Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:19:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Avenged Sevenfold
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avenged Sevenfold  (Read 78679 times)
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #180 on: August 03, 2010, 06:01:36 PM »

a7x will be on loveline 2nite.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2010, 06:33:59 PM »

^ like i said, not just people on the forum cheapjon.

At Bodhi. It must be a very different musical landscape in the states!!! Avenged get airplay all the time here, on the radios and TV, regular. Lots of magazine articles wrote on them. Very well known here.

yeah absolutely, i think we talked about this before at some point.  I have heard Avenged on the radio twice in 10 years, and on indie stations, never a mainstream rock station. They are almost an underground band here in the states. 

I guess shite doesn't always sell.

wow thanks for contributing, intelligent and informative.  Not for nothing, but you also think Everclear is good, so maybe we shouldnt be putting too much stock into what you consider "shite."

You're right, good Christian Rock boys like Creed destroy them ok

Musically Mark Tremonti pisses all over Everclear, there is no argument there,  as I have always said I enjoy Tremontis playing he is a great guitar player.  Although his playing in Alter Bridge blows away Creed, he still has a some cool riffs in Creed.   You actually thought Art was a good songwriter and artist....thats classic. Then again judging from your musical interests besides GNR, musicianship is obviously not a priority for you.  So you not "getting" Avenged Sevenfold makes all the more sense..

Regardless of that Avenged Sevenfold is the best young hard rock band going today, so lets focus on that.  Once again, I dont know why you are trolling this thread..
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 06:36:23 PM by Bodhi » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2010, 06:53:11 PM »

^ like i said, not just people on the forum cheapjon.

At Bodhi. It must be a very different musical landscape in the states!!! Avenged get airplay all the time here, on the radios and TV, regular. Lots of magazine articles wrote on them. Very well known here.

yeah absolutely, i think we talked about this before at some point.  I have heard Avenged on the radio twice in 10 years, and on indie stations, never a mainstream rock station. They are almost an underground band here in the states. 

I guess shite doesn't always sell.

wow thanks for contributing, intelligent and informative.  Not for nothing, but you also think Everclear is good, so maybe we shouldnt be putting too much stock into what you consider "shite."

You're right, good Christian Rock boys like Creed destroy them ok

Musically Mark Tremonti pisses all over Everclear, there is no argument there,  as I have always said I enjoy Tremontis playing he is a great guitar player.  Although his playing in Alter Bridge blows away Creed, he still has a some cool riffs in Creed.   You actually thought Art was a good songwriter and artist....thats classic. Then again judging from your musical interests besides GNR, musicianship is obviously not a priority for you.  So you not "getting" Avenged Sevenfold makes all the more sense..

Regardless of that Avenged Sevenfold is the best young hard rock band going today, so lets focus on that.  Once again, I dont know why you are trolling this thread..

Everclear were never a guitar band. For someone like yourself with such intimate knowledge of the music world, you should know such an argument is absurd. They were a grunge band who morphed into an alternative band. After 15 years, everyone and their dog still agrees Sparkle and Fade is one of the defintive grunge albums of the '90s.

On the otherhand, who in the 21st Century even remotely cares about Creed? Oh, total meatheads like yourself.

Say what you will about Everclear or Art, but at least they always looked like a solid rock band, not like aX7 below who look like a bunch of girls who stole their mom?s makeup kit before raiding Hot Topic:

Let?s not even get started on the band?s artwork, like wtf is this?:

You bash Tool, a band whose won Grammy awards for their artwork alone, and then celebrate a band with absolute garbage artwork like that. The irony is gettin? a bit thick in here.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 06:56:15 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »

wtf does there image have to do with there music? like i said if they had long hair & didnt dress trendy, im sure people would open their ears a bit more. i also happen to think the deathbat is a cool logo. i also never new everclear was a grunge band. allways thought they were a 1 hit wonder pop band. guess i was wrong.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2010, 03:26:38 AM »

btw nightmare is #1 on billboard top 200 with 162,505 copies sold.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2010, 06:00:48 AM »

Off topic: I remember seeing an interview with that arrogant fuckwit Everclear frontman saying about certain bands overstaying their welcome ie. some of the bigger rock bands that were around at the time.
And well Art, I happen to think Everclear overstayed their welcome after their first single came out. I thought their music was ok for what it was, but statements like that make me think "who the fuck are you to judge other bands an musicians that have been around for a while?"

And to call their shitty "pop" CD a definitive album from the grunge period, is just laughable. rofl

Back on topic: I've head plenty of good things about this new Ax7 album, and I've seen some great live footage of them, so I'll buy this album to check it out, and to support them seeing there aren't many good rock bands around these days.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2010, 06:01:50 AM »

btw nightmare is #1 on billboard top 200 with 162,505 copies sold.

Great to hear! ok

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2010, 10:20:58 AM »

wtf does there image have to do with there music? like i said if they had long hair & didnt dress trendy, im sure people would open their ears a bit more. i also happen to think the deathbat is a cool logo. i also never new everclear was a grunge band. allways thought they were a 1 hit wonder pop band. guess i was wrong.
That wont save you on a GNR forum, im a fan of glam, and that music is constantly put down for its image alone.

html sucks
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2010, 10:27:46 AM »

That wont save you on a GNR forum, im a fan of glam, and that music is constantly put down for its image alone.

Not for its image alone - though it certainly doesn't help. The fact that it is the most awful music ever to be referred to as 'rock' is the main reason it's put down, though.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2010, 10:28:37 AM »

And to call their shitty "pop" CD a definitive album from the grunge period, is just laughable. rofl

Everclear's major-label debut is a tough, melodic set of gnarled post-punk hard rock. An easy comparison is Nirvana, but Everclear's music is closer to the country-rock leanings of Screaming Trees ? underneath their loud, grungy guitars there is a distinct rootsiness lacking in most Seattle bands and that gives Sparkle and Fade its edge.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:9jrsa9lgu23d

Yeah, that sounds like the epitome of "pop" hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2010, 10:34:23 AM »

Not for its image alone - though it certainly doesn't help. The fact that it is the most awful music ever to be referred to as 'rock' is the main reason it's put down, though.
i disagree strongly. Especially with all the emo and indie music which came out 2005 onwards.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #191 on: August 04, 2010, 03:31:31 PM »

You bash Tool, a band whose won Grammy awards for their artwork alone, and then celebrate a band with absolute garbage artwork like that. The irony is gettin? a bit thick in here.

oh they won a grammy they must be good!  Guns N Roses must suck then.   Avenged Sevenfold doesnt need artwork to sell records, check billboard.com today.  hihi Dude, you are a fucking clown.  Let's sum this up, you come into OUR thread about a band that you dont fucking like and start insulting people for liking that band?  You come in and start calling me names because I like a certain kind of music?  Looks like youre the douchebag here. 

sidenote:  Im from Jersey, "meathead" is actually a compliment here, so thank you.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 03:37:23 PM by Bodhi » Logged
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2010, 03:58:41 PM »

i like tool also, but didnt the singer wear make up & a bra on stage? doesnt he wear a wig in perfect circle also? i could swear axl has been wearing eyeliner on tour, & some would question his fashion on stage also. as far as the artwork, u2 must suck because they have no artwork, right? i get it, you dont like a7x, thats fine. i dont get why you would even post in the thread? why not just post in the everclear thread about how great they are, you can make fun of a7x over there & talk about how bad mike portnoy is at drums, or how syn cant play guitar, or how m shadows doesnt sing he just screams, even though that was 2003, & now only sings, & how foolish slash is because he said "m shadows has such a great voice & is one hell of a songwriter". etc..etc...etc.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2010, 06:19:45 PM »

THANK YOU FROM A7X

Today at 2:31pm

Today we raise our glasses to Jimmy who is smiling down on us all for sending him off with the #1 album in America. TONIGHT WE DRINK TOGETHER IN CELEBRATION OF SUCCESSFULLY MAKING IT #1!!! and the blood sweat and many tears it took us and our fans to get to this moment. This #1 belongs to every member of the A7X family. Pause....and Enjoy ? love A7X
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #194 on: August 05, 2010, 11:50:46 AM »

Everclear's major-label debut is a tough, melodic set of gnarled post-punk hard rock. An easy comparison is Nirvana, but Everclear's music is closer to the country-rock leanings of Screaming Trees ? underneath their loud, grungy guitars there is a distinct rootsiness lacking in most Seattle bands and that gives Sparkle and Fade its edge.

All the singles released from the album sounded like pop rock to me, I don't need to read a review to tell me what my ears hear.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2010, 12:30:21 PM »

All the singles released from the album sounded like pop rock to me, I don't need to read a review to tell me what my ears hear.

Yes, and singles are always representative of what an entire album sounds like - all of STP's 4 sounds exactly like Sour Girl Roll Eyes

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2010, 03:13:19 PM »

AVENGED SEVENFOLD Bassist On Topping BILLBOARD Chart - Aug. 4, 2010

Bassist Johnny Christ of Orange County, California's AVENGED SEVENFOLD spoke to MTV News about how the band celebrated the news that its fifth album, "Nightmare", debuted at the top of The Billboard 200 chart with first-week sales of over 162,000 copies.

"I got the call from my manager last night," Christ said. "Unfortunately, Matt [Sanders, better known as M. Shadows] and Zack [a.k.a. Zacky Vengeance] were doing press in L.A., but me and Brian [a.k.a. Synyster Gates] went out to celebrate and had some dinner together. It was pretty fun. It was more about the drinks. We were just drinking, having a good time. We should have been being good boys and not drinking last night, but it's the first time we're on the top of the Billboard, and that only happens once. We had to do something."

"Nightmare" was completed after the death of drummer Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, who passed away last December following an overdose of prescription drugs and alcohol. Vengeance told The Pulse of Radio how the band got through the making of the record after losing their friend. "You know, you carry on knowing that there's something so much more important than yourself to deliver, to millions of fans across the world, to all your friends, and to yourself," he said. "To put out this piece of music that he helped write with us is extremely, extremely difficult and I don't wish it on anybody. But I think the end result is even that much more spectacular because it brought us all closer and we did, you know, him justice."

The band recruited DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy to play on the new album and all the band's 2010 tour dates.

Portnoy made his concert debut with the band on July 25 as they played live for the first time since Sullivan's death at the Heavy MTL festival in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

AVENGED SEVENFOLD will co-headline this summer's inaugural Uproar Festival tour with DISTURBED and STONE SOUR, beginning on August 17 in Minneapolis.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2010, 09:13:47 AM »

Yes, and singles are always representative of what an entire album sounds like - all of STP's 4 sounds exactly like Sour Girl Roll Eyes

I don't believe we were talking about STP, but all the stuff I've heard played on the radio by Everclear sounds like pop rock, and pretty lame pop rock at that.

You can argue your point about "definitive grunge album" all you want, they sure don't sound like it to me.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2010, 01:28:01 PM »

Avenged Sevenfold Hit Number One, Prove Metal Is Recession Proof
 by Amy Sciarretto

Avenged Sevenfold debuted at the plum spot of number one on this week's Billboard sales chart, with their new album 'Nightmare' selling nearly 163,000 copies its first week in stores and finally toppling Eminem from his month-long reign atop the charts.

That's a huge amount of records in today's marketplace, and the band has been clawing its way to the top since the early '00s, so it's a testament to their work ethic and to the devotion of their fans, who rallied behind the band when drummer Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan unexpectedly passed away in late December. Moreover, it's one of two key factors that are proving that in a down music industry, metal is recession-proof.

In addition to 'Nightmare' outpacing its self-titled predecessor by nearly doubling its first week's sales tally, the third annual Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival, featuring the likes of Korn, Rob Zombie, Lamb of God, Five Finger Death Punch, Hatebreed and Shadows Fall, among others, is bucking the summer tour trend that has seen acts like Christina Aguilera and Limp Bizkit cancel entire tours and more mainstream-leaning jaunts like the all-female Lilith Fair and the 'American Idol' tour axing dates.

The touring market is sluggish, with ticket sales plummeting to alarming, code red lows, but with Mayhem, it's full steam ahead. The tour is enjoying a 30 percent increase in sales this summer, thanks to an attractive and affordable ticket price for a 10-hour day of quality metal entertainment. Fans are turning out in droves, showing up for the side stage bands and staying through the headliner encore.

While there is no denying that the economy is in a tenuous state, the metal community is still looking for quality entertainment with value-friendly prices. The headbangers are still buying records and showing up for concerts. We may be flirting with a recession overall and record and ticket sales continue to dip, but Avenged Sevenfold, who will co-headline the Uproar festival starting later this month, which picks up where Mayhem leaves off, and Mayhem are two shining example of metal circumventing the recession and serving as a bright spot! Music heals and cures and metal fans are letting it the genre do its job.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2010, 01:53:25 PM »

im wondering what the drop off in record sales will be this week. i honestly think a7x should be the last band on stage rather than disturbed. a7x just put on a way better show, & really get the crowd into it. i would hate to have to go on after them, they really tire the crowd out!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: