Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:32:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Breakdown
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breakdown  (Read 8476 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2005, 08:39:14 PM »

This is one song that would sound great on a "Use Your Illusion...Naked" type album.

I agree although id go further and say the wole UYI set would do weel being pared down and remastered in a rawer way. Particulary, it'd be great if Izzys guitars were audible like on Appetite and Lies and Sorums drum sound was radically overhauled
I agree 100 percent. The polished and overproduced final product is what stopped UYI from being timeless.  UYI did not stand the test of time. It was considered good at the time of its release, but was so dated it was quickly forgotten when the grunge movement started. The only thing the albums are remembered for is breaking a few records.

RichardNixon
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2005, 11:15:22 AM »

Maybe that's what *you* remember it for. Those are still two of the best rock albums ever. And Richard Fuckin' Nixon has spoken!
Jonathan
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2005, 11:22:51 AM »

Did it remind anyone else a little bit of a "meatloaf" song?

I've thought the same thing before. Keep in mind, I love GNR, I don't like Meatloaf, and I think "Breakdown" is a great song.

Weird...

Seriously, a Meatloaf song? Haha.

Jesus christ........
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 11:25:21 AM by Jonathan » Logged
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2005, 04:53:39 PM »

I mainly just don't care for the whistling in the beginning.  Right after that it's all good.

Then the whole "There goes the challenger being chased" bit at the end just ruins it for me.  Too long and drawn out.  That's usually where I back the song up to about 0:24 and listen again.
I like that part is very freaky and represents the breakdown he's passing through, is like some paranoid or delusional song I compare it with sweeting bullets by megadeth but not the music just the meaning of it and how well it fits and get you to feel that way  ok

No man can be my equal
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2005, 05:23:51 PM »

I mainly just don't care for the whistling in the beginning.? Right after that it's all good.

Then the whole "There goes the challenger being chased" bit at the end just ruins it for me.? Too long and drawn out.? That's usually where I back the song up to about 0:24 and listen again.
I like that part is very freaky and represents the breakdown he's passing through, is like some paranoid or delusional song I compare it with sweeting bullets by megadeth but not the music just the meaning of it and how well it fits and get you to feel that way? ok

Now "Sweating Bullets" is a GREAT tune!!!!!  Dave rules!

Dust N Rose
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2005, 01:01:15 PM »

This song reminds me nostalgia in the beggining.
Very beautiful tunes. The lyrics are samples of poetry. "We all coming from the cold, we come down.... warm themselves to a different fire". Perhaps it means that we all grow up with a common sense about the world and later we develop our believes, our ideas, our hopes e.t.c.

The ending dissapoints me though and the chorus as well.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2005, 08:59:15 PM »

Awesome song, definately one of my favorites off UYI..? I actually don't care for the chorus and the end.. But the music and lyrics are so great that it doesn't matter..

Can someone repost the live version? Or send it to me?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2005, 02:14:14 AM »

People who wish to post their "UYI on one cd" tracklists, should use this thread: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=24374.0

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 02:16:16 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: