Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 11:45:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Avenged Sevenfold
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avenged Sevenfold  (Read 78997 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2009, 06:02:34 PM »

you'll look just like him.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2009, 06:05:29 PM »

you'll look just like him.
u know what, he looks just like the big brother of the dude in prison break in that first pic
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2009, 05:52:51 AM »

have they done anything new yet?

im hoping third time lucky theyll get it right on the new stuff.

They always have a couple of ok tracks then im just like. Fail for the rest of the album.

html sucks
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2009, 08:52:12 PM »

new album coming out in mid 2010 from what I am hearing... ok
Sweet. I hope it's a return to form, because the self-titled disc wasn't exactly amazing. It was way too radio friendly and generic for them.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2009, 02:37:57 AM »

Sweet. I hope it's a return to form, because the self-titled disc wasn't exactly amazing. It was way too radio friendly and generic for them.

I thought it was their best one...definitely their best tour..ive seen them 9 times and the few times on this tour really showed how they perfected their live show.  I guess it is more radio friendly although I have actually heard them on the radio maybe twice in the past 5 years here in the New York market.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2009, 04:39:36 AM »

self titled was ok, but the only songs on it that i still listen too are scream, critical acclaim and almost easy
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2009, 01:07:12 AM »

I thought it was their best one...definitely their best tour..ive seen them 9 times and the few times on this tour really showed how they perfected their live show.  I guess it is more radio friendly although I have actually heard them on the radio maybe twice in the past 5 years here in the New York market.
I'll agree with you that they put on one hell of a live show. I couldn't believe how much better Matt sang live as compared to the studio, and they're just plain fun to watch.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2009, 03:18:30 AM »

just got the steel panther album. matt sings on turn out the lights, very funny. imo opinion, i dont think radio friendly is a bad thing. i think each one of their albums has shown growth in the band. the fact that they could do a song like little piece of heaven shows they aren't afraid to take chances. if i wanted to hear a band that stays the same i'd just listen to slayer. & that's not a shot at slayer, i love slayer, but they dont exactly push the boundaries.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2010, 07:47:09 PM »

Avenged Sevenfold just got the legendary and quite possibly greatest rock drummer of all time Mike Portnoy to record the Rev's parts for the new album!!!

DREAM THEATER Drummer Is 'Honored' To Be Playing With AVENGED SEVENFOLD - Feb. 18, 2010
Orange County, California hard rockers AVENGED SEVENFOLD have tapped DREAM THEATER's Mike Portnoy to play on their forthcoming album following the recent passing of AVENGED SEVENFOLD drummer James "The Rev" Sullivan.

Commented Portnoy: "Even under normal circumstances I would've been happy to help the guys out in any way I could, as I think AVENGED SEVENFOLD are a great band...but under these incredibly sad and tragic circumstances, I must say I am truly honored to have been asked to play with them... and I didn't even have to think twice about saying yes.

"These guys are a true family and it is an incredibly emotional experience to be here with them for the first time without their lost brother. But they have welcomed me into the family with open arms and there's a real excitement to make the record they had set out to make...

"I am treating my participation on this album with the utmost respect for Jimmy's memory and am remaining as true as possible to the drum parts that he wrote for the songs and the record he wanted to make.

"I want their fans to realize that I'm not trying to step into or fill The Rev's shoes...I'm just merely lacing 'em up for him!"

Sullivan was found dead at his Huntington Beach home on December 28.

The Orange County coroner's office ordered "toxicology, microscopic and laboratory tests" to help determine why Sullivan died.

Regarding their decision to ask Portnoy to be involved in the making of the new album, AVENGED SEVENFOLD said in a statement, "Jimmy helped leave this world an amazing gift and now it's our job to make sure to deliver that gift to our fans.

"We asked Jimmy's all-time favorite drummer Mike Portnoy to record on behalf of him. Mike said it would be an honor and without question that's what Jim would have wanted.

"It's comforting to us that someone like Mike, who is undoubtedly revered as one of the best drummers in the world, held such respect and adoration for the Rev's abilities.

"Even though it will never be the same without our brother by our side, his essence lives in our hearts and through the music he helped create. He was a legend before any of the success or any of that bullshit and we are fucking excited to lay this down for our fans, and especially for Jimmy."
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2010, 01:52:00 AM »

UPDATE FROM ZACKY IN THE STUDIO
Wed, 02/24/2010 - 19:56

Finished tracking drums with MP. They sound fucking amazing. Jimmy will be proud. Jimmy's also smiling knowing that Mike Portnoy has a deathbat forever tattooed on him. To show Mike that A7X is deeper then just a band I got one to match his. Jimmy would have done the same. Mike realized that our fans and friends are considered family. Being an A7X fan isn?t always easy because it means you?re not only gonna laugh with us, but cry with us and defend us on occasion. If you?re part of the family it's for life. Shads dedicated his right hand to our brother, without hesitation. I believe what we all share together is magical and wouldn't have it any other way...Ill try my best to keep you updated from the studio.
much love
ZV
A7X

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2010, 06:05:03 PM »

A few weeks ago I got "Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost" tattooed on the side of my torso.

Axl is God.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2010, 08:57:11 PM »

A few weeks ago I got "Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost" tattooed on the side of my torso.

thats awesome!  Im actually considering the deathbat on my back.  Been mulling it over for a long time actually...
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2010, 08:12:31 AM »

MIKE PORTNOY WILL BE DRUMMING WITH A7X
After having had such an amazing experience recording my drum tracks for the new Avenged Sevenfold album, we all knew it would be awesome if I'd be able to do some touring with the band after its release...

I am happy to say that the timing worked out perfectly that my touring cycle with Dream Theater (and Transatlantic) was coming to an end just as A7X's was scheduled begin!

(well, perfect for everyone except my poor family!) : )

Although I wish I could stay on board with A7X in a more permanent capacity, the reality is that I am committed to Dream Theater as my main priority (that is my baby after all!), and I will need to resume work with DT to start a new album at some point in 2011....

However, I will be able to join my brothers in Avenged Sevenfold for at least the duration of their touring throughout 2010...and hopefully this will give them the time to continue to heal and get comfortable back on the road....

You can look at me like the band's "rebound drummer" to buy them some time until they are comfortable and ready to make a commitment to somebody new for full-time relationship in their future!

In the meantime, I am real excited to hit the road with the boys...to bring my drumming from their new album to life on stage and to honor The Rev with all of their older material....

(Hey, do I get to have a cool, bad-ass stage name now???) : )

C-ya out there,

MP
http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/news/mike-portnoy-will-be-drumming-a7x

NOTE FROM AVENGED ON PORTNOY
After being so kind and caring to help us in the studio, the rumors are in fact true and Mike Portnoy will indeed be helping us on the upcoming UPROAR tour later this year. We hope to see you all out on the road. We are very grateful to Mike for dedicating his time and talent to help us get back on the road so we can be where we need to be the most which is with our fans. Much Love and Respect
Zacky V
A7X
http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/news/note-avenged-portnoy
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2010, 08:28:51 AM »

When is the album coming out?

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »

new single is "Nightmare" is streaming here.  The single comes out on itunes May 18.

http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/node/321

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2010, 01:05:55 AM »

Sounds great. can't wait

new single is "Nightmare" is streaming here.  The single comes out on itunes May 18.

http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/node/321

Axl is God.
Krok1
Opening Act

« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2010, 05:50:45 PM »

Nightmare is fuckin' awesome!! Love it! Grin
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2010, 08:49:19 PM »

http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/get-nightmare/

streaming here now..
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2010, 12:24:20 PM »

That song is so cheesy, it makes KISS - Crazy Nights sound deadly serious.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2010, 02:32:03 PM »

That song is so cheesy, it makes KISS - Crazy Nights sound deadly serious.

I thought cheesy rock music was your thing.  Do they not  have enough references to how they "love to rock," or have "come here to rock",  or will be rocking "all night long" for your taste? hihi
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:31:10 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: