Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:07:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER Frontman Reveals Working Title For New Album
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER Frontman Reveals Working Title For New Album  (Read 16446 times)
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 04:57:37 PM »

It's just a name. Are people not going to listen to it because of the title of the album? Madness. confused

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2005, 04:06:04 AM »

yeah, I agree that Velvet Revolver is not the best band name...

Would you believe that some friends of mine didn't want to go see VR in concert because they thought the band name was gay? Its very silly, but people do actually judge bands because of these things.

Now that is lame...... Their loss though!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2005, 06:12:04 AM »

I don't like the album name but as long as I like the album itself it's all good.
slitherz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2005, 07:59:48 AM »

have Scott ever made any album being sober? Or this will be the first one?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2005, 08:26:29 AM »

well he has had moments (periods) of sobriety during his stp days.. SO I am sure some of his creative process has ben while clean... I'm sure some of contraband he was fine
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2005, 08:51:52 AM »

As long as the music is good im not bothered. but i like anti government stuff, rage against the machine do it so well. VR can sing bout whatever they want cause i can never understand half the things scott says on contraband anyway other than in slow songs, i just want good badass music.

html sucks
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2005, 11:05:14 AM »

As long as the music is good im not bothered. but i like anti government stuff, rage against the machine do it so well. VR can sing bout whatever they want cause i can never understand half the things scott says on contraband anyway other than in slow songs, i just want good badass music.

yeah I'm more into the music and vocals than lyrics
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2005, 12:01:45 PM »

If they start Bush Bashing I will vomit.  THe good thing is that Sorum and Slash hate getting political.  Rember the post that Sorum made on their website stating that Weiland doesn't represent the bands thoughts and that he should not try to influence people's beleifs. 
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2005, 12:33:34 PM »

If they start Bush Bashing I will vomit.  THe good thing is that Sorum and Slash hate getting political.  Rember the post that Sorum made on their website stating that Weiland doesn't represent the bands thoughts and that he should not try to influence people's beleifs. 

well he didn't say it that bluntly but he expressed his disagreement more or less
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2005, 12:42:42 PM »

I am confidant that Slash and Sorum will keep Weiland in check.  Man, I am listening to Back and Fourth again.  Wow, the album ends on nothing less but a great song.  I am in awe of this album.  It blows away VR.  We need Mike Clink on this conceptual album.  I think he can push everyone in the right direction the most.  He will bring out the best in all of them.  Last album you had the big STP influence with Douglas Green there and that nu metal producer Abraham.  Now, let the master (Clink) step in and do his thing.  I still have faith that this will be an awesome album.  We just need to realign the roles and let Slash be the Angus Young of this band.  Take over Slash, Take over!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2005, 01:01:11 PM »

Libertad and Chinese Democracy could have similar meanings.  Both maybe dealing with searching for freedom?  They should stay away from this title.  They need to let the title develop and not let it be contrived. 
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2005, 03:29:44 PM »

I hope Libertad and CHinese Democracy, dont have anything in common, because if they do, and Libertad is released first, just imagine how many more years is Axl going to take to develop another project, hehe.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2005, 05:27:02 PM »

I hope Libertad and CHinese Democracy, dont have anything in common, because if they do, and Libertad is released first, just imagine how many more years is Axl going to take to develop another project, hehe.

How could they be similar?? No one has ever heard any songs off cd.. Either way you will be waiting years more for cd
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2005, 05:52:14 PM »

The STP album"4" was made while he was sober, he had just gotten out of rehab.  He was also sober during that tour.  Best concert i've ever been to.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2005, 05:56:50 PM »

How could they be similar?? No one has ever heard any songs off cd.. Either way you will be waiting years more for cd
Yeah, I have a feeling we will be rocking out to this concept album long before we ever get CD.

badapple81
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2005, 12:17:10 AM »

"The great rock and roll records were albums," he told ABC Radio's ePrep. "It wasn't about ten to twelve songs just thrown together so it can support three singles, which is sort of what records are about today."

That is very true of most new albums I have bought over the last few years.

I don't care too much for the title, but don't really care either way. I'm more pleased that Scott wants to make a good quality album, with the 'fillers' being good songs to make a solid album.

Evolution
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2005, 11:44:23 AM »

Is it pronounced Lib-er-tad or Leeb-er-tad?
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2005, 01:08:05 PM »

mmm I think English speakers, pronounce it Leeb er tad
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2006, 06:05:02 PM »

hahahha it would be so sweet if it caame out the day CD comes out and no body buys vr's cd i would laugh my ass right off if axl did that!!!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2006, 07:42:08 PM »

Colt, that is a brilliant post.  VR's first album debut at #1 on the charts.  I assume Axl can do the same.  Maybe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: