Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  So Wait Up (WTF?)...Slash and Duff are Now Cool Doing a "Concept Album?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So Wait Up (WTF?)...Slash and Duff are Now Cool Doing a "Concept Album?"  (Read 20793 times)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 02:32:46 PM »

They where tired of doing nothing in axelville so they left, who cares what type of album Axl wanted if he never released it and probably never will.

that too. how could I forget that! that's the biggest reason. not because Axl wanted to do a concept album which he didn't
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 02:33:51 PM »

They where tired of doing nothing in axelville so they left, who cares what type of album Axl wanted if he never released it and probably never will.

Oh, is that why they left?   Roll Eyes

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 04:00:03 PM »

As people have already said, with the Axl vs. Weiland comparisions, its less a musical thing and more a personality thing.? Slash and Duff apparantely find it way easier to deal with Weiland than Axl.?

They like to keep it simple.  Innovation wasn't their thing.  They just wanted to be like the rest of the rock bands.

Axl wanted to be different than what was out at the time.  This is probably one of the reasons he still hasn't released CD.  He has to keep changing the sound.  He tries to stay ahead of the game.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 04:12:22 PM »

He tries to stay ahead of the game.

He needs to get a little further ahead of the game than everyone else, so they don't keep catching him before he can release a new album.

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 04:55:24 PM »

Yeah, the way I understand it, Duff and Slash left more b/c Axl was a pain in the ass to deal with as well as the musical direction.  As it turns out, Axl still doesn't know what musical direction he wants to go with.

And like many people here already stated, just because a band does a concept album doesn;t mean it can't be rock n roll.  Anyone ever hear of Operation Mindcrime?  Fucking awesome concept album and their making a sequal.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2005, 06:06:39 PM »

I think it's better for them they left and they had their reasons... Look how long axl and his guys have been working on cd?? I mean that is a reason to drive any one away... They are doing what they all agree on and they are doing it in normal time.. Who wants to work not knowing when they will see their work, or have one guy in charge of everything?? Imagine having to sign shit saying I will not speak of the album?? Sounds pretty childish and gets old quick with the fans
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2005, 07:47:52 PM »

oh my god, would all of yous just drop it.

Slash and Duff are doing an album because they want to,it isnt out yet so we cant comment on the similarities ar differences between it an axls work.

The split was in the past and we'l never know what really happened so we should try an get over it. Axl,Duff and slash all have cus they're gettin on and makin new music.

It's rock n roll, its not meant to be this complicated. Personly im gonna buy VR's new album and (if it ever comes out) Chinese Dimocracy and if i like them i like and if i dont i dont.

The albums are in the future not in the past with all that other shit that happened.

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2005, 08:16:37 PM »

Maybe slash and duff matured, you ever think of that? slash is 40, not in his late 20s anymore.

html sucks
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2005, 09:14:56 PM »

I am really looking forward to hearing this concept album. Since old GNR broke up, I have always wanted to hear a masterpiece by GNR or ex members. Maybe we're about to hear it. ok

RichardNixon
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2005, 09:50:35 PM »

Anyone who has listen to Scott Weiland's solo album can hardly be suprised by his desire to do something a bit more creative this time with VR.? I will admit I was suprised when "The Project" chose Weiland as his singer when he made an album (12 Bar Blues) so close to what Axl probably invisioned for GnR's future.?

I always thought "Chinese Democracy" would sound like "12 Bar Blues" but with more guitars.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2005, 03:30:39 AM »

Chinese D would have come out years ago had they gone along with Axl.

Wrong. Axl has said before he wouldn't release the album until it was 'perfect' in his opinion. It's not about Duff and Slash recording their parts. He has also said that he was 'pressured' into releasing UYI... So, IMO even if S&D were still in the band, we'd be waiting as we are now...  Roll Eyes

Fuck 'Em All.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2005, 03:51:27 AM »

Chinese D would have come out years ago had they gone along with Axl.

Wrong. Axl has said before he wouldn't release the album until it was 'perfect' in his opinion. It's not about Duff and Slash recording their parts. He has also said that he was 'pressured' into releasing UYI... So, IMO even if S&D were still in the band, we'd be waiting as we are now...? Roll Eyes
Good point. I think enough time has gone by for people to stop blaming ex members for CD not coming out. The blame can only be pointed in one direction.

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2005, 04:16:51 AM »

clearly they knew what they were doing leaving axl when they did... for starters he has been unable to release an album for over  a decade... he is insane.. also it seemed the direction he wanted to go in the mid ninetys was more of an industrial sound...  like omg and sild worms... granted i like the blues and maddy better than most of contraband...prob becaquse they sound like the perfect follow up to the UI albums... so i'm not trying to rip axl... all i'm saying is that you can't really blame slash and company to want to move one without axl
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2005, 04:30:37 AM »

See the thing is you can never get to pefection...unless you're Mr. Perfect.  That dude was perfect.  Other than him though...not even Axl was perfect.  So justvreleause the damn thgn already.  Wow...this is so incoherent.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2005, 05:53:33 AM »

I tend to think Axl had a bunch of "Oh My God" Silk Worms type songs which is why SLash and Duff left.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2005, 05:58:16 AM »

I tend to think Axl had a bunch of "Oh My God" Silk Worms type songs which is why SLash and Duff left.
I thought Axl was trying to make a Pearl Jam record back then? hihi

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2005, 07:52:36 AM »

who cares what people did so long ago or the direction they wanted back then.. This is (vr) a new band, an older bunch of guys who are just keeping busy and doing thing as a group effort..That's what's important to me.. Hopefully they keep us informed each step of the way
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2005, 08:19:20 AM »

As people have already said, with the Axl vs. Weiland comparisions, its less a musical thing and more a personality thing.? Slash and Duff apparantely find it way easier to deal with Weiland than Axl.?

Although Scott is not easy to work with, he's a real egoistic asshole, but even with these attributes he seemed to be a better choice than Axl. Maybe because he wants to work and play live?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2005, 03:18:06 PM »

Weiland is an egotistical asshole, but I think he still pales in comparision to Axl.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2005, 03:28:37 PM »

Weiland is an egotistical asshole, but I think he still pales in comparision to Axl.

you can be amazing but if you never do anything who cares
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: