. maybe he just heard a rumour or madison told him  hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2006, 05:02:42 AM »

I'm not trying to insinuate,

but with the STP reunion happening at that Scott Weiland/VH1 thing, it's really interesting for Slash to go on a radio show and be so positive in regards to Axl.

why it's not going to help anything, and second this wouldn't be the first time from snakepit to vr that he has said something nice about axl..
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2006, 05:33:23 AM »

What's wrong with Slash? First he said that never talk to Axl in 10 years and then now he says Chinese Democracy sound awesome?? WTF??

I think he wanted to be back in the band.. becoz VR will never produce an album that will get everyone attention and will never get a music awards.

He left GNR long time ago and he did not trust AXl at that time. I believe that he has listen to some CD songs as he still has some share in the GNR name. And after listening to these songs, he said CD will be great. What?s this suppose to mean?? He wanted AXL to call the truce and be invited to re-join the band??

AXL is not stupid. After 13 years of hard work and then Slash is welcome back. NO WAY!!

As for you guys who dislike Buckethead, What?s wrong with him?? Just because he wears a bucket and a mask?? We live in a free world.. He can do anything he wants. Do you also criticize Elton John because he married to a man???

We are not living in the 18th Century Idiots!!

I?m sorry Buckethead is not with GNR anymore. I really admire his guitar works.
I guess things just didn?t work out for him and GNR. Well everyone?s not perfect remember.

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
axleu
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2006, 05:49:31 AM »

"but with the STP reunion happening at that Scott Weiland/VH1 thing"

I don't believe a STP reunion could happen in the near future, with "Army of anyone" coming up (Richard Patrick, the de Leo brothers, I wanna listen to that!)...
shaun
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2006, 05:52:46 AM »

Axl owns the name and is the sole trademark holder when it comes to the name gnr.

Tell that to the federal government:

Word Mark GUNS N'ROSES
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: clothing, namely, T-shirts, shirts, hats, caps, bandannas, sweatpants, and thermal shirts. FIRST USE: 19861200. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19861200
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Design Search Code 
Serial Number 75088597
Filing Date April 15, 1996
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition November 12, 1996
Registration Number 2035815
Registration Date February 4, 1997
Owner (REGISTRANT) Guns N' Roses composed of W. Axl Rose, Michael McKagan and Saul Hudson, all U.S. citizens PARTNERSHIP CALIFORNIA 450 N. ROXBURY DRIVE, 8TH FLOOR BEVERLY HILLS CALIFORNIA 902104222
Attorney of Record HARVEY S. HERTZ
Prior Registrations 1762599;1766309
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR).
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark GUNS N' ROSES
Goods and Services IC 041. US 107. G & S: entertainment services; namely, performances by a musical group. FIRST USE: 19841200. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19841200
Design Search Code 
Serial Number 74295264
Filing Date July 16, 1992
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition January 26, 1993
Registration Number 1766309
Registration Date April 20, 1993
Owner (REGISTRANT) GUNS N' ROSES composed of W. Axl Rose, Saul Hudson and Michael "Duff" McKagan, all U.S. citizens PARTNERSHIP CALIFORNIA 450 N. ROXBURY DRIVE, 8TH FLOOR BEVERLY HILLS CALIFORNIA 902104222
Attorney of Record HARVEY S. HERTZ
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20030408.
Renewal 1ST RENEWAL 20030408
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark GUNS N' ROSES
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 036. G & S: prerecorded video and audio tapes, prerecorded phonograph records and prerecorded compact discs all featuring music. FIRST USE: 19841200. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19841200
Design Search Code 
Serial Number 74295263
Filing Date July 16, 1992
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition January 12, 1993
Registration Number 1762599
Registration Date April 6, 1993
Owner (REGISTRANT) GUNS N' ROSES composed of W. Axl Rose, Saul Hudson p/k/a "Slash" and Michael "Duff" McKagan, all U.S. citizens PARTNERSHIP CALIFORNIA 450 N. ROXBURY DRIVE 8TH FLOOR BEVERLY HILLS CALIFORNIA 90210-422
Attorney of Record HARVEY S HERTZ
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20030504.
Renewal 1ST RENEWAL 20030504
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Welcome to the Jun... to the worlds most boring post   Grin
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2006, 05:57:51 AM »

What's wrong with Slash? First he said that never talk to Axl in 10 years and then now he says Chinese Democracy sound awesome?? WTF??

I think he wanted to be back in the band.. becoz VR will never produce an album that will get everyone attention and will never get a music awards.

He left GNR long time ago and he did not trust AXl at that time. I believe that he has listen to some CD songs as he still has some share in the GNR name. And after listening to these songs, he said CD will be great. What?s this suppose to mean?? He wanted AXL to call the truce and be invited to re-join the band??

AXL is not stupid. After 13 years of hard work and then Slash is welcome back. NO WAY!!

As for you guys who dislike Buckethead, What?s wrong with him?? Just because he wears a bucket and a mask?? We live in a free world.. He can do anything he wants. Do you also criticize Elton John because he married to a man???

We are not living in the 18th Century Idiots!!

I?m sorry Buckethead is not with GNR anymore. I really admire his guitar works.
I guess things just didn?t work out for him and GNR. Well everyone?s not perfect remember.

this post is nonsence.... VR will nebver win an award... Only won a grammy, only set a record as the best selling debut album (meaning it opened at number one)

never knew slash listened to CD hihi
shaun
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2006, 06:01:32 AM »

KillingVector u have to seperate this for a moment.

Sure I agree with u, I think Bucket is awesome and his costume or theatrics dont take away from my opinion of him but u gotta go broader.

What do u think the casual fan is gonna think?

They are gonna say "U replaced slash with that"?

people who know music know how great bucket is but u gotta keep in mind the new fans and the casual people who dont think Axl is GOD like we do.

They see Bucket and they see a novelty act and it takes away from GNR's credibility when u see a guy dressed like that and supposedly sleepin in a chicken coup.

I think he's awesome and cool, but to casual fans, they more or less thought he was a freak.

If it were not for Buckethead joining GN'R back in... i would never have got to experience the Bucket [which i got to do at London Arena/UK]. I must have about 10 Bucket albums, some really good sounds on those Smiley

As for Slash, well he always said Gn'R was simply a garage band that got lucky and very big, and while Slash stays at that level,  Axl's the one heading for bigger and better things.
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2006, 07:10:35 AM »

this post is nonsence.... VR will nebver win an award... Only won a grammy, only set a record as the best selling debut album (meaning it opened at number one)

Whatever... VR sucks and I tell you and you remember this for years to come... They will never get as big as GNR..
I hope AXL will release CD the same date as VR releases their 2nd album next year...We'll see who can top that...

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2006, 07:49:54 AM »

Whatever... VR sucks and I tell you and you remember this for years to come... They will never get as big as GNR..
I hope AXL will release CD the same date as VR releases their 2nd album next year...We'll see who can top that...

always remember axl needs the gnr name to sell big time.. Try coming up with a new title for his band and see how many albums he sells.. Five of your friends can use the name guns n roses and many people will buy it simply because it says gnr on the label.. Axl's new gnr and vr will never be as big as gnr period, that was a worldy phenomenon that happens to very few bands..

I know it's a broken record when I say this but take album sales with axl using the name gnr compared to using another name no one ever heard of and see the difference in millions of sales.. With axl using the gnr name he doesn't have to do huge publicity, and half the dopes hear gnr is releasing a new album of new material in 14 years and don't even know the lineup.. You can hate vr all you want that is your choice but at least they did some leg work and toured their asses off to get their project rolling... They did the small club thing and did interviews all over as a band and let the people see behind the scenes.... lets see axl do that, instead he will forever hide behind the name as his security blanket to take forever and get more money then anyone else.....

If cd didn't outsell vr's second album then there would be a problem with the world... One is gnr one of the biggest names in rock history , the other is a bunch of guys who were huge years ago with a semi known name..

I hope AXL will release CD
we all do good luck with that.. As his new mates rot waiting for their majesty to muster up some balls to face the world again
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2006, 09:04:08 AM »

anyone else find it funny that when Slash said only 2 songs were done, everybody on here called Slash a liar and a hater and claimed "He didnt know shit"

but now he is reporting great news, his word is taken as gospel?

I thought the same. When he said something negative, some people here named him as an outsider, who didn't know shit. Almost two years later he says the album is ready and Marxh is the month and it makes his words true. People are strange.

BTW at least we has a hardcore Slash-hater who is talking shit about him even right now. Great job  ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2006, 09:48:30 AM »

Poor Poor Slash ... he's worked so hard on his new band and all people want him to talk about is GNR and Axl and Chinese Democracy.? hihi

Slash and Axl are the  most important part of Guns n roses,so you comment is stupid

I have never seen so many tree
RichardNixon
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2006, 10:29:21 AM »

"I'm not trying to insinuate,

but with the STP reunion happening at that Scott Weiland/VH1 thing, it's really interesting for Slash to go on a radio show and be so positive in regards to Axl."

What STP reunion? Also, does anyone have a link to the interview? Was it really confirmed?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 11:20:56 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Robio576
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2006, 11:15:08 AM »

Wouldn't it be cool if the holdup on the CD was attributed to Axl and Slash trying to make things "work".  I know it probably would never happen, though it's neat to think about.  I would have to think that it would be the biggest story of '06.

Robio
RichardNixon
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2006, 11:22:26 AM »

Nah, if Slash came back at some point, that would be cool...But I for one really want Axl to see this through and release the work he's done with Stinson, Finck and crew.
shaun
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2006, 11:42:10 AM »

Nah, if Slash came back at some point, that would be cool...But I for one really want Axl to see this through and release the work he's done with Stinson, Finck and crew.

IF is a big word.

I cannot see this happenings for years and years and years to come... if ever  Wink

Adlers doing his thing with AA and running down Axl and others at the same time.So he is in no position.

Axls doing his own thing with Gn'R. He owns the name Gn'R and the old band members quit so he wouldn't want them back. He too has been on stage running down ex members. Adler can't drum, Izzy can't hear.

Slash, Duff and Sorum. They seem to be on a mission to tell the world that they're over Gn'R and that VR is the future. I think deep down they don't belive in VR and are just going with it while it lasts.

Gilby don't seem to be going very far with anything. Although i think Gilby is the one ex member that Axl would still get along with. He has the talent.

For me, the biggest success an ex Gn'R member has had with musc has to be the first Slash's Snake pit line up. I really liked that album It's 5 O'clock somewhere. It had a lot going forit. Slash sounded good and the lead singer he was good too with a personality of his own. He didn't some across as someone who was there just to cash in on a situation (ie: working with an ex gunner, the biggest ex gunner, Slash).

-

My point being. I don't think there will be a Gn'R reunion until all the members have blown it. Blown it as in, there are no bands to play in, there are no records selling and the cash has run out situation.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2006, 12:31:51 PM »

KillingVector u have to seperate this for a moment.

What do u think the casual fan is gonna think?

They are gonna say "U replaced slash with that"?

Personally, I think he has a great sound, but to the average fan who likes their top 40 or enjoys rock they are just going to see an image and name like BUCKETHEAD who replaced SLASH and not look into his talent as much.  If Buckethead played exactly the same and used a name like Jon Smith people would see him as the true guitarist he is.
Hey that's Jimmy Fallon's exact comment after the 2002 VMAs.? He made the comment that Bucket filled the role of Slash nicely, but I think he was just trying to convince himself that he really filled the whole.

I agree 100% on the image thing.? People see Slash as an Icon.? He is almost like a comic book character much like Buckethead.? Axl should of used someone who goes by a real name and not a image.? Someone who goes by a first and last name.? Otherwise to any non serious GnR fan it's like one character trying to replace another, or like 8 Simple rules for dating my teenage daughter after Ritter died.

Jeez. Buckethead is not an image. The man has an incredible talent and a body of work to show for it. If you cannot look past the character, then you are the one having the crisis. Axl chose an individual whose creativity and talent exceeded anyone on that stage; I will always savor the three shows that I saw this guy on stage with my hero.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2006, 12:36:44 PM »

Hell no VR or New GnR will never be as big as the old GnR, in the United States anyway, because the top 40 is filled with hot women who can't sing, rappers talking about the cool shit they have that we don't, and now as of lately country artist.  So unless Axl gets a sex change, raps about his mansion in the hills and the porshe in the garage, and sings redneck songs about his childhood in Indiana, GnR will never top the charts like they once did.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2006, 12:50:44 PM »

GNR can easily top the charts with songs like the blues or IRS. Not only in the US but everywhere in the world. Look at U2...are they rappers? Do they talk about getting a gangsta or shit like that? Absolutely not, and their last album "how to dismantic an atomic bomb" sold over 85O k the 1st week in the USA. also in France, none of the top 10 sellers are rappers.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
RichardNixon
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2006, 01:13:56 PM »

Isn't Slash suing Axl? Why would he be saying that he "can't wait" to hear it and other nice things?
Evolution
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2006, 01:26:06 PM »

Maybe just maybe, Axl sent Slash a copy as a peace offering? You have to admit a VR/GNR tour would be a huge event.  Roll Eyes

I am aware it's a extremely long shot so don't moan at me  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: