Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:20:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Gandhi is in hell?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gandhi is in hell?  (Read 4493 times)
RichardNixon
« on: December 22, 2005, 07:37:28 PM »

I watched a clip of this Barbara Walter's special, and the head of the evangelical church said if you do not accept Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior, you go to hell. So right now, according to born again religious fundamentalists, that would mean Gandhi is in hell.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 07:42:50 PM »

"Judge not, and you shall not be judged: condemn not, and you shall not be condemned: forgive, and it shall be forgiven to you."

- Luke 6:37

It never surprises me how many preachers should do their homework.  hihi

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 10:14:19 PM »

Sadly the base of the Christians and Catholics among some others is Fear.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 10:59:15 PM »

Who cares where Gandhi is anyway?  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
Evolution
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 11:20:42 PM »

I thought he was dead  Huh
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 01:10:12 AM »

I thought he was dead? Huh

He is. He was murdered while trying to make peace with an angry man. If I'm not mistaken, his last words were, "I love you". And he said those words to the man that stabbed him in the chest.

Gandhi was a very peaceful and good-hearted person. If there is a heaven, he belongs there.

Evolution
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 01:16:46 AM »

I heard his words when he stepped a plane in London and was asking about western civilisation were, "i think it would be a good idea."

Just a little fact there.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 04:04:41 AM »

Gandhi did go to hell because he didn't believe in Jesus. I can't see what you're all upset about. Hell, even the Hindus didn't like him! He wanted peace with the Muslims of Pakistan, despite their continued aggression against India. He didn't understand that war is sometimes necessary for defending a nation.

If he really wanted a united India, he would have wanted Pakistan put in its place. Kashmir is Aryan-Indian and Pakistan has no right to it. Land and history are worth fighting to preserve, and Gandhi couldn't face the hard reality that sometimes, the enemy doesn't care about peace treaties. The one who does, loses. Vietnam, anyone?

War and civilization are not mutually excludable.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 05:07:28 AM »

He is. He was murdered while trying to make peace with an angry man. If I'm not mistaken, his last words were, "I love you". And he said those words to the man that stabbed him in the chest.

Geez, I don't know where u heard that fairy tale, but Gandhi was shot.

If I'm not mistaken, his last words were, "I love you".

His last words were 'Oh God...'. I'm sure he was trying to say 'Oh God, that hurts like a muthafucker', but didn't get the time...  hihi

He didn't understand that war is sometimes necessary for defending a nation.

Agreed. If it weren't for his 'Ahimsa' (Non-violence) policy, we would've beat the crap out of the British in the first place.  hihi

« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 05:17:03 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 05:51:04 AM »

Geez, I don't know where u heard that fairy tale, but Gandhi was shot.

Ok I was mistaken then. But a murder is a murder regardless of the weapon.

If I'm not mistaken, his last words were, "I love you".

His last words were 'Oh God...'. I'm sure he was trying to say 'Oh God, that hurts like a muthafucker', but didn't get the time... hihi

It's not funny. He was a good man and it's not cool to laugh at his death.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 06:24:08 AM »

Agreed. If it weren't for his 'Ahimsa' (Non-violence) policy, we would've beat the crap out of the British in the first place.  hihi

Yes. The British would control huge countries with relatively small numbers of soldiers. It was easy to manage those who didn't resist. However, even the most primitive tribes who fought back could give the British problems. Think of the Zulu. If more African tribes were like the Zulu, the Brits would think twice about colonization!

Indian soldiers could definitely beat the British by force, if they had the organization and will to do it. The American Revolution showed that a colony can definitely break free once the colonizers realize it's not worth holding onto. Economic reasons are the most important; that's why the Boston Tea Party was so influential!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurkhas
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 06:56:05 AM »

It's not funny. He was a good man and it's not cool to laugh at his death.

Yeah, that wasn't funny. However, good man or not, none of the people today would agree with his policies. While it may be noble for him to practice non-violence and "love for all", that doesn't work in a war situation. He was a leader of a nation and he had no right to enforce his beliefs on others. If it weren't for him, India would have been free a good 30-40 years before 1947.

Fuck 'Em All.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 09:02:10 AM »

Yeah, that wasn't funny. However, good man or not, none of the people today would agree with his policies. While it may be noble for him to practice non-violence and "love for all", that doesn't work in a war situation. He was a leader of a nation and he had no right to enforce his beliefs on others. If it weren't for him, India would have been free a good 30-40 years before 1947.

I wasn't aware of that. I apologise for my lack of knowledge of India's history. It's just in the States he's regarded as a saint. He's placed in the same circle as Mother Teresa and other peaceful humanitarians.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 09:23:25 AM »

If anyone doesn't believe in Jesus, people go to hell?, how come people believe in hell and not Jesus that is really stupid.
Hey I'm saying about the fact of believing in hell not the Jesus part, for those who wants to like make polemics  Tongue

No man can be my equal
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 10:40:57 AM »

The American Revolution showed that a colony can definitely break free once the colonizers realize it's not worth holding onto. Economic reasons are the most important; that's why the Boston Tea Party was so influential!

No American politics? Angry?

hihi

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Sterlingdog
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 01:30:59 PM »

If anyone doesn't believe in Jesus, people go to hell?,

Know what my mom has told Jehovah's witnesses when they come to her door? "I don't want to go to heaven.  I'd rather go to hell because that's where all the people who had fun in life are."   That tends to shock them into silence.   Smiley
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2005, 01:50:18 PM »

hihi I can imagine their faces, I dont know whats with people and trying to make some religion followers I hate being led  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2005, 01:57:39 PM »

Gandhi did go to hell because he didn't believe in Jesus. I can't see what you're all upset about. Hell, even the Hindus didn't like him! He wanted peace with the Muslims of Pakistan, despite their continued aggression against India. He didn't understand that war is sometimes necessary for defending a nation.

If he really wanted a united India, he would have wanted Pakistan put in its place. Kashmir is Aryan-Indian and Pakistan has no right to it. Land and history are worth fighting to preserve, and Gandhi couldn't face the hard reality that sometimes, the enemy doesn't care about peace treaties. The one who does, loses. Vietnam, anyone?

War and civilization are not mutually excludable.

Remember this post from earlier??

"Judge not, and you shall not be judged: condemn not, and you shall not be condemned: forgive, and it shall be forgiven to you."

- Luke 6:37

Ever think the christian god, jewish god and muslim god and even the hindu god may be the same entity?? Just different interpretations in worship.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 02:02:38 PM »

Exactly so we get the conclusion that we human beings suck at thinking  no

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »

I wanna go to heaven, but no the Christian, Catholic or any other normal religion one.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: