Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:48:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How tight are 'New' GNR going to be together musically after all this time?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How tight are 'New' GNR going to be together musically after all this time?  (Read 2818 times)
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« on: December 26, 2005, 10:33:28 PM »

I watched RIR 3 on DVD about a week ago and although it was a good show in parts there were some noticable flaws (Paradise City, end of Patience etc). However, I am not criticizing this at all, this as there 2nd show together and there were bound to be teething problems. Last night I put on the Albany 2002 show, the first thing I noticed were how much tighter the guys were together as a band than they were at Rio. I think the addition of Richard Fortus made a big improvement and obviously from doing a lot of shows and rehearsing together they had managed to find a really good chemistry together. Hell they'd even put a cool keyboard/synth part at the start of Rocket Queen!

My worry is this, the guys haven't played a show together in over 3 years and from what we hear it doesn't sound like they've rehearsed much (if at all) together either, so if they do play some shows in '06 do you think it will be like starting from scratch again?? Will they have to again, find that chemistry together? Or will they just gel again instantly even after all this time?? I mean if they do need to reahearse lets hope theyre gonna start doing it in early '06 if theyre doing summer festivals.

Your thoughts please

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 10:37:09 PM »

It will definitely be like starting from scratch. Especially if they add new material to their show. You're right about rehearsals. They need to start doing them 'soon' if anything is planned for the first half of 2006.

sergitou
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 01:11:18 AM »

Before that I hope we get some news SOON, because everything seems to look black..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 01:51:01 AM »

The band didn't sound so good in the first NA show of the tour (Tacoma). Listen to November Rain - it's all fucked up. And they just played the asia/european shows by that time.

I guess it's just a matter of being in the road. Once they start the tour, they will be tight.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 02:53:47 AM »

if it ever happens we will see... It still amazes me that  aband with not one album is away from the band so long
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 06:17:13 AM »

Well i think they're gonna play just nicely arter all theyr good players. and if u mean the first solo part from november rain, i think they just play it like that on purpose cuz after all they ar professionals.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 06:50:00 AM »

Before I say anything.. an apology in advance to the "hey if you dont have shit to say, dont say it" folks.. im not trying to rain on your "lets speculate to pass the time" parade

Why is this even a topic? Im not dissing specifically.. on this topic.. but on.. alot of the recent topics.. "Will 'Nu' GN'R play well on the next tour?"...  drool... whaaa? Is there even a tour confirmed?!

All im saying is.. at this point in the game.. this should be the LAST of our worrys. Axl Rose just needs to get his fat ass out and play. Not even that. Just, for the LOVE OF GOD, drop the fucking record. You can consider yourself retired afterwards. Its just honestly DIZZYING how fucked up the GN'R situation is. I have fuck'n faith in you Axl Rose. If your reading this (and I know you fuckin are), we, this WHOLE forum believe in your talent. I swear to god, im desperate.. i just play that boston radio promo.. the first motherfuckin SECOND before that damn announcer voice comes in.. and i PRETEND its the beginging of the studio "Chinese Democracy"...

Now ain't that sad? Have pity Axl. Have pity.

Well thats my rant.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
badapple81
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 08:08:40 AM »

They are all very talented with lots of experience so I'm sure it won't take them too much time.

They were very tight at HOB listening to the booteg CD, their first ever performance after one rehearsal with Axl prior, and Axl was on fine form too. I don't mind the odd 'mistake'.. it's what makes it a live rock and roll show. Half the time you can't notice anyway.

Anyway we'll soon see 'how tight' they are when they return  ok
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 08:39:54 AM »

- FIRST: The musicians need to write their own parts! that's a minimum to call a band "a band". I want to hear FORTUS own parts, not TOBIAS.
- The band will be (is?) absolutely tigher without Buckethead. They will be better accepted. Nobody will laught about them anymore, people will take them seriously now. Especially the m?dia and the general public.
- They will start from scratch. They will have to re-build almost everything. They have a lot of work.
- I hope they will be huge, selling 10, 15 or 20 million copies of ChiDem, playing stadiums, beeing #1 on charts, even if it will be very, very difficult.
- Yes, Fortus's arrival in 2002 improved the band very much (agree with the 1st post).
- The promotion needs to be there. Don't repeat the same mistakes of 2002, when the band was poorely promoted. The promotion will be a key.Playing at Rio could be a good start to make GN'R become a talkative band again in the media. Rock in Rio is a mediatic festival.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 08:47:34 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 11:31:10 AM »

Time will tell. But I think they'll be ok once they start touring, assuming something happens of course.

Fuck 'Em All.
Evolution
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »

Tighter than a nun's arse
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 01:39:32 PM »

I watched RIR 3 on DVD about a week ago and although it was a good show in parts there were some noticable flaws (end of Patience).

That was Axl's fault - he came in with the end verse too early and the band didn't know to adjust to it.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 02:06:57 PM »

It will definitely be like starting from scratch. Especially if they add new material to their show. You're right about rehearsals. They need to start doing them 'soon' if anything is planned for the first half of 2006.

Ha-said the same thing in the possible Spanish Tour thread---not to be redundant, but it'll be Tommy's schedule that will tell us what we'll go on-he's the guy who runs any rehearsals-if it is true at all that they're gonna book a tour, and he doesnt book anything with SA, then it's likely that is what he's up to.

As for how tight the band will sound-part of it will obviously be rehearsal, but you can't beat just going out there and getting it done-you saw the band get tighter as the 2002 tour went along-by Boston there were'nt many glitches left-and by MSG-holy shite!

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 02:27:23 PM »

Rock IN Rio wasnt a good show, was like seeing a gnr cover band, but the new songs were great.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 03:45:41 PM »

Just a question, at what stage did the band start "rehearsing" in '02?

Since the cancellation of the tour, have these guys even seen one another ina any capacity?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 03:46:37 PM »

As tight as a ducks rear end  hihi
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2005, 03:50:22 PM »

As tight as a ducks rear end? hihi

This raises an interesting point

the classic Gn'R sound was all about  the loose n' raw but tight sound (which teetered on sloppy at times)

'02 Gn'R at times sounded too tight for me - I know, I know, different band etc.. I just want to hear them play there own songs if they tour again and leave the classics be

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Evolution
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2005, 03:51:19 PM »

I guess "how tight" refers to any fuck-ups?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2005, 04:34:30 PM »

As tight as a ducks rear end? hihi

This raises an interesting point

the classic Gn'R sound was all about? the loose n' raw but tight sound (which teetered on sloppy at times)

'02 Gn'R at times sounded too tight for me - I know, I know, different band etc.. I just want to hear them play there own songs if they tour again and leave the classics be

I don't think that they played the old songs 'too tight'. They played them like they were not sure which part will come, what to play next, afraid to fuck up something and to tell the truth the sounded like they hadn't spent too much time with rehearsals. It was a lousy cover band, but they had moments (mostly Buckethead and sometimes Fortus). Finck and Brain, who is a good drummer, was a disaster. They played the new songs much better, those were 'their songs' unlike the classics.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2005, 07:14:35 PM »

Finck and Brain, who is a good drummer, was a disaster.

Brain a disaster?? Huh
are you kidding? His drums was awesome!
Robin wasn't a disaster either, he was really good at rythm, but he fucked-up lots of guitar solos. He seemed very nervous when he had to fill Slash shoes on Lead...it's like if it was the Himalaya for him sometimes (November Rain...)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 07:16:50 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: