Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:29:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  slash says chinese democracy starts in march
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: slash says chinese democracy starts in march  (Read 101557 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2005, 04:17:11 PM »

Axl owns the name and is the sole trademark holder when it comes to the name gnr.

Tell that to the federal government:

Word Mark GUNS N'ROSES
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: clothing, namely, T-shirts, shirts, hats, caps, bandannas, sweatpants, and thermal shirts. FIRST USE: 19861200. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19861200
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Design Search Code?
Serial Number 75088597
Filing Date April 15, 1996
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition November 12, 1996
Registration Number 2035815
Registration Date February 4, 1997
Owner (REGISTRANT) Guns N' Roses composed of W. Axl Rose, Michael McKagan and Saul Hudson, all U.S. citizens PARTNERSHIP CALIFORNIA 450 N. ROXBURY DRIVE, 8TH FLOOR BEVERLY HILLS CALIFORNIA 902104222
Attorney of Record HARVEY S. HERTZ
Prior Registrations 1762599;1766309
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR).
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark GUNS N' ROSES
Goods and Services IC 041. US 107. G & S: entertainment services; namely, performances by a musical group. FIRST USE: 19841200. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19841200
Design Search Code?
Serial Number 74295264
Filing Date July 16, 1992
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition January 26, 1993
Registration Number 1766309
Registration Date April 20, 1993
Owner (REGISTRANT) GUNS N' ROSES composed of W. Axl Rose, Saul Hudson and Michael "Duff" McKagan, all U.S. citizens PARTNERSHIP CALIFORNIA 450 N. ROXBURY DRIVE, 8TH FLOOR BEVERLY HILLS CALIFORNIA 902104222
Attorney of Record HARVEY S. HERTZ
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20030408.
Renewal 1ST RENEWAL 20030408
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark GUNS N' ROSES
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 036. G & S: prerecorded video and audio tapes, prerecorded phonograph records and prerecorded compact discs all featuring music. FIRST USE: 19841200. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19841200
Design Search Code?
Serial Number 74295263
Filing Date July 16, 1992
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition January 12, 1993
Registration Number 1762599
Registration Date April 6, 1993
Owner (REGISTRANT) GUNS N' ROSES composed of W. Axl Rose, Saul Hudson p/k/a "Slash" and Michael "Duff" McKagan, all U.S. citizens PARTNERSHIP CALIFORNIA 450 N. ROXBURY DRIVE 8TH FLOOR BEVERLY HILLS CALIFORNIA 90210-422
Attorney of Record HARVEY S HERTZ
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20030504.
Renewal 1ST RENEWAL 20030504
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2005, 04:23:10 PM »

In the next few years, Slash will rejoin the band.
"Axl-Slash" is the real deal.

that would be great having slash n axl together again on stage.. One day hopefully

Anything's impossible.

And I really don't want to read any more stupid comments about Buckethead and his time in GN'R.

He had a bad time? WTF?

He had his solos every night and check the bootlegs, people gave him a great time, we made him feel home. We were used to the Godfather and we started listening to shit like those chicken tunes... And we never boooooed the guy. I was in London and Leeds.

Stop the crap.

I accepted Buckethead just cause he was in Guns N' Roses. I didn't like him in Guns N' Roses. I like his solo work but not him in GN'R. I defended him countless times cause people made fun of the whole mask/bucket thing.

Buckethead had a hard time in GN'R cause he didn't let anybody in. Not cause the other guys didn't like him. Remember the pic of the guys at a pub in London? Why wasn't Buckethead there? That's the truth.

Buckethead needs to check into a hospital, but not cause he was treated poorly from GN'R... He's got some serious issues with his head...

This is my last post for 2005.

Happy new year everyone. Especially for the GN'R fans... ?Wink

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2005, 04:26:48 PM »

he wants to sound like the nice guy, as always

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2005, 04:32:19 PM »

>Enigmatic guitarist Buckethead will be working his way down the West Coast this February as part of a nine-gig trek >that kicks off February 17 in Seattle. The guitarist ? who was briefly a member of Axl Rose's retooled Guns N' Roses >? will wrap up the tour on March 1 in Flagstaff, Arizona.

*will wrap up the tour on March 1*
...could this mean Bucket will return to GN'R for some live gigging? - sure hope so! Smiley

As for Slash's comments about March release for CD. Well he is in the music biz so i guess he is spot on with his info.

Bucket isn't coming back. A fan talked to a friend/collaborator of Bucket who told the fan that Bucket had a nervous breakdown while in GnR b/c of how poorly he was treated by fans and the band itself. He apparently was hospitalized b/c of health issues associated with these problems. Buckethead won't speak, thru print or puppet, about his time in Axl's band. It's over.

Are you still reading buckethead.tk by chance mr.vector?  Huh

buckethead poorly treated by fans and band?? he got his own solo spots every gig night......and poorly treated by fans?Huh I mean........a little hard to believe....then Robin Finck should have had allot more problems then him with the things people say about him..... but...what do I know.... Smiley

bucket was treated well by fans.  you can hear in the crowd for many shows, people are yelling "BUCKETHEAD!".   the fans accepted buckethead.  in one of the clips, you can see people wearing tiny KFC buckets and yelling "BUCKETHEAD RULES!  SLASH WHO?!"

We don't know what happened behind the scenes. Apparently he and Robin did not get along. As for not hanging out at a pub, that simply isn't Buckethead's style. He is a very private person but also extremely caring and gentle.

I personally witnessed Slash fans yelling curses at the guy while he did his solo sets at Vegas. It was an embarrassing scene and I personally felt sympathy for Buckethead.

As for these claims that Bucket became ill b/c of his association with the band, I think we have to understand that this is second hand information; the facts could be misrepresented but because none of us knows the real story it is impossible to judge. Clearly though Bucket was dissatisfied enough with the band to sever ties and never speak of it again.

Buckethead needs to check into a hospital, but not cause he was treated poorly from GN'R... He's got some serious issues with his head...

Perhaps you should talk to the bots who stayed after Bucket's solo shows on the latest tour; Big B came out back, shook everyone's hands, signed autographs, and strummed a few tunes with an acoustic guitar. The guy loves and appreciates all his fans.  If we are going to talk about issues in the head, Buckethead is not the current or former member of Gnr that we should begin with.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 05:03:37 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2005, 04:34:05 PM »

he wants to sound like the nice guy, as always

Despite the fact that this was most likely made up by an Axl fan to reduce the burden placed on the new lineup.

"Oh, I feel bad for Axl - the new album is coming out soon and by the way, he didn't have plastic surgery"

Yeah, I'm sure Slash said that.

Roll Eyes
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2005, 04:35:24 PM »

In the next few years, Slash will rejoin the band.
"Axl-Slash" is the real deal.

that would be great having slash n axl together again on stage.. One day hopefully

Anything's impossible.

And I really don't want to read any more stupid comments about Buckethead and his time in GN'R.

He had a bad time? WTF?

He had his solos every night and check the bootlegs, people gave him a great time, we made him feel home. We were used to the Godfather and we started listening to shit like those chicken tunes... And we never boooooed the guy. I was in London and Leeds.

Stop the crap.

I accepted Buckethead just cause he was in Guns N' Roses. I didn't like him in Guns N' Roses. I like his solo work but not him in GN'R. I defended him countless times cause people made fun of the whole mask/bucket thing.

Buckethead had a hard time in GN'R cause he didn't let anybody in. Not cause the other guys didn't like him. Remember the pic of the guys at a pub in London? Why wasn't Buckethead there? That's the truth.

This is my last post for 2005.

Happy new year everyone. Especially for the GN'R fans... ?Wink

I totally agree! this is also my last post for the year dudes!

I saw him two times Toronto and London Ontario, very popular buckethead.

Fuck All Y'all
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2005, 06:39:05 PM »

We don't know what happened behind the scenes. Apparently he and Robin did not get along. As for not hanging out at a pub, that simply isn't Buckethead's style. He is a very private person but also extremely caring and gentle.

I happen to know a few behind-the-scenes stuff from first hand.

Besides Brain, he didn't have a very good relationship with the whole band...

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2005, 06:44:32 PM »

If we are going to talk about issues in the head, Buckethead is not the current or former member of Gnr that we should begin with.....

Oh, you're right, we should talk about Axl and not about someone who wears a mask and a bucket and won't take them out infront of other people...  Roll Eyes

Sometimes I think that Axl got this guy so people in the media would think that there's a crazier guy in the band than Axl... (not that I think Axl is crazy, unfortunately the media does...)

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2005, 07:11:26 PM »

who cares about buckethead. he played a few shows in an era of gnr that no one even knows about and he has no albums under his belt with the band.. He's a nothing in gnr history,  No denying his talent just saying who cares what happened
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2005, 08:09:25 PM »

who cares about buckethead. he played a few shows in an era of gnr that no one even knows about and he has no albums under his belt with the band.. He's a nothing in gnr history,  No denying his talent just saying who cares what happened

you hit the nail right on the head son!  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2005, 08:30:03 PM »

anyone else find it funny that when Slash said only 2 songs were done, everybody on here called Slash a liar and a hater and claimed "He didnt know shit"

but now he is reporting great news, his word is taken as gospel?

I honestly dont think Slash hates axl, just cause u disagree and have differences doesnt mean u hate.

What I took from Behind the music was, basically if Axl called and apologized and dropped his ego, Slash and CO would come back in a heartbeat.

thats what I interpreted from BTM.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2005, 08:35:05 PM »

anyone else find it funny that when Slash said only 2 songs were done, everybody on here called Slash a liar and a hater and claimed "He didnt know shit"

but now he is reporting great news, his word is taken as gospel?

I honestly dont think Slash hates axl, just cause u disagree and have differences doesnt mean u hate.

What I took from Behind the music was, basically if Axl called and apologized and dropped his ego, Slash and CO would come back in a heartbeat.

thats what I interpreted from BTM.

I think there is a big difference in agenda between saying there are only two songs done and 'the album will come out in March." 

Oh, you're right, we should talk about Axl and not about someone who wears a mask and a bucket and won't take them out infront of other people. Sometimes I think that Axl got this guy so people in the media would think that there's a crazier guy in the band than Axl... (not that I think Axl is crazy, unfortunately the media does...).

You obviously have no idea who buckethead is, then.  I'm sorry but that is a very ignorant comment.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 09:07:36 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
RyanMFGs
Rocker

GN F'N R, MFGs

« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2005, 08:55:51 PM »

I'm not trying to insinuate,

but with the STP reunion happening at that Scott Weiland/VH1 thing, it's really interesting for Slash to go on a radio show and be so positive in regards to Axl.

To think the one you love could hurt ya now, it's a little hard to believe.. but everybody darlin sometimes bites thehand that feeds.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2005, 08:57:13 PM »

In hindsight, I think Bucket leaving may have been a great thing for GNR.

He was too carnivalish for my liking.

I have a saying:

For females:

When a female performer I.e. Mariah Carey,beyonce,alicia Keys are talented and can actually write,sing and perform, u dont have to walk around half naked and make rated R videos. the females who arent very talented have to use sex but when u are that damn great, u dont need it.

for males:

when u are great u dont need a gimmick.

buckethead is one of the greatest guitarist Ive ever heard play BUT his persona and his costume takes the focus from his playing and destroys his credibility.

maybe he really believes what he says but still, he dont need to dress like a circus side show for attention, his playing would get that by itself.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2005, 09:01:01 PM »

In hindsight, I think Bucket leaving may have been a great thing for GNR.

He was too carnivalish for my liking.

I have a saying:

For females:

When a female performer I.e. Mariah Carey,beyonce,alicia Keys are talented and can actually write,sing and perform, u dont have to walk around half naked and make rated R videos. the females who arent very talented have to use sex but when u are that damn great, u dont need it.

for males:

when u are great u dont need a gimmick.

buckethead is one of the greatest guitarist Ive ever heard play BUT his persona and his costume takes the focus from his playing and destroys his credibility.

maybe he really believes what he says but still, he dont need to dress like a circus side show for attention, his playing would get that by itself.

The costume is part of the performance and personifies the theme of his music. Just because he is not like every other rock n roll axemen doesn't mean he is relying on a gimmick. 

Just what credibility are you referring to?

I don't know what you are hearing but when I see a bucket show, my eyes are transfixed on the man's fingers and my ears are swimming in notes that my brain cannot believe are being clawed out from beneath his fingertips.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2005, 09:04:58 PM »

Ever consider the Slash was joking when he made the 2 songs comment? On the whole, Slash has always been, IMO, very complimentary of Axl as a talented artist, even if he thinks it was/is wrong for him to tour under the guns name.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2005, 10:19:32 PM »

KillingVector u have to seperate this for a moment.

Sure I agree with u, I think Bucket is awesome and his costume or theatrics dont take away from my opinion of him but u gotta go broader.

What do u think the casual fan is gonna think?

They are gonna say "U replaced slash with that"?

people who know music know how great bucket is but u gotta keep in mind the new fans and the casual people who dont think Axl is GOD like we do.

They see Bucket and they see a novelty act and it takes away from GNR's credibility when u see a guy dressed like that and supposedly sleepin in a chicken coup.

I think he's awesome and cool, but to casual fans, they more or less thought he was a freak.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2005, 10:48:40 PM »

Going off topic with buckethead guys... take it to pm's or something...

I for one am still waiting for audio proof of this.. as there is still no mention of the interview at WMMR.com... (the radio station's site)

gnrevolution.com
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2006, 02:09:05 AM »

Hey that's Jimmy Fallon's exact comment after the 2002 VMAs.  He made the comment that Bucket filled the role of Slash nicely, but I think he was just trying to convince himself that he really filled the whole.

I agree 100% on the image thing.  People see Slash as an Icon.  He is almost like a comic book character much like Buckethead.  Axl should of used someone who goes by a real name and not a image.  Someone who goes by a first and last name.  Otherwise to any non serious GnR fan it's like one character trying to replace another, or like 8 Simple rules for dating my teenage daughter after Ritter died.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2006, 02:25:00 AM »

Hey that's Jimmy Fallon's exact comment after the 2002 VMAs.  He made the comment that Bucket filled the role of Slash nicely, but I think he was just trying to convince himself that he really filled the whole.

I agree 100% on the image thing.  People see Slash as an Icon.  He is almost like a comic book character much like Buckethead.  Axl should of used someone who goes by a real name and not a image.  Someone who goes by a first and last name.  Otherwise to any non serious GnR fan it's like one character trying to replace another, or like 8 Simple rules for dating my teenage daughter after Ritter died.

Jeez. Buckethead is not an image. The man has an incredible talent and a body of work to show for it. If you cannot look past the character, then you are the one having the crisis. Axl chose an individual whose creativity and talent exceeded anyone on that stage; I will always savor the three shows that I saw this guy on stage with my hero.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: