Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:20:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A little speculation concerning releases
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A little speculation concerning releases  (Read 5858 times)
lastroots
« on: December 11, 2005, 07:43:34 AM »

I don't know if this has been brought up already. If yes, just ignore / delete.

However, not too long ago it seemed like a new Best Of / Greatest Hits record was about to be released. We had Ross Halfin and Slash talking about it and we had listings on Amazon as well as CDUniverse about two new releases:

Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best Of
Greatest Hits Vol. II

The sources already named are trustable IMHO. Plus, we got the info that word about a second GH was spread by the same person who revealed info about the first GH in 2003.

Later Chinese Democracy appeared, for the first time ever, on Amazon.
I guess we are pretty sure that Amazon was not "playing games". They got the info, most likely from the record company.

Soon after, Sanctuary, Geffen, Universal started shooting down all these releases as if someone just made them up for fun.

Made them up for fun? Slash? Halfin? Amazon? CDuniverse?
Sorry, but ...... Nope!

This just reminds me of late 2003: Word got out about a GN'R Greatest hits compilation. In fact, it appeard on Amazon. Only a few days later it disappeared and Geffen as well as Merck shot down the "Rumour".

What happened? We all know it: Greatest Hits got released in March 2004.

First appearance: November. Disappeared and denied: late November, December. Released: March.

I think it is obvious what I want to say.
I believe that something is coming. I don't know what. Maybe just another compilation. But I'm absolutely sure that we will have a new release of some form at the latest in mid 06.

Your thoughts?

/lastroots
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 08:00:11 AM »

Could have hit the nail on the head..............................then again it might be nothing.

-------and time goes by-------
badapple81
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 08:01:42 AM »

Could have hit the nail on the head..............................then again it might be nothing.

Watch those splinters from sitting on the fence!
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 10:58:12 AM »

Watch those splinters from sitting on the fence!

Yes, more like a splinter of information hihi

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Evolution
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 11:14:16 AM »

Splinter being the final title of The Offspring album that they were gonna call Chinese Democracy.

Music always goes round in circles  Cheesy
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 12:37:01 PM »

Yea, what about that conversation with Slash about the new GH album?  Didn't that make it legit?  Geez, you can't believe ANYTHING you hear or read about this band, even from current or former band members.

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
slitherz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 12:37:51 PM »

good point...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 12:44:52 PM »

Music always goes round in circles 
I'd say it goes round in spirals. Cheesy

On topic....What is it?
I agree that something is defintely coming up, which is from the present day guns n roses, regardless of the "Best hits" business.
Info from the members is telling.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 01:16:18 PM »

yeah I think you're right lastroots, I just hope it's not another Greatest Hits or a Best Of!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 04:41:51 AM »

I think it's an interesting point regarding the Slash/Halfin quote. This to me, makes it appear that it's not a cover for CD but is infact another GH.

Unless of course it's an extremley elaborate cover where several red herrings and diversions have been created. Who knows? I agree though, something will be released soon

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 08:54:02 PM »

I think it's an interesting point regarding the Slash/Halfin quote. This to me, makes it appear that it's not a cover for CD but is infact another GH.

Unless of course it's an extremley elaborate cover where several red herrings and diversions have been created. Who knows? I agree though, something will be released soon
I agree. We are definitely gonna get something.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 11:46:06 PM »

I generally agree that some product will be released sometime in 2006. Right now my optimistic theory is that a GH was being put together but something got worked out to delay it---either Axl agreeing to release CD or at the very least submit his own GH....like ive said in other threads, the real things to look out for are RIR 06 annoucning its line-up and Tommy's schedule during the new year.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 03:21:15 AM »

Something is coming up for sure. Everything gnr always starts with these weird rumors etc. and then a few months later we find out what is really going on. Like you say, sites like amazon are not just going to post ads for products for no reason. Somewhere along the line someone at amazon got a memo or something stating that there would be a release of something. Who knows what the release will end up being, but like you say, I'm sure we'll know what's going on by mid-2006 at the lastest, and I would guess more likely by the end of February/March.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 06:00:12 AM »

I generally agree that some product will be released sometime in 2006. Right now my optimistic theory is that a GH was being put together but something got worked out to delay it---either Axl agreeing to release CD or at the very least submit his own GH....like ive said in other threads, the real things to look out for are RIR 06 annoucning its line-up and Tommy's schedule during the new year.

Yup. The whole scenario can only happen with GNR; at one point Universal was compiling a Best Of, as was Axl. I think it's another November deadline he missed with CD. Last time (in '03), the record company cut funding and released GH. Funny how this time around, there's some amount of communication between Axl's camp and Slash. Slash said that while he likes Axl's pitch for a Best Of, he's still to approve one over the other. I personally think he's been told stay unbiased while the lawsuit's still around the corner. Then again, while Slash and Duff apparently only seem to have an approval over the end product, hope remains that a reunion won't take place in court after all.

It seems everybody's just sort of caving in. The funny thing is that rumors concerning WTTJ originally began to fly very much around the same time as the trial was postponed. It sort of feels like a settlement between Axl, Slash, Duff and Universal concerning the original GH, and possibly the ongoing court case as well. I speculate that if WTTJ comes out, the trial will never happen. I only wonder could a joint release (around the same time, that is) of both CD and WTTJ be possible, as a Best Of might otherwise delay the real deal - once again.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 06:32:02 AM »

A little off point, but Amazon aren't the only organisation to advertise Chinese Democracy.

My flat mate recently returned from the US and rather smuggishly called me at the airport to say 'CD's coming out in Jan' (as if he'd found out before me). He has the November edition of a magazine called 'Sync' which calls itself 'America's Gadget Guide'. Anyway, turn to the music section and the very last edition in the 'Coming Soon' column is, you guessed it Guns N' Roses 'Chinese Democracy' scheduled for a Jan edition.

Not really a big deal, but it makes you wander where they get the info from.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 10:49:40 AM by No. 6 » Logged

Here today...ready to rock
elmir
VIP

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 09:59:16 AM »

Perhaps the record execs were just shooting blanks to show Axl that they're not fucking around anymore...either start delivering or they will do whatever it takes to milk the GNR brand whilst they still can.

It could also explain as to why Richard was back in studio this month...someone seems to be under serious pressure somewhere...I just hope it leads to some concrete results this time round.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 10:46:16 AM »

Splinter being the final title of The Offspring album that they were gonna call Chinese Democracy.

Music always goes round in circles? Cheesy

splinters dont. they just come at ya

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 03:13:10 AM »

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following
item from your order:

Guns N' Roses "Chinese Democracy"

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've
since found that it is not available from any of our sources at this
time.  We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we apologize
for the inconvenience we have caused you.

We have cancelled this item from your order.

Your credit card will NOT BE CHARGED for this item because you only
pay for items when we ship them to you.

Your order is now closed.

Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2005, 08:40:38 AM »

Halfin also said once that Chinese democracy is ready..

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2005, 10:00:09 AM »

If VR is expecting a spring release, and while GNR is also expecting to have a release around that time.  Could Axl be thinking to release CD around the same time of VR to see which album wins head to head

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: