Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 06:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Bands whos standards have depreciated
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bands whos standards have depreciated  (Read 9112 times)
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« on: December 19, 2005, 12:42:01 PM »

I've been thinking about bands whos albums have depreciated over the years. Bands that have gone from great to terrible

Aerosmith-From 1993 onwards, their album standards weren't that good

Def Leppard-Started excellent. Then from their Slang album they weren;t really that good.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
RichardNixon
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 12:44:38 PM »

You really hit the nail on the head with those two. Def Leppard and Aerosmith USED to be great, but have sucked big fat moose cock for years. I'd like to add Metallica to the list.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 12:52:59 PM »

You really hit the nail on the head with those two. Def Leppard and Aerosmith USED to be great, but have sucked big fat moose cock for years. I'd like to add Metallica to the list.

definately, they really suked big time on St. Anger. I think they were okay up to the album where they had the song FUEL.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 01:46:16 PM »

Whoa! Aerosmith certainly hasn't been on the 'decline' as you say. Their song styles might have changed, but you can expect that from a band that has been together for more than 30+ years. 'Just Push Play' released in 2001 is a seriously underrated album.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 01:53:12 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 02:10:02 PM »

'Just Push Play' released in 2001 is a seriously underrated album.

That album was the end of Aerosmith for me, just a horrible album.

Metallica has already been added...

Id definately say Pearl Jam. They've been a favorite of mine for years and years, but their last few albums have been less than spectacular.
U2. Another one of my favorite acts but c'mon...."Dismantle" has a few good tracks but they've lost their edge..
Bon Jovi. This band's standards have gone down quicker than the Titanic...

& Lifehouse. Their first 2 albums were very catchy and creative, but now they sound like the cheese that always on the radio..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
RichardNixon
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 02:22:45 PM »

Just Push Play-as the comic book guy from the Simpson would say, "worst album ever!"

I'm going to stick up for Pearl Jam here. They could have made ten and vs. ten times over and wrote top-ten hits and made videos for the last 10 years, but they have instead stuck to their guns and released music that they want to release, not what will sell.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 10:52:11 AM »

Just Push Play-as the comic book guy from the Simpson would say, "worst album ever!"

I'm going to stick up for Pearl Jam here. They could have made ten and vs. ten times over and wrote top-ten hits and made videos for the last 10 years, but they have instead stuck to their guns and released music that they want to release, not what will sell.

yeh definately. I dont think Pearl Jam have depreciated. As for Aerosmith, it;s not about different style but the actual songs themselves haven't been great. they've been good but not great. I think Don't Wanna Miss A Thing is a way overrated song. As for Bon Jovi, the release of Have A Nice Day album showing they're standing again. Their music hasnt been of standard lately but Have A Nice Day seems to me an impressive album but generally, between 1994-2000 for the release of the Crush album their music hasnt been up to scratch.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 12:38:43 PM »

Def Leppard - they just don't seem to want to do well anymore
Metallica - don't seem to care anymore
Oasis - just my opinion, but each album is slightly less amazing than the previous release
Iron Maiden - just make awful album after awful album - Dance of death - ye gods!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 01:44:56 PM »

Iron Maiden - just make awful album after awful album - Dance of death - ye gods!

I do agree on that, actually their last great album would be Brave New world, but it is one of the greatest since FOTD and Thats was like 13 years ago, so ...

No man can be my equal
Jonathan
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 01:53:42 PM »

Oasis - just my opinion, but each album is slightly less amazing than the previous release

The reason why you don't care about Metallica anymore.. Is it because you just compare their new-stuff with albums like Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets and so on? If you do, of course you will think it's crap. They changed in a big way, I agree on that. But I don't understand how you can think Load, ReLoad or St. Anger are bad, I don't get that.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 08:07:22 PM by Jonathan » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 01:56:26 PM »

I absotively agree!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 06:55:01 PM »

Def Leppard had 1 good metal album and 2 good rockers. Everything after Pyromania is worthless. Metallica's first 4 are the only ones worth listening to. Jag Panzer was once amazing American power metal for their single debut album, but are now just decent. Maybe they'll get better on their next one, but after 20+ years, their original sound is probably lost. Aerosmith hasn't been good since the 70's.

Iron Maiden is one of the few bands that have HIGHER standards than in the past. Dance of Death is their best album since SSoaSS. The band today would probably never allow garbage like No Prayer For The Dying to be released. They're in great shape now.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 09:13:36 PM »

Aerosmith are still great!! although JPP is bad.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
RichardNixon
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2005, 12:47:22 AM »

While I like Pyromania the best, I still think Hysteria is a great album. But when Clarke died, that was the end of the band.

As for Aerosmith, check out Joe Perry's new CD, it's excellent.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005, 04:44:26 AM »

Dream Theater - Put out two brilliant albums in the early 90s (Images and Words + Awake), but the following albums have been nothing to write home about.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 04:51:28 AM »

Whoa! Aerosmith certainly hasn't been on the 'decline' as you say. Their song styles might have changed, but you can expect that from a band that has been together for more than 30+ years. 'Just Push Play' released in 2001 is a seriously underrated album.

I came on here to post exactly that.

I question anyone's knowledge of the band's catalog after 93 that talk shit about it.

nine lives was a great CD

Excellent songs include:
Fallin in love is hard on the knees
Hole IN my soul
Taste of India *which is amazing*
Full Circle
Kiss your Past Goodbye
Fallen Angel

this album is awesome

then u got

Jush Push Play which is a fantastic fuckin album and one of my fav aerosmith albums, I like it better than Pump and Get a Grip.

Beyond Beautiful,Just Push Play,Jaded,Sunshine,trip hoppin,I love You Lies, Under my Skin *which is one of the best*, Avant Garden.

I dont understand anyone that bashes Aerosmith's 90's work.

It is still very very top notch.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005, 04:53:53 AM »

Once again, anyone who bashes Bon Jovi are obviously ignorant to their releases.

Have A Nice Day is right up there with NJ as being the best BJ cd.

the reason they werent impressive from 94-2000 was cause they only released one album which was These Days who if anyone calls unimpressive truly has no clue.

Crush was a great album, Bounce was somewhat subpar but Have A Nice Day is an amazing record and I challenge anyone to give it a fair listen and try to bash it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005, 07:33:44 AM »

It is still very very top notch.

Yes it is. For people who expect them to put out rock classics like 'Sweet Emotion' and 'Walk This Way' on every album, it's just not possible. They're a band that has matured musically a lot. And they're experimenting with new stuff like 'Honkin' On Bobo'. Aerosmith rules.  beer
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 07:35:37 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 09:54:47 AM »

The reason why you don't care about Metallica anymore.. Is it because you just compare their new-stuff with albums like Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets and so on? If you do, of course you will think it's crap. They changed in a big way, I agree on that. But I don't understand how you can think Load, ReLoad or St. Anger are bad, I don't get that.

They are just boring and of limited inspiration. Their is so much better stuff out there, check for it, and u'll soon see.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 09:56:07 AM »

I'd like to add Bon Jovi to my list - after they released Crossroads they totally lost their way....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: