Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:24:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet picked ahead of Ozzy at Live8
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet picked ahead of Ozzy at Live8  (Read 3692 times)
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: December 29, 2005, 11:52:57 AM »

Yea I live in the UK and there was a show called "The Big Fat quiz of the year" a couple days ago. Anyway they were talking about Live8 and how they could have done without Velvet Revolver being there. And Sharon Osbourne was complaining about how they turned down Ozzy for the London show because they said they already had Velvet Revolver. But i'd say they just turned Ozzy down cuz he's shit.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 07:21:46 AM »

If velvet revolver hadnt of been there then i wouldnt have watched any of it, maybe floyd, but nothing else.

html sucks
Jonathan
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 09:19:28 AM »

If velvet revolver hadnt of been there then i wouldnt have watched any of it, maybe floyd, but nothing else.

Why? There were some amazing bands/artists there.
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 04:08:52 PM »

Ozzy is not shit. Hes better then you. And hes better then VR.
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 05:08:22 PM »

Colt once again i completely disagree with you. Ozzy was on that stupid Royal Variety performance here in the UK (performing with slash funnily enough) and he fucking MIMED! Shows how confident Ozzy is these days.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 05:45:53 PM »

I hadnt watched LIVE8 if VR wasnt there, because I didnt even know about the concerts.
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 01:03:12 PM »

VR sure was big for me, but honestly live 8 was the biggest thing in a really long time with or without VR. No disrespect at all against VR their really great, but there was a hole lot of other great bands to.
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 03:12:59 PM »

let me guess was johnathon ross on that show cus he's always goin on bout how live 8 cud have done without them like he said when the guys from the gorillas were on his show one night.

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 04:14:59 PM »

Yes Jonathon Ross was on it too, he brought it up actually
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 03:21:53 PM »

for one of the polls, VR came in 2nd in an audience poll of best performances to Pink Floyd....but they won 2nd buy a couple hundred thousand votes
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 03:36:22 PM »

let me guess was johnathon ross on that show cus he's always goin on bout how live 8 cud have done without them like he said when the guys from the gorillas were on his show one night.

Of course he was, he's just saying it to get attention because he has no fucking talent, he'll just go on some fucking programme and say "oh I didn't wike vewvet wevolvew because they awe old and Sssscott Weiland wowe a hat that I think wooked wike a bus conductews hat" he's a fucking scrotum.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 03:55:22 PM »

Anyone who says "Ozzy is shit" loses all credability from the beginning...

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 07:33:20 PM »

my thoughts exactly.
ozzy has had the best solo carear ever.
his cds are pure class and the musicians that work with him are rock n roll history.
ozzy rocks.
VR did a great job tho. couldn't really chose between the 2. but Ozzy is far from shit. he fuckin rocks!

Chinese Democracy!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 08:39:47 PM »

Ozzy is not shit..... Black Sabbath alone is one of the best bands of all time by far... They are more influential than they will ever get credit for... Go listen to something besides Iron man and Paranoid if you think so... I prefer Sabbath than Ozzy solo but you still cannot deny his success with Classic albums like Diary Of A Madman and Blizzard of Oz... He may only be a shell of what he once was but you can not deny ozzy.. To call him shit is just dumb....

Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 03:38:15 PM »

anyone that says ozzy is shit obviously has not listened to peranoid! i love ozzy an vr.
i really like johnathon ross too but he jus always has sumthin bad to say bout vr,whats with that?!

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 04:06:32 PM »

What I meant to say is that Ozzy is shit 'at the minute'. Please no one else tell me how good he is or how good Black Sabbath are because I too own 3 of Ozzy's solo albums (Bark at the Moon, No More Tears, and Blizzard), and I have the Paranoid album on original cassette so i'm well aware of how good/influential this man is (especially with Sabbath). But the man's voice sucks now, i'm serious. So in my mind that makes him shit 'at the moment' and he won't get any better either at his age. So that's what i meant in my original post, that vr were picked ahead of Ozzy because he couldn't really pull off as good a performance......unless he mimed. I also think Axl's voice sucked during '02 and im not just basing that on the VMAs. But does that mean that im going to immediately deny the impact he's had on rock music? or the fact that he WAS one of the greatest frontmen of all time? NOOOOOOOO..... so no more stupid reply's please
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 05:16:33 PM »

Of course he was, he's just saying it to get attention because he has no fucking talent, he'll just go on some fucking programme and say "oh I didn't wike vewvet wevolvew because they awe old and Sssscott Weiland wowe a hat that I think wooked wike a bus conductews hat" he's a fucking scrotum.

I totally agree he's a fuck face he can't even pronounce Velvet "Wevolveh" so he has no right? to judge them? hihi

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
SourBaby
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 10:27:02 AM »

Well Ozzy Doesn't suck....  I would have picked VR over ozzy anyway... He is getting old, he probably couldn't stay up there that long.

"You Can Use Your Illusion Let it take you where it may, we live and learn but then sometimes it's best to walk away"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: