Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:30:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Avenged Sevenfold
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avenged Sevenfold  (Read 78838 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2010, 05:38:53 PM »

yeah i like some of that cheese, but its got good riffs to back it up.

This "Nightmare" song is a different type of cheese, the lyrics fall closely to Iron Maidens level of tackyness with all the flesh, monsters "ohh scaryyyy". Plus his Axl "Its so Easy" impersonating is getting worse!

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2010, 09:30:29 PM »

well agree to disagree. It wasnt about monsters it was about being a shitty person and going to hell(burning flesh).  I think lyrically A7X is better than most current metal/rock bands, their songs actually tell a story, they are not about how much pussy they can get or how much alcohol they can drink.  And the guitar playing, bass and drumming is light years ahead of other bands.  Mike Portnoy is the greatest rock drummer in the history of mankind, the only guy close to him in recent years was the Rev, which is why he is a perfect fit for this record.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2010, 11:30:45 AM »

i just think its too over the top though.

Example, the drum intro to that song. The OTT "drums a million beats at once" drum roll. Just lacks in the rythym. I think things can get overly technical sometimes  n it spoils a songs groove.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »

teaser trailer for "Nightmare" video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ILIBmE7VBs&feature=player_embedded
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2010, 11:52:24 AM »

Listened to the new album on Spotify earlier today. It's awesome. I'm not sure yet, but it might even have managed to exceed City Of Evil. As soon as I have some money to myself again, I'll definitely have this on the to-buy list.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2010, 09:06:34 PM »

cant stop listening to it, the best hard rock album ive heard in years.  They are so far advanced compared to what other bands are doing, it really isnt fair how much better they are than EVERYONE.  In my humble opinion... hihi
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2010, 07:47:29 AM »

i've had a really hard time getting into it, i think they're trying to be too epic orsomething
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2010, 01:35:58 PM »

I didnt have a hard time at all getting into this record.  I just pushed play on my Ipod and I was into it.  No such thing as TOO epic... Smiley
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2010, 01:54:04 PM »

I love epic, so I'm probably with Bodhi on this one. I'm pretty relieved considering I think their last album was a bit of a misfire (though there were some great songs on there like Dear God).
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »

cant stop listening to it, the best hard rock album ive heard in years.  They are so far advanced compared to what other bands are doing, it really isnt fair how much better they are than EVERYONE.  In my humble opinion... hihi
Its a shame they couldnt get a good vocalist for the job.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2010, 03:47:58 PM »

it's seems to be a grower, i'm on the third listen now and every song has been better on this spin hihi

still some weird trying to be epic stuff going on, like the female (?) great gig in the sky sorta wailing in some song but maybe i'll love it later Tongue

god hates us headbanger
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:10:22 PM by CheapJon » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2010, 06:13:52 PM »

NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!   beer

AVENGED SEVENFOLD's 'Nightmare' Headed For Top Of U.S. Chart - July 28, 2010

"Nightmare", the fifth album from Orange County, California's AVENGED SEVENFOLD, is likely to sell between 160,000 and 175,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at the top of next week's The Billboard 200 chart, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on one-day sales reports compiled after the record arrived in stores on Tuesday (July 27).

AVENGED SEVENFOLD's self-titled fourth album sold 94,000 copies in its first week of release back in November 2007, nearly three times what its 2005 effort, "City of Evil", sold in its biggest week on the chart.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2010, 01:58:27 AM »

i think this is the album that puts them over the top. its a album that you have absorb. matts lyrics are so heart felt. the production of the cd is great. & the grammy for best hard rock/heavy metal album of the year goes to, "avenged sevenfold, nightmare"!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2010, 11:22:26 AM »

the vocals are some of my favorite parts actually, its like having kind of a punk/screamer voice over dueling twin guitar solos.  Usually its some type of wailing british style voice like Dickinson or Halford over music like this, its different which is why I like it.  The wailers sound like they are about to fight dragons with swords, this has an edge to it.  plus most importantly he never sings about how much he loves to "rock" or about getting wasted and "partying." 
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »

I really think that Shadows has come into his own vocally in this record. He sounds a lot less whiny than he has in previous records.
Also... God Hates Us is my least favourite track on the record. I prefer the more melodic stuff.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2010, 08:39:19 AM »

the vocals are some of my favorite parts actually, its like having kind of a punk/screamer voice over dueling twin guitar solos.  Usually its some type of wailing british style voice like Dickinson or Halford over music like this, its different which is why I like it.  The wailers sound like they are about to fight dragons with swords, this has an edge to it.  plus most importantly he never sings about how much he loves to "rock" or about getting wasted and "partying." 
its not really punk vocals though, punk vocals are often more aggressive.

He just sings in a mock "Its so Easy" Axl Rose voice most of the tone, its really monotone and gets really uninspired. and screaming vocals of today suck ass. If it were Sebastian Bach screams, id be happy. But hes a far cry from bach.

Also, "shes a dwelling place for demoms" and various cheese is alot worse than singing about partying. While i prefer good lyrics, i dont think you can use A7x's lyrics to impress me lol!

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2010, 10:40:25 AM »

Also, "shes a dwelling place for demoms" and various cheese is alot worse than singing about partying. While i prefer good lyrics, i dont think you can use A7x's lyrics to impress me lol!

i think you need to read some more lyrics by A7X, especially from Waking the Fallen, self titled and Nightmare, you might change your mind
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2010, 07:46:18 PM »

i've had a really hard time getting into it, i think they're trying to be too epic orsomething
you know what? now i fucking love the record hihi this experience is pretty much the opposite of the one with getting into the self titled which i loved right away then it kinda faded and today i pretty much only listen to 3-4 songs on it, with this i didn't like it at first then it grew and now i pretty much like all but 3-4 songs but they're still alrite and maybe they'll grow to be favorites Tongue
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2010, 02:11:01 AM »

the album is alot to consume. but it has so much emotion in not only the lyrics, but the guitar work also. the drumming is unreal. as far as the lyrics for beast and the harlot, they are not cheesy at all. they are very biblical & have alot of metaphors. maybe they are too complex for some, or not your cup of tea. from there 1st release to nightmare they have grown up so much. this is a very special band. im just so happy & excited to see what lies ahead 4 them.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »

pics from the warm up show in CT the other night, my 10th Avenged show overall, Shadows wearing a shirt of a pretty decent band...

« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 03:43:29 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: