Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:22:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  About the 2006 Spanish shows
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: About the 2006 Spanish shows  (Read 13808 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: December 17, 2005, 02:04:52 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1509

How credible is this spanish site?

Looks like a really good rumour, huh?

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 02:14:20 PM »

Wouldn't that be something? 
chas
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 03:02:04 PM »

I've taken the liberty of translating the article for non-Spanish speaking folks.

To talk about Guns N Roses is like talking about a rumour which is currently circulating, with it staying like that 99% of the times: a rumour. The last rumour regarding the band led by the notorious Axl Rose talked about a Christmas time release of a double album of old songs called "Welcome to the Jungle - The Very Best of Guns N' Roses", but yet again its stayed as that?.yet another rumour. What doesn?t seem as yet another rumour is a more than probable tour from the band with Axl as the only survivor.

A couple of days ago our website was contacted by a very important promoter informing us of this very real possibility of a tour. We were asked what type of venues we thought they could fill here to try and get an idea of what state GnR were after such a long time away and silence from the band. It is said that this tour could take place at the start of next summer, even though it is only a possibility at the moment it seems to be it is very close to reality. We shall see if it stays as yet another rumour. Regarding the much talked about album "Chinese Democracy" of which there?s been talk the past couple of years, there is absolutely no news.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 03:04:21 PM »

Edit.- I have just translated the document, but Chas beat me....

« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 03:05:57 PM by Ignatius » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 03:13:43 PM »

Summer tour sounds good.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 03:44:02 PM »

It will be interesting to see if we start to hear rumblings from other European promoters----how much longer till RIR announces its lineup?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Jonathan
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 03:49:09 PM »

I think it's 100 % bullshit.. But I might be wrong.
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 03:55:20 PM »

I think its crap personally, but hey I suppose its going to happen one year, so why not 2006?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 04:52:54 PM »

Rumors are all we have right now  Cry

Hope one of them pans out, could happen.....

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 05:28:09 PM »

Does the RIR have to announce that gnr is in the lineup or can they just show up with out anyone knowing

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2005, 05:53:23 PM »

but hey I suppose its going to happen one year, so why not 2006?

Yep. IMO likely as not we'll see The album in 06. like many said, I donno about this one but who knows.

Hmmm...maybe from now on we better keep our eyes peeled for non english sites.
we have plenty of great translaters.
godiva
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2005, 06:02:02 PM »

I wonder how credible it is that someone from management asks whether or not gnr should play arenas or clubs, and in what places they should play. I think they have their own PR people to sort that out. Plus, if Spain was consulted, management would have asked other people in other countries as well to set up a full European tour. As far as I know there hasn't been any talk in other countries (France, Belgium, Germany), otherwise it would probably have leaked out as well. I think this is a bit fishy, but hey, let's hope!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2005, 09:50:08 PM »

I wonder how credible it is that someone from management asks whether or not gnr should play arenas or clubs, and in what places they should play. I think they have their own PR people to sort that out. Plus, if Spain was consulted, management would have asked other people in other countries as well to set up a full European tour. As far as I know there hasn't been any talk in other countries (France, Belgium, Germany), otherwise it would probably have leaked out as well. I think this is a bit fishy, but hey, let's hope!

It wasn't the management, it was the promoters who asked what size venues they should aim for.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2005, 09:59:10 PM »

Does the RIR have to announce that gnr is in the lineup or can they just show up with out anyone knowing

It's possible, but I'd think that IF they are in fact planning to come back next year they would want to make it loud and clear....also, from the point of the Rio promoters, you want to maximize your sales as fast as you can-whch means announcing your headliners as fast as possible.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Axl-rocks
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2005, 06:11:25 AM »

Axl Rose talked about a Christmas time release of a double album of old songs called "Welcome to the Jungle - The Very Best of Guns N' Roses",

Axl didn't talk about it-lol
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2005, 07:22:07 AM »

Well, if they play Rock in Rio (Lisbon), playing Spain is possible. Portugal and Spain are neightboors countries. You have 1H or 1H30 of plane betweeen Lisbon and Madrid. peace
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 07:39:34 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2005, 07:54:47 AM »

Axl Rose talked about a Christmas time release of a double album of old songs called "Welcome to the Jungle - The Very Best of Guns N' Roses",

you didn?t get him...   he said the rumour talked about the release and not axl.

let`s hope that this comes true.... it seems to be realistic

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
vernset
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2005, 09:04:58 AM »

you didn?t get him...? ?he said the rumour talked about the release and not axl.

let`s hope that this comes true.... it seems to be realistic

Last time that web told anything about GNR touring, was in the last tour.

They have direct contact with Pino Sagliocco (The most important musical promotor in Spain and part of Europe) and they have been normally a good and reliable source, so I think the notice its true.

That said, the notice is that "some contacts" have been made... and we have to take it as it this, just somebody called somebody and asked the people from Rafa Basa website (Maybe the most important and well known "Heavy Rock" journalist in Spain that is very very involved with all that happens relationed with that kind of music in Spain) if GNR would yet be able to fullfill big places or if it was better to look for the medium size ones in case a tour happens.

So this only means that someone is "STARTING TO THINK" about MAYBE doing a GIG, and has called the person that knows better the musical "hard Rock" market in Spain just to ask. So THERE is a posiibility of a tour in the future, and maybe the machinery is starting to roll, but with Axl involved in it, you never know, man, you just never know...

And last, but not least, a fact:

That web was the first to say that Motley Cr?e were coming to Spain (Zaragoza, My city) and it happened. And I enjoyed it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2005, 11:55:37 AM »

Yeah, this doesn't mean GN'R will be there. More like somebody would like to see what kind of place they could play if they were coming.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2005, 01:46:45 PM »

Yeah, this doesn't mean GN'R will be there. More like somebody would like to see what kind of place they could play if they were coming.
/jarmo

Even if this is the case, its good to see the promoters are keen to bring GN'R to Europe. Having been out of action for such a long time its surprising anyone's interested (besides RIR or the major festivals, who probably regularly invite the band on the off chance)

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: