Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:15:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  So Wait Up (WTF?)...Slash and Duff are Now Cool Doing a "Concept Album?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So Wait Up (WTF?)...Slash and Duff are Now Cool Doing a "Concept Album?"  (Read 20725 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: December 16, 2005, 03:03:04 AM »

Isn't this kind of the reason they turned their back on Axl? Aren't these the dudes who said "we just wanted to make Rock N' Roll music."

Hahaaa this is hilarious. Its suddenly cool, to experiment and try something new because Weiland wants too? This is what Axl has been trying to get Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum to do isn't it? But trying something new and experimenting all of a sudden sounds like a good idea? It sounds better now because Scott suggested it. Oh ok.

So, Scott is really visionary genius. Who would have thought? Isn't one of the main reasons the old GNR broke up, was because they had different ideas for the future of GNR? Axl wanted them to evolve, and they wanted to do things old school. In that regard VR seemed appropriate for these two. But their new album will be this new step.

Man, I bet Scott Weiland could sell the Brooklyn bridge to Slash and Duff. Weiland should do some sales seminars across the country. He got these two to go along with something Axl couldn't. Fuckin hypocrites....

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
aicha
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 03:25:42 AM »

I totally agree. I have always thought Slash and Duff could not bear to be overshadowed by Axl's charisma. Now they have their own band where they are the main people. It is interesting that Duff mentioned how happy he is about being respected as players finally. They did not want to be a part of a huge band that is led by a major rock star. They wanted to be recognized as Duff and Slash. I believe they should at least show the decency to respect Axl's ideals because they got what they want but Axl is still trying.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 03:45:24 AM »

When have Slash of Duff ever said anything about not liking concept albums?  They didn't like the direction Axl was going in.  It had nothing to do with concept albums.  Concept albums can still be staright forward rock albums.  Just look at L.A. Guns' Tales From The Strip.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 03:56:13 AM »

When have Slash of Duff ever said anything about not liking concept albums? They didn't like the direction Axl was going in. It had nothing to do with concept albums. Concept albums can still be staright forward rock albums. Just look at L.A. Guns' Tales From The Strip.

Plus the album comes out in 2006. At least they didn't have to wait 10 years to make it.  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 04:32:12 AM »

When have Slash of Duff ever said anything about not liking concept albums?? They didn't like the direction Axl was going in.? It had nothing to do with concept albums.? Concept albums can still be staright forward rock albums.? Just look at L.A. Guns' Tales From The Strip.

You're absolutely right. Some people are just full of hatred here and attack Slash and Duff for everything they're doing and even for the opposite they're doing.

But why is it here? Slash and Duff rejoined GN'R?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 06:17:01 AM »

the minions are probably worried that VR will make a great concept album in ten months not ten years...man that would hurt. Wink
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 06:41:33 AM »

the minions are probably worried that VR will make a great concept album in ten months not ten years...man that would hurt. Wink

No one is worried about VR making a good album hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 07:25:49 AM »

hihi

Im actually interested on this one, we all know this people have talent -or had anyway-  if they get far away from contraband it could turn out to be interesting, especially if it's scott calling the shots...

AND IVE SAID IT BEFORE AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN:

if this album has some piano or ten minute songs; I will laugh my ass off at all the axl haters. ok

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Evolution
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 10:42:45 AM »

I wonder if the concept of the album will influence future setlists. As in, they would need to play the whole album rather than a select few.
RichardNixon
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 11:01:24 AM »

As someone has said before, concept albums need not be high-art.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 12:24:40 PM »

Even if S&D are doing a concept album which they didn't want to do with Axl in the 90's...that was like 10 years ago.

A lot happens in 10 years.
makane
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 12:32:57 PM »

hihi

Im actually interested on this one, we all know this people have talent -or had anyway-? if they get far away from contraband it could turn out to be interesting, especially if it's scott calling the shots...

AND IVE SAID IT BEFORE AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN:

if this album has some piano or ten minute songs; I will laugh my ass off at all the axl haters. ok

Why, Velvet Revolver isn't allowed to use piano or make ten minut songs? Is all piano and 10 minute songs Axl's ideas? what the fuck is your problem?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 12:46:38 PM »

When have Slash of Duff ever said anything about not liking concept albums? They didn't like the direction Axl was going in. It had nothing to do with concept albums. Concept albums can still be staright forward rock albums. Just look at L.A. Guns' Tales From The Strip.

Plus the album comes out in 2006. At least they didn't have to wait 10 years to make it.? Wink

Chinese D would have come out years ago had they gone along with Axl.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 12:52:43 PM »

problably because it had more to do with Axl being an egotistical asshole then the musical direction of the band. Being in a band with Scott is a lot easier and a lot more fun for them
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005, 01:39:46 PM »

Less challenging too.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 01:40:38 PM »

I really could give a fuck as long as the album is good and everyone in the band wants to do it
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 02:07:13 PM »

They where tired of doing nothing in axelville so they left, who cares what type of album Axl wanted if he never released it and probably never will.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 02:16:08 PM »

I think people are confused about what a concept album is. Slash and Duff didn't leave GnR because Axl wanted to do a concept album, they left because he didn't want to do what they called Rock and Roll.

A concept album just caries a theme through out. It doesn't mean that it has to leave the VR (S&D) idea of Rock and Roll. It also doesn't mean that they are toying with the idea of including 10 minute piano ballads. The "Axl or Nothing" nut swingers are very very quick to jump on something that they apparently don't understand.
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 02:29:28 PM »

Anyone who has listen to Scott Weiland's solo album can hardly be suprised by his desire to do something a bit more creative this time with VR.  I will admit I was suprised when "The Project" chose Weiland as his singer when he made an album (12 Bar Blues) so close to what Axl probably invisioned for GnR's future. 

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 02:32:41 PM »

As people have already said, with the Axl vs. Weiland comparisions, its less a musical thing and more a personality thing.  Slash and Duff apparantely find it way easier to deal with Weiland than Axl. 

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: