Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 10:54:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228154 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Avenged Sevenfold
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avenged Sevenfold  (Read 79095 times)
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2007, 09:39:39 PM »

How is Down unlistenable?

how arent they...they sound like a mess....poorly constructed songs....not to mention lame lyrics and song titles.....which really sucks because phil and rex are awesome...i expect more out of them

New Down album is incredible. If you're stating that without hearing it I think you should check it out. If you have, well you have a right to your opinion. And I don't think A7X made the clown music song for artistic purposes or to be different. It sounds like it was because it's easily digestable "rock" for the same people who bought Justin Timberlake's albums. Guarentee it is eventually a single.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2007, 10:13:41 PM »

This A7X album got boring quickly, I listened for maybe a week then got bored, and I doubt I'll ever listen again. The band's attitude and the feel of the music is just embarrassing.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2007, 10:52:05 PM »

They should have named the new album " one step away from being Good  Charlotte  t"

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Gunner101
Opening Act

gnrevolution.com

« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2007, 02:11:33 AM »

How is Down unlistenable?

how arent they...they sound like a mess....poorly constructed songs....not to mention lame lyrics and song titles.....which really sucks because phil and rex are awesome...i expect more out of them

Lyrics suck? Those lyrics sum up the life of the members of Down over the past years and the tragic events with Dime and Hurricane Katrina. Bitching about song titles? They sound solid and tight as a band on the record.. We must have different speakers.  hihi

gnrevolution.com
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2007, 08:50:02 AM »

I have NOT heard the latest down album yet...im going soley on Down 2 which I own and have listened to twice before throwing it in a the pile of cds I never listen to...i will check out the new album...but if you're already telling me the songs about hurricane katrina and dime...yawn.....
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2007, 01:51:43 PM »

I have NOT heard the latest down album yet...im going soley on Down 2 which I own and have listened to twice before throwing it in a the pile of cds I never listen to...i will check out the new album...but if you're already telling me the songs about hurricane katrina and dime...yawn.....

Dude- listen to Nola. It's fucking fantastic. Way better than Down II.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2007, 11:30:07 PM »

i don't own Down 2, just NoLa and Over the Under (down 3).  PLEASE do yourself a favor and check out the latest down - you can hear a few songs on their myspace and most of the album is on youtube too.

i really wanted to like A7X newest, but I just can't.  its painfully average (and thats being nice).  I'm all for bands trying new things and sounding different, but it still has to be good.  Most of A7X's "different" songs are just, well...  bad.

I literally can't stop listening to Down 3, every song is just amazing. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2007, 10:15:32 PM »

been listening to the clown song a bit more - its not THAT bad, def growing on me.  still, i think they tried to hard and put too many "non musical" elements into it. 

still disappointing overall though.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2007, 10:00:11 AM »

I had a lot of hope for Avenged Sevenfold after hearing the hits from City of Evil, but, truth be told, they're not nearly as good as they could be.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2007, 02:55:56 PM »

just stole the selftitled..

have heard about half of it.. i have liked what i've heard as of yet..

great melodies yes will come back with a better review after a few more listens.. gotta put it on the ipod Wink
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 03:05:45 PM by CheapJules » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2007, 03:08:29 PM »

great melodies yes will come back with a better review after a few more listens.. gotta put it on the ipod Wink
its a waste of good hard-drive space.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2007, 04:40:16 PM »

are you talking about the new crashdiet album?? hihi this thread is about a7x? Tongue
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2007, 05:20:42 PM »

are you talking about the new crashdiet album?  hihi this thread is about a7x  Tongue

lol shut up cheapjon, you havent even listened to the new crashdiet album  Cheesy

nah seriously A7X suck and this album cements that fact in my opinion.

html sucks
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2007, 05:32:52 PM »

man, you don't like crashdiet haters in the crashdiet thread.. why go hating in other band threads.. that's double standards..
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2007, 05:36:44 PM »

man, you don't like crashdiet haters in the crashdiet thread.. why go hating in other band threads.. that's double standards..

most people that hate crashdiet pre-judge them by image though, thats my issue.

avenged sevenfold are an established band, they have alot of fans and are making alot of money, i think its fine they have some criticism...

but, my post was just saying the new album is a waste of hard drive space, i downloaded it to give it a shot too as the singles were good from it.

Not just me dissappointed with this album either, if you look above at some previous posts. so chill cheapjon and lets leave you to review this album Wink

html sucks
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2007, 05:58:26 PM »

lee.. i know you downloaded it, i know you and other guys thought it sucked, i read it a month back.. i've read this thread even though i haven't downloaded it until tonight.. i don't care about what you guys think, i'm here to voice my unspoken opinion of the new selftitled album.. i've already read yours so no reason of coming back with your "new album sucks" comments (that goes out to all the haters of the new album ok)

this is for lee.. when you came back saying how the album sucked, i was joking with you, talkin' bout crashdiet.. you know i haven't pre-judged them, i like their first album, but the 5 songs i've heard of the new IMO suck.. (and those 5 are the songs you've sent me that you thought were the best on the record..) we have already talked abot this issue on msn so you don't have to come and take it here now hihi

i don't like talking about crashdiet or down in the a7x thread.. there's threads for all 3 bands, let's use 'em

lee, i'm sorry that you didn't understand such an obvious joke Tongue

saying a band sucks is not giving them criticism though..
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2007, 06:01:20 PM »

well i could criticise them lol, but then id have a load of posters come counter argueing, and then id argue back. and so on, and so on.

sometimes i just cant be bothered to fill jarmos forum up with pages of war LOL.

So ill let it be. you still havent posted a review though  ok

so peace  peace

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2008, 03:28:47 PM »

so I saw A7X the other night headlining "taste of chaos' and im pretty sure this is the best band to come out since Guns N Roses...their songwriting blows anything else today WAYYY out of the water...all of their songs on the new record sound different....they really are the best band going..
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2008, 03:47:33 PM »

so I saw A7X the other night headlining "taste of chaos' and im pretty sure this is the best band to come out since Guns N Roses...their songwriting blows anything else today WAYYY out of the water...all of their songs on the new record sound different....they really are the best band going..

they're good! Smiley.. not that good though hihi
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2008, 05:44:02 PM »

they're good! Smiley.. not that good though hihi

I think they are better than anything that has come out since 1987...im not even exaggerating with that....they have 4 records out and the last 3 are incredible....they are def better than any 90's band....who would you rate better than them either today or in the last 15 years?  just out of curiousity...because I cant think of anyone...ive been waiting for a band like this since GNR stopped putting out records
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: