Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:17:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Avenged Sevenfold
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avenged Sevenfold  (Read 78832 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2010, 08:40:13 AM »

the album is alot to consume. but it has so much emotion in not only the lyrics, but the guitar work also. the drumming is unreal. as far as the lyrics for beast and the harlot, they are not cheesy at all. they are very biblical & have alot of metaphors. maybe they are too complex for some, or not your cup of tea. from there 1st release to nightmare they have grown up so much. this is a very special band. im just so happy & excited to see what lies ahead 4 them.
i dont need biblical references. Its not really complex, its just boring. They are a band i cannot relate to at all.

html sucks
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2010, 09:10:01 AM »

I suggest you stop reading about them, then. Tongue
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2010, 09:25:29 AM »

Well if everyone (and by everyone, im not just on bout this forum) wasnt buttlicking them just because their drummer died...i wouldnt have to!!!

Its what i call John Lennon Syndrome. Once the dude dies, everything is seen through rose tinted glasses.

Happened with Nirvana n Kurt Cobain. In Utero is horrendous for the most part n its treated like some holy album.

Everyone suddenly became Pantera fans, and the band became cool again once Dimebag died. (i like Pantera though)

And anyway, for the most part, i just post about bands i like on these forums. Everybody else gets to rip when they want. So im sure, just for one band, im allowed a good rant or two about them.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2010, 10:34:46 AM »

Well if everyone (and by everyone, im not just on bout this forum) wasnt buttlicking them just because their drummer died...i wouldnt have to!!!

lee, you were in this thread when the self titled came out as well and was writing about how shitty they were, at that time, both me and bodhi were already fans so we didn't start to buttlick 'em when the rev died, you're full of it now man..
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2010, 10:40:25 AM »

Its what i call John Lennon Syndrome. Once the dude dies, everything is seen through rose tinted glasses.

couldnt be further from the truth.  First of all who is "everyone" on this forum?  There are like 4 people who post in this thread.  Second, you know how many album sales their drummer dying contributed to?  0,  Ill spell it out ZERO.  This is a band that gets zero radio airplay and most people in America have no idea who the hell they are, let alone that their drummer died.  The sales of their last few records have been trending upwards for years and this thing was hitting number 1 or 2 even if the drummer didnt die.

And on a side note, ive been "buttlicking" this band and saying how much better they are than everyone for like 6 years now.  Not suddenly... hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2010, 06:51:21 PM »

^ like i said, not just people on the forum cheapjon.

At Bodhi. It must be a very different musical landscape in the states!!! Avenged get airplay all the time here, on the radios and TV, regular. Lots of magazine articles wrote on them. Very well known here.

html sucks
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2010, 07:24:09 PM »

In Utero is horrendous for the most part n its treated like some holy album.

I just have to step in and say: In Utero is a holy album. Cool headbanger

Continue thread. Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2010, 07:29:54 PM »

In Utero is horrendous for the most part n its treated like some holy album.

I just have to step in and say: In Utero is a holy album. Cool headbanger

Continue thread. Cheesy
last off topic post. But i do not see the hype.

Their previous albums had some great stuff. But minus the "ballady" type songs of all apologies etc. The rock songs are crap, the guitars n vocals are all out of tune etc.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »

At Bodhi. It must be a very different musical landscape in the states!!! Avenged get airplay all the time here, on the radios and TV, regular. Lots of magazine articles wrote on them. Very well known here.

yeah absolutely, i think we talked about this before at some point.  I have heard Avenged on the radio twice in 10 years, and on indie stations, never a mainstream rock station. They are almost an underground band here in the states. 
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »

yeah absolutely, i think we talked about this before at some point.  I have heard Avenged on the radio twice in 10 years, and on indie stations, never a mainstream rock station. They are almost an underground band here in the states. 
but dont they play arenas over there?

html sucks
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2010, 09:28:19 PM »

I guess shite doesn't always sell.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2010, 04:27:25 AM »

in utero sold very well & was praised by critics, and fans way before kurt died. you can't compare the rev. passing to kurt at all. comparing cliff from metallica is similar. when cliff died nobody outside of the metal world cared. metallica was growing in popularity. once justice was released, (i dont count garage days as a album) it blew everyone away. did cliffs' passing sell justice? hell no! the music did. thats what will sell "nightmare". and i live in los angeles and a7x get no radio play here. i dont like acdc, but i would never rip them because i would look foolish, and yes i have seen acdc live & they are awesome, i just dont care for there music. as i understand people dont like a7x, thats fine, but why even post in there section? if i posted in a acdc section i would look like a ass. btw, i just got the instrumentals of nightmare. the inst. give you a different aspect of the cd. the drumming is insane. i just cant get enough of this cd.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2010, 10:24:47 AM »

hell no, they play like 3,000 seat places, they only play arenas when they headline with another big band or 2.  They sell out most shows, but they are not a well known band in the states, def part of a certain scene.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2010, 10:25:30 AM »

wow thanks for contributing, intelligent and informative.  Not for nothing, but you also think Everclear is good, so maybe we shouldnt be putting too much stock into what you consider "shite."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:40:58 AM by Bodhi » Logged
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2010, 11:00:57 AM »

hell no, they play like 3,000 seat places, they only play arenas when they headline with another big band or 2.  They sell out most shows, but they are not a well known band in the states, def part of a certain scene.

That's crazy. In the UK their going to be part of a high profile co-headline tour with Stone Sour. I had no idea that they didn't get treated the same way in their home country.
I've been a fan since I heard Trashed & Scattered on a CD that came on the cover of a magazine over here in '05. Then saw them play in London, and in 06 they had a pretty respectable place on the bill at Download that was pretty damn awesome.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2010, 11:44:26 AM »

That's crazy. In the UK their going to be part of a high profile co-headline tour with Stone Sour. I had no idea that they didn't get treated the same way in their home country.
I've been a fan since I heard Trashed & Scattered on a CD that came on the cover of a magazine over here in '05. Then saw them play in London, and in 06 they had a pretty respectable place on the bill at Download that was pretty damn awesome.

yeah they are a popular band in the states, but only among certain people. They get no radio play whatsoever here in the NYC area.  This album will debut at number 1 on the billboard charts, maybe number 2 if Eminem holds up, but i woulndnt be surprised if it drops out of the Top 10 next week or maybe even 20, cause everyone that wants it bought it the first week, they arent in position to win over new fans with promo because they really dont get any promo.  Also keep in mind this is a country that thinks Slash is still in GNR, have no idea that "Chinese Democracy" came out and also fills up 20,000 seat arenas to watch Nickelback...so......
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 11:56:16 AM by Bodhi » Logged
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2010, 12:53:36 PM »

yeah they are a popular band in the states, but only among certain people. They get no radio play whatsoever here in the NYC area.  This album will debut at number 1 on the billboard charts, maybe number 2 if Eminem holds up, but i woulndnt be surprised if it drops out of the Top 10 next week or maybe even 20, cause everyone that wants it bought it the first week, they arent in position to win over new fans with promo because they really dont get any promo.  Also keep in mind this is a country that thinks Slash is still in GNR, have no idea that "Chinese Democracy" came out and also fills up 20,000 seat arenas to watch Nickelback...so......

Must be just in your area then, here in Vegas, I hear Nightmare constantly on at least two different stations. Not to mention their other hits.

Axl is God.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2010, 01:36:55 PM »

they get no play in los angeles either. the only song that ever got play was bat country. if only knac was still here. i wonder if they had long hair & didnt dress so "trendy" would more metal heads would like them? it was nice to see the l.a times newspaper here retract there bad review of the album & re-review it. the 2nd review was good. i dont even think the 1st reviewer listened to the album as he called it satanic screaming.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2010, 02:01:26 PM »

wow thanks for contributing, intelligent and informative.  Not for nothing, but you also think Everclear is good, so maybe we shouldnt be putting too much stock into what you consider "shite."

You're right, good Christian Rock boys like Creed destroy them ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2010, 04:31:50 PM »

i didnt evem know everclear was still around. but weither u like everclear or creed, thats your choice. but why in the fuck would you comment on the a7x section if you dont like them? i just dont get it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: