Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:44:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are Guns N' Roses Rich
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are Guns N' Roses Rich  (Read 11749 times)
shaun
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2005, 12:55:14 PM »

...is Samuel Jackson black  Grin
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 12:57:35 PM by D0badog » Logged
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2005, 03:15:53 PM »

Axl's about five times richer that Slash.

Doubtful.

Not doubtful at all. We don't know who invested their money wisely.

I heard Axl's a pretty shrewd businessman, and I'm sure he's made quite a few bucks in other ventures beside GN'R.

@#$%Funker
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2005, 07:30:35 PM »

does Dolly parton sleep on her back??

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
Evolution
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2005, 07:52:09 PM »

Does Ken Kennedy like repeating himself?
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2005, 05:20:27 PM »

Doubtful.

I heard Axl's a pretty shrewd businessman, and I'm sure he's made quite a few bucks in other ventures beside GN'R.

@#$%Funker

Don't forget...all those t-shirts of old guns logos and stuff that you see at clothing stores now are copyrighted by guns n roses- meaning axl--so he makes a good deal of cash from that, id assume. A better question: how rich are the guys who are currently in guns?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2005, 05:32:35 PM »

Does Evolution like wrestling?

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2005, 06:30:31 PM »

Man, that's a stupid question..

no, it's not, ...soon as well he'll say Axl is Jamaican so we all gonna doubt to answer!  hihi
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2005, 07:42:25 PM »

no, it's not, ...soon as well he'll say Axl is Jamaican so we all gonna doubt to answer!? hihi

as Saul so eloquently put it,
"Madness starts now!"  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2005, 08:02:20 PM »

Doubtful.

@#$%Funker

Don't forget...all those t-shirts of old guns logos and stuff that you see at clothing stores now are copyrighted by guns n roses- meaning axl--so he makes a good deal of cash from that, id assume. A better question: how rich are the guys who are currently in guns?

I don't think there's that much money coming in from official merch. Most of the t-shirts, posters and GNR parafernalia I have is not official.

My assumptions regarding the new guys

The current band members aren't rich. They are regular employees and I recall they make $10,000 a month (someone posted this a while back). Whether this is true or not I don't know, but if it is, it doesn't make them rich. Probably Dizzo has a few million in the bank since he toured for 3 years back in the days, but that's it. Tommy struggled financially a while back (if not mistaken, he had to sell toner over the phone in the mid 90's), Robin toured with NIN but didn't write one single note, so he may have made some cash from touring. Not mega I'd say.

And as for the others, I do not know in which Ventures Pittman has been involved so that remains a mystery. Brain, he problably made some decent cash while working with Primus but nothing extraordinary. Fortus, well, he recently toured with Nena so that says it all.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2005, 08:04:10 PM »

Brain, he problably made some decent cash while working with Primus but nothing extraordinary.
]
Brain is said to be very successful in the public storage field....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2005, 08:12:59 PM »

no, it's not, ...soon as well he'll say Axl is Jamaican so we all gonna doubt to answer!? hihi

as Saul so eloquently put it,
"Madness starts now!"? hihi

there are some jerks who still think that Britney Spears is richer than Axl so yeah! it's also true that i ride my pink elephant to fly from Venezuela to Japan at nights!!!!     smoking
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2005, 08:25:47 PM »

i think fortus have a few bucks he is one of the busiest studio guitarists in the bussines...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Duff_n_Roses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2005, 11:51:26 AM »

they aren't rich..... they are stinking rick.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2005, 12:44:05 PM »

i think fortus have a few bucks he is one of the busiest studio guitarists in the bussines...
yes, it prooves he is one of the best? Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2005, 12:46:35 PM »

yes, it prooves he is one of the best? Cool

yeah for sure he is one of the best... thats why he is a member of gnr!

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2005, 12:56:16 PM »

I don't think there's that much money coming in from official merch. Most of the t-shirts, posters and GNR parafernalia I have is not official.

http://www.hottopic.com/store/searchSKU.asp?LS=0&DOIT=YES&SSTR=guns+n+roses

All merch sold at hot topic, which is probably thre biggest music/pop culture merch chain in the US now, sells guns stuff with a copyright 2004 or 2005 'guns n roses'----guns n roses is axl, so he's the one getting the licensing profits....I'm not sure how significant the money is, but it probably gives him a little somethin' extra-maybe strip club money hihi

---Nick Nasty--

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2005, 01:18:13 PM »

http://www.hottopic.com/store/searchSKU.asp?LS=0&DOIT=YES&SSTR=guns+n+roses

? All merch sold at hot topic, which is probably thre biggest music/pop culture merch chain in the US now, sells guns stuff with a copyright 2004 or 2005 'guns n roses'----guns n roses is axl, so he's the one getting the licensing profits....I'm not sure how significant the money is, but it probably gives him a little somethin' extra-maybe strip club money hihi

Shocked? ?Undecided? ?did you honestly go to school, once? do you really think ex-gnr members didn't get a coin from gnr's stuff around the world? do you truly think Izzy's?a real idiot to write his songs while axl is the one to get money after all those concerts since 1992 to 2002?,? there's not too much money for them to get when we talk 'bout the internet n' its piracy but what 'bout the official stuff then?? Roll Eyes ?soon you r gonna say Eminen is richer than Duff? hihi
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 01:21:20 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2005, 01:33:43 PM »

did you honestly go to school, once? do you really think ex-gnr members didn't get a coin from gnr's stuff around the world? do you truly think Izzy's a real idiot to write his songs while axl is the one to get money after all those concerts since 1992 to 2002?,  there's not too much money for them to get when we talk 'bout the internet n' its piracy but what 'bout the official stuff then?  Roll Eyes ?soon you r gonna say Eminen is richer than Duff

Okay--you're obviously trying to insult me but i dont know why---i never implied the ex-gunners aren't rich or that they didnt make money off touring or merch or anything while the old band was together---the only thing im pointing out is that over the last 2 years or so, alot of guns related merchanside has been reissued with a copyright of 'guns n roses'---guns n roses as a corporate entity is owned solely by axl rose....meaning he probably has a licensing deal to reissue this stuff and is making some money off it.

---Nick Nasty--

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2005, 01:44:32 PM »

did you honestly go to school, once? do you really think ex-gnr members didn't get a coin from gnr's stuff around the world? do you truly think Izzy's a real idiot to write his songs while axl is the one to get money after all those concerts since 1992 to 2002?,? there's not too much money for them to get when we talk 'bout the internet n' its piracy but what 'bout the official stuff then?? Roll Eyes ?soon you r gonna say Eminen is richer than Duff

? the only thing im pointing out is that over the last 2 years or so, alot of guns related merchanside has been reissued with a copyright of 'guns n roses'---guns n roses as a corporate entity is owned solely by axl rose....meaning he probably has a licensing deal to reissue this stuff and is making some money off it.

what 'bout ex gnr members then? they're so fucking idiots to let axl be rich only while they've been a part of gnr too? ok, take a shower n' rest too, it's gonna clean your mind somewhat!!!  yes
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2005, 01:54:03 PM »

what 'bout ex gnr members then? they're so fucking idiots to let axl be rich only while they've been a part of gnr too? ok, take a shower n' rest too, it's gonna clean your mind somewhat!!!

The other guns members are still making money off gnr---i'm not arguing that. I don't think they make money off this new merchandise b/c guns n roses as a legal entity is under the sole proprietorship of Axl Rose. He owns the name, and anything new that is put out now (merch, new music, etc.) is under his control. Of course, the old members are making money off royalties on old music, although obivously given the lawsuit, not what they think they deserve.

I'm not going to get into a flame war with you, you're really not worth my time

---Nick Nasty--

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: