Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:33:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Avenged Sevenfold
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avenged Sevenfold  (Read 78481 times)
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #220 on: September 19, 2010, 05:01:20 PM »

the flying drummer is cool, but with mike portnoy up there, i dont care if hes playing trash cans, he is so good & fun to watch. i just hope he reconsiders joining the band.
Krok1
Opening Act

« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2010, 10:14:15 AM »

I'm seeing Avenged Sevenfol in Oslo at 24th november, and I can't wait!
btw, seeing Disturbed on 19th november too, so...  Grin
Really excited!!! Cheesy
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2010, 01:30:58 PM »

the flying drummer is cool, but with mike portnoy up there, i dont care if hes playing trash cans, he is so good & fun to watch. i just hope he reconsiders joining the band.
hes left?

html sucks
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #223 on: September 20, 2010, 04:18:16 PM »

no, hes with them til the end of the tour, but he just put a press release out saying he is not in the band. he said he will be helping them until they can find a replacement. im just hoping now that hes not in dream theater anymore, he will reconsider joining.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2010, 06:47:51 AM »

nightmare is #30 on the billboard charts. i wonder what it has sold overall so far?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #225 on: September 24, 2010, 09:03:49 AM »

nightmare is #30 on the billboard charts. i wonder what it has sold overall so far?
by todays standards, probably 250,000 maximum.

html sucks
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #226 on: September 24, 2010, 02:42:10 PM »

i think it sold that the 1st week, or close to it. i dont think it has gone gold yet though. i think this tour is really helping the sales. they are getting such good reviews, & they deserve them. the show is mind blowing!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #227 on: September 24, 2010, 04:33:27 PM »

They are probably in the 350,000 to 400,000 range by now, it did about 250,000 in the first 2 weeks, and its been in the Top 20 for like 2 months till now,
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #228 on: September 24, 2010, 05:20:59 PM »

i doubt it will get to a 1000000 then. i think city of evil & s/t did though. i think im one of the few that loved the s/t. either way the tour is doing well, & thats all that matters in todays world.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #229 on: October 09, 2010, 02:52:56 PM »

nightmare is #51 on the billboard chart. welcome to the family is the new single & video. i think they picked the wrong song. i dont know if that will help sales. they should of went with buried alive. i think that song can be huge! either way, the album had a great ride on the charts!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2010, 10:32:29 PM »

nightmare is #51 on the billboard chart. welcome to the family is the new single & video. i think they picked the wrong song. i dont know if that will help sales. they should of went with buried alive. i think that song can be huge! either way, the album had a great ride on the charts!

oh yeah, it was easily the biggest hard rock album of the year.  "Welcome to the Family" is a great song,but  i would have liked to see them go with a Rev tribute video for "So Far Away".."Buried Alive" is amazing but was already used as a lyric video when the album came out..
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #231 on: October 10, 2010, 01:52:55 AM »

Buried Alive would have been awesome, thats my favorite song  next to Nightmare... Maybe So Far Away will be the 3rd Single?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2010, 08:44:33 AM »

Starting to really get into this band, the more I delve into their catalogue, the more I find I like after a few listens.

I'm absolutely loving Almost Easy at the moment, just a great kick ass heavy rock tune.

I have City Of Evil, and I plan to get their self-titled and Nightmare.
There's an album that came out before City of Evil though right?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #233 on: October 11, 2010, 02:49:36 AM »

there are 2 albums & a e.p before city of evil.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #234 on: October 11, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »

yeah the album before City of Evil is called "Waking the Fallen" and is still regarded by many as their best album.  FYI the vocals are different on "Waking the Fallen"  Matt screams the verses on most songs and sings the chorus, they were a big part of the Orange County Metalcore scene at that time, and that was their style.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2010, 04:30:35 AM »

Bought the self-titled album today, and I think Ax7 have become my favourite new band. Awesome stuff! ok

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2010, 04:32:10 AM »

yeah the album before City of Evil is called "Waking the Fallen" and is still regarded by many as their best album.  FYI the vocals are different on "Waking the Fallen"  Matt screams the verses on most songs and sings the chorus, they were a big part of the Orange County Metalcore scene at that time, and that was their style.

Yeah, I've seen some live footage of them playing some Waking the Fallen material, and I'm not a fan of the screaming vocals, I'm glad he shifted to more melodic, actual singing.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2010, 01:55:38 PM »

Yeah, I've seen some live footage of them playing some Waking the Fallen material, and I'm not a fan of the screaming vocals, I'm glad he shifted to more melodic, actual singing.

yeah me too...The actual singing he does on "Waking the Fallen" is great, like the choruses and stuff...Unholy Confessons, Chapter 4, Second Heartbeat, I Wont see you Tonight Part 1, are some of my favorites on that, but they are all good.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2010, 06:43:40 PM »

i really like stst & waking the fallen. the vocals are different, but are still very diverse. i remember the 1st time a saw them play. the thing that caught my eye was zacky wearing a gnr shirt. (back then it was'nt cool to like gnr). after there set i met them & they gave me a demo cd. (which is stst, but different takes, no synyster gates, & a bass player named justin sane). when i listened to the album, i knew they had the "it" factor. this wasnt just another band. then waking the fallen hit. that album has elements of gnr, pantera, metallica, & queen. you could here something special & unique was forming. (to this day, i hear something different everytime i listen to it). then city of evil hit, & the rest is history.(& for the record the self titled is a very good album.) i love that this band is not afraid to try things different. but give the 1st 2 albums a listen. they may be a different gem. but you may find that they sparkle just as much as the others!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2010, 10:18:19 PM »

+1 to everything you said.  Very cool that you got to see them before they really hit it big.  Ive seen them 13 times now, and everytime it gets better than the last. 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: